Hacking Question When will a free XCI Backup Loader be released?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 44,112
  • Replies 352
  • Likes 6

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, you still don't understand. Own XCI games are much safer than converting them to NSP.
And I find playing XCI much more comfortable because I don't have to install it.

Perfect answer. Absolutely right. I hope they will.. I am on ReiNX and I don't like to install it at all. Running XCI games are much more comfortable and save HD space. :) Someday on ReiNX, perhaps ? Who knows.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Someone here said that u cant download updates while using XCIs thats wrong man, just boot in OFW, push + and it installs. since TX release never had a problem with that
yeah that does work, but i read that nintendo can see the id of the 'cart' (xci) you have used, and since it's used loads of times/fake, they will probably ban you.

Nezztor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i use full updatet xci with dlcs in it from my own cards ONLINE !! with savemods and im not banned since a long time. with NSCB with full custom modded settings.

for me this is the biggest point on the switch.

if u know how u can share tik/cert with friends one buy but mutch friends have online fun. and noone from us is banned.

but atm i see no tools that make a legit xci without ban chance.

we have also unbanned a switch with others hardware id it is so mutch more posibil as we see here. thats for sure!

So if I plan to use xci only how can I know if the xci is legit? No plans on online play with sxos just emunand+xci loading

Grmmish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is going to a special menu, each time you want to play a title, more convenient than something right on your homescreen? And how about the extra space xcis take compared to installed NSPs?

Some of look FURTHER into the BIG PICTURE than you do. Your argument is "Go into another menu, pressing mount then launching it is just adding another step than just pressing launch in the first place." And this is indeed true but do you not fail to realize that to GET THAT TO HAPPEN IN THE FIRST PLACE you need to go through WAY MORE STEPS AND WAY MORE TIME just to have that where the sacrifices hardly make it worth it?

-XCI you move to your microSD, turn the system on, go into the menu, mount and run. You do not need double the space and it is very convenient to delete without deleting the update data and DLC nsp if you have it.
-NSP you need to move to you microSD, turn the system on, install it, delete the nsp, it takes double the space and is IMPOSSIBLE to delete easily if you have DLC and Update NSP involved.

How is that ANYWHERE NEAR better? It takes WAY more time, hard to delete without deleting the updates and NSP AND you need double the space. As far as I see, just pressing one extra button to fix all of these problems (Mount) AND it is far faster is the way to go. Oh... But apparently it adds more steps (Mount) and that makes it not worth it? Pleas elaborate.

But back to the post at hand. I do indeed find it senseless how they give us NSP loading but not XCI. I understand the "They do not have a reason for developing a piracy-intended application" but NSP is just as "Piracy intended" as XCI and equally as "Backup intended" as the former. So where does this "senseless to build piracy-intended applications" come from? I know people actually feel that way because if everyone made jailbreaks for consoles and released them right then and there eventually the developers would lose too much money and stop making games in the first place so a lot of exploits are kept secret until the console becomes obsolete to keep balance and yes, TX does not give a shit about this balance. Which is understandable. Why no XCI loader? Personally I don't know. Maybe they just felt like they made NSP, so why make another if there is already a convenient way to play your games?
Either way, happy I can being hand fed anything. xD

Last edited by Grmmish,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Some of look FURTHER into the BIG PICTURE than you do. Your argument is "Go into another menu, pressing mount then launching it is just adding another step than just pressing launch in the first place." And this is indeed true but do you not fail to realize that to GET THAT TO HAPPEN IN THE FIRST PLACE you need to go through WAY MORE STEPS AND WAY MORE TIME just to have that where the sacrifices hardly make it worth it?
I do realize that, but only once. Not every time I want to launch a different title. And with DZ/tinfoil all I need to do is hit A and the game will get install through FTP.
-XCI you move to your microSD, turn the system on, go into the menu, mount and run. You do not need double the space and it is very convenient to delete without deleting the update data and DLC nsp if you have it.
-NSP you need to move to you microSD, turn the system on, install it, delete the nsp, it takes double the space and is IMPOSSIBLE to delete easily if you have DLC and Update NSP involved.
Same goes for XCI, because updates and DLCs are NSP only, so this gives you more steps when you want to get rid of the game completely.

Now I'll tell you how I do it. Turn on the system. Go to tinfoil -> File Browser / New Games -> install. Easy as that.

Please tell me how is install it once (some installers allow you to delete the NSPs right after you install them) and then launch it right from the menu worse than going through menu each time you want to launch it.
So it does not take way more time but after all is more convenient.

And stop putting words into my mouth. I never said XCI launching or whatever you mean is not worth it. I am just telling you why I think NSPs are more convenient in the long run. If I want to be a real asshole, I can say that "XCIs are useless, because updates and DLCs are NSPs anyways so why even bother with XCI?" But why would I say that?

Last edited by Kubas_inko,
Reactions: Ty_

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

what the heck are you on?
again, installing from pc through usb is a thing, no double space, no copy then install, you just install it right from pc.
and what dlc and update nsp? you just hit + and uninstall the whole thing?

also, there's literally homebrew to remove files from the system if you want. and once someone picks up tinfoil again, it'll likely also get the install + delete option

Reactions: Ty_

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can we please ban this user for being a total knob?

so lets get this straight, you not only want to ruin the gaming industry by not paying for your games, you also want to ruin the team that first found the exploits and made piracy possible on the switch...... because you expect everything handed to you for free.

how about you fuck off, either
a) buy your fucking games at £50 each
b) buy xecuter and pay £45 and have free games
But they weren’t the first to exploit the Switch/make CFW for the Switch.... I’m pretty sure that was ReSwitched

Option “a” because I hate piracy :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Then why is Atmosphere’s emunand not ready yet? It could protect those who are running homebrew-only from bans while allowing them full online functionality on sysnand. I believe this should be high on their priority list.
It’s being worked on, but one of the biggest issues is that they only have about 60kb of ram to work with for the hypervisor

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,

Ty_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How is going to a special menu, each time you want to play a title, more convenient than something right on your homescreen? And how about the extra space xcis take compared to installed NSPs?

Also NSPs load faster, makes a hude difference with something like Dragonball FighterZ

Ty_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
again, installing from pc through usb is a thing, no double space, no copy then install, you just install it right from pc.

also, there's literally homebrew to remove files from the system if you want. and once someone picks up tinfoil again, it'll likely also get the install + delete option

Yep. Tinfoil (DZ) over Wi-Fi is my go-to for installing NSPs, alternatively I'll put them on a USB and install them from that. Either way, At no point do I have store them on my SD card before they're installed.

Grmmish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And stop putting words into my mouth. I never said XCI launching or whatever you mean is not worth it.

Well when you said you would rather do NSP then I sort of assumed you meant it isn't worth it.
Yes it takes way more time. And doing the FTP thing is far more effective so you don't need to use Double the space. But unless you have the game NSP in a different location form the DLC/Update the the senseless Data Management of Switch's System Settings deleted ALL of it, not just one or the other sadly. What I do is download the Update/DLC onto the system memory so I won't NEED to delete it. All of the games, which at some point I will delete (Because change up when new games come around) and not need to do anything else but move the game back to the SD card when I want to play it. Clean and easy AND still have the DLC and Updates without installing anything else. all for one extra button? (Mounting) I appreciate it is cool to have an application you just run but when it comes to me, and the new game is IN MY HANDS but can't play it because I'm waiting for it to move THEN I AM WAITING FOR IT TO INSTALL? Get out of here. It reminds me of back in the old days I would buy a game from the store and I couldn't wait to come home to play a game and I would throw it in so quickly so I could play it. I watch to play it as fast as possible. XD And again, I delete my games a lot. So I like to have the games I want when I want them.
I am unaware of any homebrew that allows you to delete NSPs and Updates individually.

Yeah obviously about the deleting the NSP. You select it to delete when it finishes installing. But if we are talking about PRESSING A BUTTON IS EXTRA STEPS, then this indeed is pressing a button so very valid to bring up. XD
And for the FTP, completely correct. But And installing games FROM A PC IS POSSIBLE? Man if that is the case, no need to move it to the MicroSD when I can have an NSP on my desktop and just press "Install that". That sort of breaks the use for XCI..

And again I was unaware of homebrew that allows you to delete individual items like a certain DLC or Update individually.

Alright you guys got you point across. But I am certainly not on the FTP boat. I would rather throw the device in the computer and move it and throw it back. More physical work but the read/write speed makes a world of difference for me.

EDIT:

I heard about the loading screen thing with XCI but did not bother with it because that's a developer thing not necessarily a hardware thing. (Obvious it's a hardware thing which CAUSES it to be a developer thing but developers can get over that limitation and do a good job restructuring to make the difference similar.... Either way all games are different in this case.)

Last edited by Grmmish,

_DrBecks_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The question should not be „When will there be a XCI-loader?“ … The REAL should be like this: „When will the other CFW support Cartridge-Emulator?“ XCI-File-Format is just another Image-Format, fullname: XeCuterImage

Grmmish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that difference really that big?

It's true the difference is there but it depends on the games. It's always different.

Some games, like Dragon Ball FighterZ may take 15 less seconds.
But then Brawlout literally had an ENTIRE MINUTE of loading for XCI and NSP was about 15 seconds. No joke. Now the Brawlout team really just sucks, just like their game, so I doubt they knew much about senselful organizing, etc to make the game load faster for XCI. But for Dragonball they probably just didn't know XCI would naturally be loaded differently or maybe they did they best to fix it and that was their change. so my point is, it is different on each game.

Grmmish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahm no. It's NX Card Image.

LOL I was saying the same thing. I know it isn't what dude said because XCI is the NATIVE file format for Switch games. Why would Nintendo name their NATIVE FILE FORMAT after Xecuter? Did that WANT to get their Switch hacked? XDDD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr