Hacking Where can I buy Acekard 2i in the Phillipines?

punkyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Batang Bartikal 01 said:
Keyk said:
punkyrule said:
The answer is GREENHILLS SHOPPING CENTER
biggrin.gif
!

Did you actually buy anything from there? Does it work?

I just had my sister buy three Acekard 2i's for our new DSi's and had two of them setup in the store for my sister and my cousin. Mine, I bought without the micro SD as I have lots from my old Edge on my DSL. It's 1AM here now and I spent the whole of the past evening trying to make the damn thing work. I first tried to make AKAIO 1.5 and the old 1.4.1 to work. Then tried the official firmware but no dice. I took the micro SD that was setup at their store and it runs, no problem.

I investigated a bit and found that the akmenu4.nds on the working micro SD was a different filesize from the ones on the official firmware and the AKAIO ones. For reference, the one on the working one is 675kb, the one on latest official firmware is 676kb and the one on AKAIO 1.5 is 598kb. I tried to use the akmenu4.nds file on the working SD on the others and the farthest I've gone is have only the filebrowser part of the GUI load and the start button on the left instead of the right.

So anyway, right now, I strongly believe that I have fake Acekards and the akmenu4.nds that works for them is from an old firmware version. So basically, I guess it won't run any of the new ones. They said at the store that it should be able to run on DSi firmware 1.4. I'm going back there and make them set it up for me so I have AKAIO 1.5 working on a 1.4 DSi firmware. If not, I will return the things and ask for a full refund.

So anyway, long story short, DO NOT BUY AT GREENHILLS.

To the dude that said he bought from Rocksoft already, what did you buy? Thanks.
I'm also from Philippines and i recommend you not to buy at Greenhills.

Hmm.. Dunno but I got a good DSi package at Greenhills. Not really the Greenhills Shopping Center part but the AVIRA mall part of GH. They have good and not fake packages there. You should just know where to buy there. Try the Gameonegadget/ Mr.Dynamic shop there. They have affordable prices and they dont sell fakes. Got my Dsi package from them w/ AK2i and still working fine.
yaynds.gif

sakura102091

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
punkyrule said:
Batang Bartikal 01 said:
Keyk said:
punkyrule said:
biggrin.gif
!

I just had my sister buy three Acekard 2i's for our new DSi's and had two of them setup in the store for my sister and my cousin. Mine, I bought without the micro SD as I have lots from my old Edge on my DSL. It's 1AM here now and I spent the whole of the past evening trying to make the damn thing work. I first tried to make AKAIO 1.5 and the old 1.4.1 to work. Then tried the official firmware but no dice. I took the micro SD that was setup at their store and it runs, no problem.

I investigated a bit and found that the akmenu4.nds on the working micro SD was a different filesize from the ones on the official firmware and the AKAIO ones. For reference, the one on the working one is 675kb, the one on latest official firmware is 676kb and the one on AKAIO 1.5 is 598kb. I tried to use the akmenu4.nds file on the working SD on the others and the farthest I've gone is have only the filebrowser part of the GUI load and the start button on the left instead of the right.

So anyway, right now, I strongly believe that I have fake Acekards and the akmenu4.nds that works for them is from an old firmware version. So basically, I guess it won't run any of the new ones. They said at the store that it should be able to run on DSi firmware 1.4. I'm going back there and make them set it up for me so I have AKAIO 1.5 working on a 1.4 DSi firmware. If not, I will return the things and ask for a full refund.

To the dude that said he bought from Rocksoft already, what did you buy? Thanks.
I'm also from Philippines and i recommend you not to buy at Greenhills.

Hmm.. Dunno but I got a good DSi package at Greenhills. Not really the Greenhills Shopping Center part but the AVIRA mall part of GH. They have good and not fake packages there. You should just know where to buy there. Try the Gameonegadget/ Mr.Dynamic shop there. They have affordable prices and they dont sell fakes. Got my Dsi package from them w/ AK2i and still working fine.
yaynds.gif

Thanks for all the replies but if you bought it in rocksoft is it already set up?

Akothegreat

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah! I bought a package, acekard2 with 2GB microsd card and it's all setup already. Games are already loaded but no homebrew
I don't think you can pay in cash in any transaction if it's shipped. I used bank deposit for the first time and pickups in the latter. I'm studying at UST and it's a few kilometers from the pickup place(Sta. Cruz, Manila), just drop off at Bambang station and ask a tricycle to take you there
I also bought GBA sized 3in1 so it's loaded with GBA games as well
For convinenience, it's up to you if a day of shipping or half a day travelling to pickup

Skanob

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Rocksoftonline.com is the most legit seller that I can think of based on experience. I have already bought my Acekard2 and Ez Flash 3in1+ from them. Bought it from them personally. Then I just bought an NDS Lite Touch Screen from them last friday or thursday and I got it the next day. I bought that one using bank deposit. They delivered it here in Laguna. Trust me, its much more easier using that method. Just need to add a hundred(as of experience).
yaynds.gif

Having said that, I should have bought there my cousin's NDS Lite. Silly me. Got one from Festival Mall in Alabang for P6,900 and I just found out that its actually not brand new, they just replaced the housing of the NDS. I found that out when I myself replaced the touch screen that I've bought.
mad.gif

sakura102091

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Akothegreat said:
Yeah! I bought a package, acekard2 with 2GB microsd card and it's all setup already. Games are already loaded but no homebrew
I don't think you can pay in cash in any transaction if it's shipped. I used bank deposit for the first time and pickups in the latter. I'm studying at UST and it's a few kilometers from the pickup place(Sta. Cruz, Manila), just drop off at Bambang station and ask a tricycle to take you there
I also bought GBA sized 3in1 so it's loaded with GBA games as well
For convinenience, it's up to you if a day of shipping or half a day travelling to pickup

no homebrew?..what does that mean?...so sorry im new to all of these...did you use pesos?

so it cant be shipped?...
cry.gif

Akothegreat

Trophies
XP
Country
Homebrew are... home made nds files as against to games for nintendo, it can be any application made by the programmer. Search in google for more information on that

I used pesos, they don't ship overseas

sakura102091

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Akothegreat said:
Homebrew are... home made nds files as against to games for nintendo, it can be any application made by the programmer. Search in google for more information on that

I used pesos, they don't ship overseas

can they ship it in the makati?..is it with micro sd?...if so..how many gb?

sakura102091

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MARAMING SALAMAT POH!
bow.gif

(nagtagalog n rin..)

will they give you the information on how/where are you going to pay things?..and answer something if youre going to do shipping?
(pa sensya na poh kung paulit ulit po ung tnong)..

Akothegreat

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have a bank account, then you'll know. I already posted which banks he has so the nearest will do, those are abundant in makati. You can text him a message but I didn't do that. If you register, they'll ask for your address

Nakalimutan ko pa nga yung cellphone ko dun sa bahay nila, bumalik pa ko kinabukasan para kunin

sakura102091

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ill just use my dad's account...soo..mag rereagister poh kau sa rocksoft then..add cart poh kau ng specific item..then..they will send a mail kung san isishisihpp at paano babayarin...then...un lng po?

o2oxygen

Trophies
XP
Country
so Rocksoft is really a trustworthy one huh? i never read some negative about them planning to buy EZ Flash IV for my Gameboy Micro and iPlayer for my DSi... so mad that i bought my AK2i at SM North Edsa for 1,800! so over price but also happy coz its not a fake hahaha

Keyk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can vouch for Rocksoft.

I just got my Acekard 2i from the mail today after depositing payment yesterday morning. I was a little put off that they weren't online on the company YM the whole of Monday so I contacted them Tuesday via mobile. I asked him questions about the product and he was extremely knowledgeable and knew AKAIO and stuff. Furthermore, their Acekard 2is are firmware 1.4 ready; I did not have to run the updater myself. That was very convenient and it made me feel a little better because I was a little scared of bricking my new Acekard during the process.

Long story short, the Acekard is authentic. I am running AKAIO 1.5 on it right now on my 1.4U firmware. =)

mrsharpeye

Trophies
XP
Country
Keyk said:
punkyrule said:
biggrin.gif
!

Unfortunately, I also brought in Greenhills in the Game Xtreme Shop in Virra Mall. They sold me a fake Acekard 2i
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Announcer - "Ok folks we have a good fight today, Bakerman takes on Wario. This should be a good...