Hacking When will there be support for Emunand via USB with atmosphere?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm saying it would be a mistake to assume an intended disparity on my part. See above for more specifics. Some users communicates nothing about quantity.

It does say something about quantity in relation to "a lot of". (A lot of) > (some).

Let it go. I've explained your mistake above. There was no contradiction, and I'm uninterested in repeating myself anymore than I already have. If you disagree, then we're just going to have to agree to disagree. This is also an example of one of the many times I've found semantic arguments to be boring, particularly when it's less of a conversation and more me lecturing one-way about how words work
I didn’t make a mistake. You’re just making excuses now. I don’t care if you find it boring. If you make stupid mistakes with your wording you have to expect people calling you out.

Free CFW with signature patches was only released a few weeks before SX OS released emuNAND. Given that and the availability of new features on Atmosphere since then, the perceived gap between Atmosphere and SX OS has narrowed. My prediction, based on anecdotal evidence, is that the release of a free emuNAND will narrow the gap enough to significantly shrink sales more than they already have been, effectively putting the final nail in SX OS' coffin. My prediction could be wrong. For example, SX OS might already be dead as far as sales are concerned.
Well yeah, that’s your opinion that you stated multiple times. I disagree with your opinion and I have different anecdotal evidence to support my opinion.

There's no way to safely play online on the Switch without paying for online play and the aforementioned games, so what pirates want is irrelevant with regard to online play.
How does that add anything to the question which CFW pirates prefer? My point was there are less people who are interested in online play than people who just want to pirate and because of that it is reasonable to assume that a competing emunand won’t have as much of an impact on SX OS as you make it out to be. emunand isn’t what sells SX OS, it’s the easy of use and the convenience of a complete package SX OS provides.

You might be right, but it's bold to say it's in no way going to happen. Based in part on this statement, I feel my prediction is more intellectually honest and unrooted in emotional biases.
I can return that directly to you. I think that your statement, hurr durr SX OS will die, is even bolder and less intellectually honest.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I hope Dimok from Wii U scene will help hexkyz to co-develop the Atmosphere's Emunand. I'm a fan of Dimok back to the good old days of Mocha Rednand CFW. Wait and see... Oh wait. my popcorns.

Reactions: loler55 and Imancol

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Let it go. I've explained your mistake above. There was no contradiction, and I'm uninterested in repeating myself anymore than I already have. If you disagree, then we're just going to have to agree to disagree. This is also an example of one of the many times I've found semantic arguments to be boring, particularly when it's less of a conversation and more me lecturing one-way about how words work.

But Lacius, arguing semantics and repeating yourself is your raison d'etre and when you are caught out you try to gracefully backup with the agree to disagree?.

Your use of 'many' and 'some' and stating that 'many' is a subset of 'some' is frankly bullshit - generally when people are referencing those terms it is as two seperate subsets of an entire set.. not as subsets of each other. In this case you were not clear enough with your using vague terminology. Stop sitting on the fence with vague predictions, commit. That is why I don't retcon my posts anywhere, I take accountability for my words and actions - including the two times I have openly called specific users on here names.

Free CFW with signature patches was only released a few weeks before SX OS released emuNAND. Given that and the availability of new features on Atmosphere since then, the perceived gap between Atmosphere and SX OS has narrowed. My prediction, based on anecdotal evidence, is that the release of a free emuNAND will narrow the gap enough to significantly shrink sales more than they already have been, effectively putting the final nail in SX OS' coffin. My prediction could be wrong. For example, SX OS might already be dead as far as sales are concerned.

Wrong again.. Blahlbah confirmed that they released sig patches for free CFW on July 22nd 2018, then less than 11 hours ago YOU acknowledged that and posted "Signature patches that provided 100% compatibility were first released by Reisyukaku around that date".. which was a good 2 months before SX OS was released with the ''fake'' sysnand partitioned emuNAND. So here you are blatantly lying against your own posts of less than 11 hours ago.

There's no way to safely play online on the Switch without paying for online play and the aforementioned games, so what pirates want is irrelevant with regard to online play. Based on posts in this thread as well as my own anecdotal conversations with SX OS users, emuNAND is a big deal to some, and with a free alternative, SX OS isn't worth the price.

Technically incorrect. There are some (since you like to use vague numbering systems) free to play online games and the only ''safe'' way to play them online is with OFW. The way you can do this easily with a modded switch is use two different SD cards (just to be extra sure) and have one SD card configured with your CFW and emuNAND - that has all your offline backups and homebrew. The other SD card is nothing but OFW and you install the free games on there to play online. Also there are some games you need to subscibe to Nintendo Online services to play their free to download games (Amazon Prime / Twitch Prime solves that with 1 year free access).

You might be right, but it's bold to say it's in no way going to happen. Based in part on this statement, I feel my prediction is more intellectually honest and unrooted in emotional biases.

The blatant lying displayed above about sig patch release and emuNAND release dates proves otherwise.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I said earlier that it would probably be a slow death, so no. Gateway, for example, kept updating long after sales were practically nonexistent.

Awesome, so we can look forward to years of your posting about slow death?

Imancol

Otak Productions
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
If atmosphere Emunand was released, how would I go about moving all my games from my sx (hidden) emunand to atmosphere? O is it even possible?
If I'm not bad, you can use DevMenu to move games from the Nand to MicroSD. It also has support for external memories ... but it was only designed for Dev Kit, not for retail consoles.

But Lacius, arguing semantics and repeating yourself is your raison d'etre and when you are caught out you try to gracefully backup with the agree to disagree?.

Your use of 'many' and 'some' and stating that 'many' is a subset of 'some' is frankly bullshit - generally when people are referencing those terms it is as two seperate subsets of an entire set.. not as subsets of each other. In this case you were not clear enough with your using vague terminology. Stop sitting on the fence with vague predictions, commit. That is why I don't retcon my posts anywhere, I take accountability for my words and actions - including the two times I have openly called specific users on here names.

Wrong again.. Blahlbah confirmed that they released sig patches for free CFW on July 22nd 2018, then less than 11 hours ago YOU acknowledged that and posted "Signature patches that provided 100% compatibility were first released by Reisyukaku around that date".. which was a good 2 months before SX OS was released with the ''fake'' sysnand partitioned emuNAND. So here you are blatantly lying against your own posts of less than 11 hours ago.

Technically incorrect. There are some (since you like to use vague numbering systems) free to play online games and the only ''safe'' way to play them online is with OFW. The way you can do this easily with a modded switch is use two different SD cards (just to be extra sure) and have one SD card configured with your CFW and emuNAND - that has all your offline backups and homebrew. The other SD card is nothing but OFW and you install the free games on there to play online. Also there are some games you need to subscibe to Nintendo Online services to play their free to download games (Amazon Prime / Twitch Prime solves that with 1 year free access).

The blatant lying displayed above about sig patch release and emuNAND release dates proves otherwise.

Thanks to you, this thread was the most visited of the day.

PS: I did not read anything you said, it gives me a migraine ...

Reactions: Deleted User

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

First, I only say "agree to disagree" once I'm only repeating myself. I'd rather not get caught in an infinite loop. Second, someone in this thread said SX OS emuNAND was released in August. That's what I was going off. To say I lied is to be disengenuous, unless you're saying I lack the ability to be fallible.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks to you, this thread was the most visited of the day.

PS: I did not read anything you said, it gives me a migraine ...

I don't see how my posts exclusively make this the most visited thread.

as for the migraine, go have a lie down.. you'll feel better after a nap.

First, I only say "agree to disagree" once I'm only repeating myself. I'd rather not get caught in an infinite loop. Second, someone in this thread said SX OS emuNAND was released in August. That's what I was going off. To say I lied is to be disengenuous, unless you're saying I lack the ability to be fallible.

I would call a statement issued after the facts have been verified AND the person issuing the false statement has also acknowledged the facts to be true - a lie.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does say something about quantity in relation to "a lot of". (A lot of) > (some).

I didn’t make a mistake. You’re just making excuses now. I don’t care if you find it boring. If you make stupid mistakes with your wording you have to expect people calling you out.

Well yeah, that’s your opinion that you stated multiple times. I disagree with your opinion and I have different anecdotal evidence to support my opinion.

How does that add anything to the question which CFW pirates prefer? My point was there are less people who are interested in online play than people who just want to pirate and because of that it is reasonable to assume that a competing emunand won’t have as much of an impact on SX OS as you make it out to be. emunand isn’t what sells SX OS, it’s the easy of use and the convenience of a complete package SX OS provides.

I can return that directly to you. I think that your statement, hurr durr SX OS will die, is even bolder and less intellectually honest.
Agree to disagree, buddy. I can only repeat what I've already said at this point.

I don't see how my posts exclusively make this the most visited thread.

as for the migraine, go have a lie down.. you'll feel better after a nap.

I would call a statement issued after the facts have been verified AND the person issuing the false statement has also acknowledged the facts to be true - a lie.
I didn't see any correction, but I've also only been looking at posts where I'm tagged. When was emuNAND released on SX OS?

Depending on the date, it also doesn't make much of a difference, as free CFW was still new.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I didn't see any correction, but I've also only been looking at posts where I'm tagged. When was emuNAND released on SX OS?

Depending on the date, it also doesn't make much of a difference, as free CFW was still new.

September 22nd 2018.. two months after sig patches for CFW were released on 22nd EDIT: JULY, not June as I had originally posted. free CFW was released in June.

It's not hard to fact check before posting misinformation.

A brief timeline for comparing features and how long they have been out, to influence (or not) prespective CFW users:

22 Sept 2018 - SX OS 2.0 with partitioned ''emuNAND''
16 Oct 2018 - SX OS 2.2 with docked USB HDD support
19 Nov 2018 - SX OS 2.3 with SD card emuNAND and full mem support for homebrew when pressing R + launching title
20 Dec 2018 - SX OS 2.5 lanplay support
3 Jan 2019 - SX OS 2.5.1 XCI installation

Last edited by gizmomelb,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
September 22nd 2018.. two months after sig patches for CFW were released on 22nd June.

It's not hard to fact check before posting misinformation.

A brief timeline for comparing features and how long they have been out, to influence (or not) prespective CFW users:

22 Sept 2018 - SX OS 2.0 with partitioned ''emuNAND''
16 Oct 2018 - SX OS 2.2 with docked USB HDD support
19 Nov 2018 - SX OS 2.3 with SD card emuNAND and full mem support for homebrew when pressing R + launching title
20 Dec 2018 - SX OS 2.5 lanplay support
3 Jan 2019 - SX OS 2.5.1 XCI installation
I used the phrase a few weeks because I didn't check the exact date and was going with the claim posted earlier that sounds about right. If this is turning into a semantic argument of whether I should have said a few weeks or several weeks, I'm not particularly interested. I didn't say anything untrue, and if you want to argue I did, that doesn't mean I lied. The difference is also irrelevant to the point I was making.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I used the phrase a few weeks because I didn't check the exact date and was going with the claim posted earlier that sounds about right. If this is turning into a semantic argument of whether I should have said a few weeks or several weeks, I'm not particularly interested. I didn't say anything untrue, and if you want to argue I did, that doesn't mean I lied. The difference is also irrelevant to the point I was making.

A few weeks is totally different to two months, this is not about semantics at all. Please fact check before posting misinformation.

The point *I* am making is you had been told when sig patches for CFW had been released, you also replied acknowledging that and mentioned another sig patch contributor - 11 hours later while trying to make a point you post misinformation of the release dates. Mistakes happen but if your own memory is slipping that badly, might be time to take a rest.

Thank you once again for continuing an off topic thread with discussion about you.

Last edited by gizmomelb,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few weeks is totally different to two months, this is not about semantics at all. Please fact check before posting misinformation.

The point *I* am making is you had been told when sig patches for CFW had been released, you also replied acknowledging that and mentioned another sig patch contributor - 11 hours later while trying to make a point you post misinformation of the release dates. Mistakes happen but if your own memory is slipping that badly, might be time to take a rest.

Thank you once again for continuing an off topic thread with discussion about you.
Uh, the date was about right, which is all I ever claimed. I wasn't actually wrong. If you want to say I was, great, but don't make the petty leap to calling me a liar.

As I said before, I'm not interested in having a conversation about semantics. It's a common deflection strategy a person uses when he or she doesn't want to address the actual topic.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Uh, the date was about right, which is all I ever claimed. I wasn't actually wrong. If you want to say I was, great, but don't make the petty leap to calling me a liar.

As I said before, I'm not interested in having a conversation about semantics. It's a common deflection strategy a person uses when he or she doesn't want to address the actual topic.

I am trying to address the actual topic - which you keep trying to deflect - and that (off topic for this and most threads you post in) is that AFTER you had been told the specific date, had also discussed it with said poster and mentioned another coders release around that time - you then either willfully or negligently posted misinformation. While most of your posts are ''technically correct'' (eg: something might or might not happen) they contain little to no information and are speculation and opinion at best. Please refrain from upping your ante to posting misinformation.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to address the actual topic - which you keep trying to deflect - and that (off topic for this and most threads you post in) is that AFTER you had been told the specific date, had also discussed it with said poster and mentioned another coders release around that time - you then either willfully or negligently posted misinformation. While most of your posts are ''technically correct'' (eg: something might or might not happen) they contain little to no information and are speculation and opinion at best. Please refrain from upping your ante to posting misinformation.
That's not the topic, and it's irrelevant to the topic. My prediction, which could be wrong, is free emuNAND will significantly reduce the sales of SX OS. Whether emuNAND for SX OS was released in August or in September is irrelevant to my point.

rasqba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So if I were to use one card with EmuNAND and all the homebrew stuff, and a second card with only OFW stuff, would I theoretically be able to play online games without getting banned while doing all the cfw and homebrew stuff on my other SD with EmuNAND?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I were to use one card with EmuNAND and all the homebrew stuff, and a second card with only OFW stuff, would I theoretically be able to play online games without getting banned while doing all the cfw and homebrew stuff on my other SD with EmuNAND?
You probably wouldn't even need two cards, but yes, that's the idea.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

if you only play online games you own, or have free versions to play with OFW.. then yes, you should be fine. That is what I do and why emuNAND is such a good thing to have.

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not the topic, and it's irrelevant to the topic. My prediction, which could be wrong, is free emuNAND will significantly reduce the sales of SX OS. Whether emuNAND for SX OS was released in August or in September is irrelevant to my point.
Man then atmos should almost have no users..when sxos released emunand it significantly reduced atmos user. Then again with xci and another time with usb loading.
Uff it does have it hard.

Edit
Before you say that sxos is paid i tell you that at least some ( which according to you can be a lot ) did indeed change to sxos.

Last edited by ombus,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man then atmos should almost have no users..when sxos released emunand it significantly reduced atmos user. Then again with xci and another time with usb loading.
Uff it does have it hard.
There are many users who don't care about emuNAND, myself included. There are also many users who aren't going to pay money for a CFW when there are free alternatives, and there are people who don't like some of the ugly things TX has done.

With all that being said, you're right that SX OS reduces the potential number of Atmosphere users, assuming they would otherwise be using Atmosphere if SX OS didn't exist.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work