Question When will a free XCI Backup Loader be released?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by RyuSeisuke1992, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    It does not take way more time. It may take more time if you do it the old way. Put it on SD and install, but it is only the install part which takes the extra time. And that one depends on your SD card.
    Can't argue with that, because that is a personal experience. I usually play games and once I am done with it, I uninstall it, because I have all the NSPs backed up, so I can reinstall them any time I want. That's also why I have so much space for on SD.
    No please no, not this argument again. If you can't wait for something to install, you might don't want to wait for it to even download, so you should just buy it physically instead. Seriously, worst argument ever.
    Devmenu, closed source tinfoil (DZ).

Last edited by Kubas_inko, Dec 19, 2018
    SaffronXL likes this.
  2. _DrBecks_

_DrBecks_ Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2018
    Germany
    It’s true! A installed NSP is faster than XCI, and not only with CFW. The Cartridge-Loading is slower than a installed title in system-memory

3. Zumoly

Zumoly GBATemp Analyst

Apr 27, 2018
    Mali
    Yorosso
    Not to go in too much details, something recent: https://gbatemp.net/posts/8437618/

4. Migz

Migz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2008
    xci loader would only be useful for hdd support in dock mode! ;)

5. Grmmish

Grmmish GBAtemp Fan

Sep 6, 2018
    United States
    This isn't hard to understand. If you had A CHOICE to wait a year for a game or just get it now, what would be your choice? In this case I have a choice and I made my decision based on the incentive.

6. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    You still have to wait no matter what. It's just a stupid argument. If you want to play it so much, buy it because you probably can't wait for the download.

7. Grmmish

Grmmish GBAtemp Fan

Sep 6, 2018
    United States
    LOL it isn't a stupid argument. Obviously we have to wait in SOME way. There are loading screens. Going to the store, etc. But I think you miss the point with what we CHOOSE to wait for. Why would I walk 3 miles to the store when I can get on my bike and get there faster? What is there to be gained? My point is I can wait a million years if I had to... But I don't have to so why would I? There's no incentive of this "Extra" waiting, while obviously the base waiting is not something someone can control.

But anyways, this is off topic, proceed, proceed. LOL

8. Tilde88
    This message by Tilde88 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Feb 11, 2019, Reason: Reply to deleted post.
    Dec 20, 2018
  9. tiesio

tiesio Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2017
    Netherlands
    use zerotwoxci

10. Masamune3210

Masamune3210 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 23, 2016
    United States
    Thats a totally different thing, that takes the xci and installs the nca and related things just like a nsp would. The major point behind most people wanting to use xci is less of a trace of weirdness on the system to lead to a ban.

tiesio likes this.
  11. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Also the ability to customize xci's turning them into a complete game package with updates/dlc via NSCBuilder without the need of installing nsp files on our sd cards. The wanting is more than just a precaution of a ban now.

12. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    If new DLC comes, you still have to install it or replace the whole XCI.

13. MasterJ360

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    The best way to handle that is to wait when the game has all DLC released before creating our own Deluxe edition. Before that happens then installing nsp dlc/updates is more convenient.

14. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    How is replacing already installed game (XCI with everything for NSP with everything) more convenient than leaving it already installed then?

15. MasterJ360

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    You read my comment wrong. "Installing nsp dlc/updates to an sd card is more convenient than repacking an xci every time theres new content still being released". Thats why I stated its best to wait when the game stops getting support to create a full game packaged xci containing all content. Also the user can then delete all the updates/dlc of the said game off the sd card to regain some space if mounted on an external HDD.

Last edited by MasterJ360, Feb 10, 2019
  16. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Yes, but who is willing to wait while not going to play it? By the time you wait for the whole XCI, you probably already have the game as nsps with all dlcs and updates (that's what I meant).

17. MasterJ360

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    You'll be surprised how many of us rather have a full game xci. And honestly most Switch games have ended their DLC support to make this approachable. I have bought Xeno2, BOTW, & Fire Emblem Warriors carts including their season pass, but it didn't stop me from building a custom xci with all their DLC intact. Might seem unnecessary to you, but it has its perks including reducing storage space deleting content on sd card thats already packed in the xci and I don't have to switch out my physical carts ofc. Oh btw if they ever decide to install the custom xci they wont have to worry about re installing any dlc b/c its already there within the xci. There are sites out there that have custom pre made xci saving us the trouble looking for individual nsp files as well:)

Im not saying they shouldn't play the game by waiting its support to end, Im saying thats the best time to build an xci with all dlc.

Last edited by MasterJ360, Feb 11, 2019 - Reason: can't spell
  18. Sumandora

Sumandora GBAtemp Regular

Nov 13, 2018
    Germany
    Dont think this will be public in some months

19. Rune

Rune GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 15, 2017
    There's nothing wrong with building an XCI, and then building another one later with the new DLC. The perks of using XCIs are good enough to have to rebuild the files again in the future.

ganons likes this.
  20. TPMJB

TPMJB Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2014
    United States
    Syracuse, New York
    Custom XCIs don't carry a greater risk of ban? I have all those games but don't download the DLC

I imagine if I didn't pay for the DLC it would, though.

21. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese 100%!
    ReiNX team are still working on it. It will have full XCI installed just like SX OS. No ETA.