Hacking When will there be support for Emunand via USB with atmosphere?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
In other words, if SX OS users and potential buyers are primarily expressing an interest in emuNAND, they won't use/buy SX OS once Atmosphere releases emuNAND.
Yeah I got that the first time you posted it. But the way you posted it made it sound like you think the SX OS user base is very small and that a large portion of that user base will switch to Atmosphere’s emuNAND. Remember that the SX OS user base existed way before emuNAND was implemented and that most of them (to my impression) are already banned and therefore don’t care about emuNAND. Again, your choice of wording was poor.

Reactions: gizmomelb

TPMJB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
----

...Cant people play their legitimate games in xci so they dont need to install or bring they carts ?
I converted all my carts to xci with this idea, but unfortunately installing XCI to the console coverts it to NSP, which could potentially flag your console. If we could mount our own XCIs it would be great so I could just put my carts in storage

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I got that the first time you posted it. But the way you posted it made it sound like you think the SX OS user base is very small and that a large portion of that user base will switch to Atmosphere’s emuNAND. Remember that the SX OS user base existed way before emuNAND was implemented and that most of them (to my impression) are already banned and therefore don’t care about emuNAND. Again, your choice of wording was poor.
Just because you didn't understand my post and mistakenly thought there was a contradiction doesn't mean my word choice was poor.

Reactions: Hugopugo

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Just because you didn't understand my post and mistakenly thought there was a contradiction doesn't mean my word choice was poor.
Huh? Where did I say I didn’t understand your post? I understood it clearly and your comments still contradict each other. Maybe you’re the one who doesn’t understand.

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh? Where did I say I didn’t understand your post? I understood it clearly and your comments still contradict each other. Maybe you’re the one who doesn’t understand.

Pretty sure the person that actually wrote the post has a better understanding of their words than the person operating in bad faith.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My posts are not contradictory. I've already explained why, and you already admitted it.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I said people want emuNAND, so SX OS sales will suffer if Atmosphere adds it. It's not complicated.
Holy shit, apparently it’s complicated for you. That’s the first time you said SX OS sales will “suffer”. Before you said that, and I quote

My prediction is also that emuNAND support for Atmosphere will be the final death nail in the coffin of SX OS.

There is a difference between suffering sales (which obviously they will) and something being the final death nail in the coffin of SX OS. That was the basis of our argument in the first place.

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So? I already told you that I agreed with you that an Atmosphere emuNAND will hit SX OS:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/when-wi...sb-with-atmosphere.535434/page-2#post-8584410

How does that make your statements NOT contradict each other? I don’t want to repeat myself so please go over my posts again, especially the parts I bolded for you.

Could you stop being dumb as a rock? There is no contradiction there. Some people want emuNAND, one of the few remaining SXOS-only features. As new people prepare to mod their Switches for the first time, fewer will pick the paid CFW over the free one if the free one has the features they want.

Let me break it down for you:

'Some people' want emuNAND: True

'People largely won't have any reason to purchase SX OS: Also true. emuNAND isn't the only remaining SXOS-only feature, but it's the only one of personal value to me, and I have a feeling that - under any objective measure - it is the most useful of the bunch. Using a USB drive as an install source is strange, XCI mounting is a less convenient way to play games. EmuNAND is useful if the user knows what they are doing & wants to dodge bans. With emuNAND in free CFW, people largely will not have a reason to purchase SX OS.

So 'people largely' reflects that reality: that emuNAND is the most useful remaining SXOS-only feature, but that other features exist that one (if they are prone to strange decision making) could opt to purchase SXOS to get. People largely won't have any reason to purchase SX OS, as opposed to people having absolutely no reason.

Now go away, unless you are willing to operate in good faith.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There is a difference between suffering sales (which obviously they will) and something being the final death nail in the coffin of SX OS. That was the basis of our argument in the first place.

The remaining features are of limited usefulness, so emuNAND (in all likelihood) will be the final nail in the coffin for SX, just like emuNAND in free CFW did the same to Gateway. SX will (slowly, as usual) push out updates based on free CFW, but new sales will slow and slow and slow until the numbers become such that further support isn't warranted.

Last edited by blahblah,
D

Deleted User

Holy shit, apparently it’s complicated for you. That’s the first time you said SX OS sales will “suffer”. Before you said that, and I quote

Knowing tx they couldnt figure out the new ipatched hardware and stopped supporting it hoping to crack the new consoles that release this year theres no more money to be made from og models they get no money for updates either

Last edited by ,

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Knowing tx they couldnt figure out the new ipatched hardware and stopped supporting it hoping to crack the new consoles that release this year theres no more money to be made from og models
Yeah the ipatched units are a different issue but I think IF there ever will be a hack for those then it’s coming from the Atmosphere guys first.

D

Deleted User

Yeah the ipatched units are a different issue but I think IF there ever will be a hack for those then it’s coming from the Atmosphere guys first.
Then I'm afraid tx will use it and it will happen all over again

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It will be the final nail because sales will suffer. It's not contradictory. It's causal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it