Where can I buy eWin 2in1 expansion Pack

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Madridi, Aug 25, 2008.

Aug 25, 2008
  1. Madridi
    OP

Member Madridi Card Collector

Qatar
    PSXboy was the only place I knew about, and its out of stock.

Any idea?

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Note that the "downgraded" version isn't really much of a downgrade and will work exactly the same as the original. It has the same amount of memory to store GBA games. If I'm not mistaken, the only difference is that it has less SRAM memory. But it still has enough SRAM memory to store the save file -- it just can't store additional data in the SRAM about which game the save goes to. But that isn't a problem at all since the data is easily stored to the slot 1 microSD card. In other words, there will be no difference in functionality between the old and new versions.

The old version is obviously no longer manufactured, so there is little to no chance of getting one unless someone sells you theirs. It's unclear whether the new one is still manufactured as psxboy has been out of stock for months. sky2k.com was the only other place I know of to get them, and they are also out of stock.

Ironically, your best chance of getting one of the "old" ones (with the extra SRAM) is bundled with the DSTT, but those bundles are hard to find.

ebuyrealm.com still sells the eWin 2-in-1 and eWin rumble pak bundled with the DSTT for $45.99 (free shipping to the U.S.) which isn't a bad price if you're also looking for a DSTT but certainly isn't worth it for just the 2-in-1. I have no idea whether the 2-in-1 is the "old" or the "new" version (not that it matters).

The EZFlash 3-in-1 is really your best alternative at this point, and is available at dealextreme.com.

-Bri

3. Madridi
    OP

Qatar
    Thanks for the reply bri,

interesting info. I might get any version then.

I found these 2 sites
    http://www.minionlinestore.com/
    and
    http://www.zhuzhuchina.com/store/index.php...;products_id=92

I dont know whether they are the old versions or not. I dont even know if these sites are reliable or not.
    Care to check them out?
    Note that the first site ships for free

about the 3in1.. already have that.. as well as eziv lite deluxe, and m3 expansion pack.
    I'm going for a collection here.. =)

4. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I have had some problems with minionlinestore before (to the extent that I had to file a complaint with my credit card company to get a refund), but others have ordered successfully from them.

I just noticed that zhuzhuchina is a user of this forum, so you could PM him/her about it. Someone also mentioned that on psxboy.com (which I have ordered from and is reputable) you can go here:

http://www.psxboy.com/index.php?gOo=goods_...amp;goodsid=782

and it shows up in-stock. I don't know if it really is or not.

Unfortunately, many of the stores that have them in-stock are charging a lot more than psxboy.com did ($14 shipped).

ETA: I remember what the issue was not between the 128K SRAM (the "new" version) vs. the 256K SRAM (the "old" version) and have updated the information in my previous post. 128K is enough space to store GBA saves, but the extra SRAM could be used to store additional data. The extra SRAM is usually used to store information about which game the save data belongs to, but that information can easily be stored to the slot 1 microSD card instead, so functionally there is no difference between the 128K and 256K versions as long as your software supports the 128K version (most support both).

-Bri

5. Madridi
    OP

Qatar
    About psxboy, its out of stock, even through the link you gave me. If you click on it, it will say "stock lack", and will ask you whether you want to be notified by email when the new stock arrives or not.

I might leave minionlinestore as a last resort.
    I'll PM zhuzhuchina about that, but how would he know? Through GBA Exploader?
    ebuyrealm.com is not worth it as I do have a DSTT..

Thanks for the info between the 128K SRAM and 256K [​IMG]

6. BlitX

Newcomer BlitX Member

Canada
    Anyone have any luck finding somewhere with the ewin expansion pack in stock?

7. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
  8. zhuzhuchina

Member zhuzhuchina GBAtemp Advanced Fan

China
    sold out last pieces just this week, if i can find more on the streets i will adjourn the quantity on website.

9. Pliskron

Banned Pliskron Banned

United States
    I'm just curious why the ewin and not the 3in1?

10. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    This section has been dead since july 09, until someone asked where to get one for some reason.