When will there be support for Emunand via USB with atmosphere?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Ghost92, Apr 7, 2019.

1. JoeBloggs777

JoeBloggs777 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    both my kids still use their gateway cards now, yes they are on older firmware, but there are only a few and i mean a few out of 1000s of games that don't work. your right about no support but for a few games that don't work they don't care.

2. Switch_Maniac

Switch_Maniac Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2018
    United States
    They all do on here friend haha. It always turns into a shit posting on TX.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I do haha. I enoy plenty of games on all consoles haha. Just gets annoying when people just shit on something over and over again and say things like "anecdotal evidence" means nothing. I guess the 1000s of people using emunand without any issues are just an anomaly. Also funny how ReSwitched has the evidence that it's buggy being that, that server is the Atmo devs. I'm sure they are not one sided there at all.

Last edited by Switch_Maniac, Apr 11, 2019
    gizmomelb, JJTapia19 and thaikhoa like this.
  3. mattytrog

mattytrog You don`t want to listen to anything I say.

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Ignore the freaks. The same old people love an excuse to hate on TX.

Gets boring after a bit.

I will say that TX, however accomplished, was the first to bring emunand as we know. However it was done. It is a good implementation. Very reliable. Lack of kip support is the only negative.

Personally, I haven't seen corruption on any of the consoles I have repaired or rebuilt that wasn't caused by something else. And we've done more than a couple.

Atmospheres implementation will be superior, I have no doubt. And it will put TX in a very deep hole. Probably game over for them. Nobody will care.

But the clowns should quit the hate. Grow the f**k up and get a life you bunch of weirdos

4. TPMJB
    This message by TPMJB has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Apr 12, 2019, Reason: Thread cleanup.
    Apr 12, 2019
  5. Switch_Maniac
    This message by Switch_Maniac has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Apr 12, 2019, Reason: Thread cleanup.
    Apr 12, 2019
  6. mattytrog
    This message by mattytrog has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Apr 12, 2019, Reason: Thread cleanup.
    Apr 12, 2019
  7. TPMJB
    This message by TPMJB has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Apr 12, 2019, Reason: Thread cleanup.
    Apr 12, 2019
  8. mattytrog
    This message by mattytrog has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Apr 12, 2019, Reason: Thread cleanup.
    Apr 12, 2019
  9. Switch_Maniac
    This message by Switch_Maniac has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Apr 12, 2019, Reason: Thread cleanup.
    Apr 12, 2019
  10. Dasfilth

Dasfilth Member

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2016
    United States
    The free hacks for 3DS did get cheat support with a GUI and all.

CloudLep likes this.
  11. kamesenin888

kamesenin888 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 20, 2007
    and they were very bad compared to gateway implementation, it was easier and better in the long run, but the free ones were free, choosers cant be beggars

Last edited by kamesenin888, Apr 13, 2019
  12. SvenDeadlySin

SvenDeadlySin Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2019
    United States
    Oklahoma
    So, in all the debate, well does anyone think it will happen? XCI on non SX OS cfw. I’m so close to just buying SX OS.

Last edited by SvenDeadlySin, Apr 29, 2019
  13. voddy

voddy No Title Available

Jul 14, 2013
    United States
    Xci will never come to atmos officially. It must come from a shady anon source as it uses official headers to create an emulated card. Something scires would never release

SvenDeadlySin likes this.
  14. SvenDeadlySin

SvenDeadlySin Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2019
    United States
    Oklahoma
    Yuh, as stated I said non SX OS cfw. I was more hoping someone saw someone comment on the subject, I might just go ahead and purchase it and dual boot with atmo. Thanks!

15. voddy

voddy No Title Available

Jul 14, 2013
    United States
    Sadly no. The only thing people write is there won't be any xci loader. Only rei maybe could implement such a feature but I guess even rei won't do that.

16. SvenDeadlySin

SvenDeadlySin Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2019
    United States
    Oklahoma
    You seem to be more informed on the subject. I’m not a prodigy but would you happen to know where I could start studying to try and implement something like this? Any projects for another platform similar I could study?

17. voddy

voddy No Title Available

Jul 14, 2013
    United States
    I m not that informed. But you can start by going into the discord s of the cfw. There s an atmosphere (reswitched) and a reinx discord server. They usually give you help. It s good to know some languages like c and cpp. Maybe you can start by going through the sources of atmosphere and the newly released coldboot of 1.0.0 and 3.0.0. It's good to program a lot to learn how to hack and exploit. You will understand hacking and exploiting by trying. Maybe you can start in the psp scene It's easy to code a "Sparta" hack.. And maybe read through posts of fail overflow or in the ps4 scene (spectar). I learned a lot of smea. He was a nice help in learning how to exploit consoles.

afeufeufeu likes this.
  18. deltamind106

deltamind106 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2016
    United States
    I use XCI loading all the time, and none of my games are pirated. How do you come to this conclusion?

Ok now that is straight up out of fantasy land. Explain to me how it less convenient to select games off a menu from my couch, compared to getting up and inserting little black plastic cartridges every time I want to switch games... Are you kidding me? Are you just stupid, or are you trolling here? No one wants to keep track of stupid little plastic cartridges that can get lost, get broken, have to be carried around in a PORTABLE game system, blah blah blah blah as your username goes...

Badablek likes this.
  19. ModderFokker619

ModderFokker619 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 2, 2015
    United States
    California

NSP dont need to be mounted - Pretty sure thats what he meant

20. deltamind106

deltamind106 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2016
    United States
    You mean NSP is more convenient than XCI? No way in hell... I just recently tried converting my XCI files to NSPs and installing them using Atmosphere and gold leaf. What a gigantic PITA. And I was not successful after like 2 hours of work. Gotta get the keys from lockpick_rcm, download 4nxci, convert the XCI to create the NSP, then copy the NSP to the console, use gold leaf to install the NSP, and oops sorry your sigpatches aren't updated. Now hunt around and figure out what are sigpatch files, google where to download sigpatch files, found them on some web site that spawns a billion ads, install sigpatch files, and oops it still doesn't work cuz those were the sigpatches for 8.0.0, not 8.0.1. Guess the 8.0.1 sigpatches aren't out yet or some shit.

Guess what, the XCI file just worked. You dump it, then it appears in the menu, you select it when you want to play it, and it just works.

21. makazula

makazula Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2019
    France
    Bud, don't want to add anything on the nsp vs xci discussion (everyone knows their differences at this point). Just want to say that most of that work you needed to do, you just do it one time (download 4nxci, dump keys etc) and the sigpatches are on gba temp, so there are no ads, and they work with 8.0.1.

What you say in the end is undeliable, you dump an XCI and it just works. However all those steps you mentioned before are not really something you have to do for every nsp install or xci convert.

22. deltamind106

deltamind106 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2016
    United States
    Well the sigpatches I have don't work. I searched gbatemp for "switch sigpatches 8.0" and found nothing. Where are they? Goldleaf just keeps complaining about sigpatches when I try to install the NSP so something isn't correct. It's mystery as to what the problem is though.

23. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Sweet patches are the ones you want. If goldleaf still doesn't work with those, try a different installer I guess.

deltamind106 likes this.
  24. Xilith

Xilith Member

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2019
    Italy
    you can even use gateway on 11.9 without issues with 4.5 firmware and newer games...i never cried xD

25. b17bomber

b17bomber GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 15, 2009
    United States
    How do you get this to work???

26. deltamind106

deltamind106 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2016
    United States
    Well I guess that was the problem, whatever my google search turned up for sigpatches wasn't good enough. Because after I used the link to "sweet patches" that you provided, it works finally.

But this is just the problem I have with Atmosphere, it's kind of half-baked CFW. Why are the sigpatches missing from Atmosphere? Shouldn't they be bundled in? It seems that the justification for missing XCI support is "piracy", so is that also the reason why the sigpatches aren't there?

Maybe a more accurate explanation of why XCI will never be included with Atmosphere is that they would have to include illegal keys in the Atmosphere distribution for XCI to work. But even that argument doesn't hold water. If that's the reason, then all they have to do is a little gymnastics like they did for Sept-- just include a bunch of code to dynamically derive the keys during start-up, and presto now you don't have to embed illegal keys in your distribution. So the whole excuse of "piracy" or "illegal keys" for not including XCI support seems like a cop out.

Look, maybe ScireS doesn't want to be bothered with XCI support, because he doesn't care. But surely some other dev does? My opinion is that if someone took the source code to Atmosphere and extended it to include XCI support, and called it Stratosphere (or whatever) and properly gave credit to ScireS for the original work, then Atmosphere would go extinct overnight.

Funny thing is, I am actually a dev. Yeah yeah I know everyone says that so blah blah blah, but the fact is I've been writing C code for embedded devices for over 20 years, so I'm an expert at it. But I've never written a line of code for a game console, so it would be a large learning curve to get acclimated. Honestly that's the only thing that keeps me from doing exactly what I described above.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted