Question When will a free XCI Backup Loader be released?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by RyuSeisuke1992, Dec 18, 2018.

1. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    No b/c its doesn't require installation plus if you use Emunand then you have nothing to fear. The only flaw Ive encountered is that Checkpoint does not work with saves created from custom xci. So if you want to do any save backups with them I recommend using JKSM.

Last edited by MasterJ360, Feb 11, 2019
  2. TPMJB

TPMJB Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2014
    United States
    Syracuse, New York
    I don't use TX products, so no Emunand.

3. smf

smf GBAtemp Addict

Feb 23, 2009
    yet...

4. TPMJB

TPMJB Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2014
    United States
    Syracuse, New York
    I mean, I was just curious. There's only 7 or so games worth buying, so I have more than half my 128gb free on my SD card. Space isn't really a concern.

5. _______

_______  

May 13, 2016
    Japan
    LOL. If you are not a gamer, why bother buying a Switch to begin with? If you done lots of eShop purchases, 128GB won't serve you long. Lots of AAA titles were ~15GB, and I don't want to redownload them like ever from Nintendo again. 400GB won't even least long if you DO play games like, a lot.

6. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Addict

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    because TX stole it from the community , duh
    everyone knows that the community had it first but TX stole it away

7. MasterJ360

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Umm no xci has always been exclusive to TX.

8. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Addict

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    I'll take sarcasm for 1000 Alex

9. TheZander

TheZander King of the Level 7's

Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    Level 7
    pardon me, but saying this makes it sound like you're a contestant for the game show Jeopardy which you are not currently part of. Have you been a contestant in the past and this was a force of habit response or do you really think that was a accurate comment. How would you even know that person's name was Alex?

10. MasterJ360

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Advice for future sarcasm remarks make sure to add this at the end of your comment (......) we aren't mind readers

11. wurstpistole

wurstpistole Proud TX supporter

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Now, not so rude, Alex

12. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Oh really? What might be the reason for that? If updates/DLCs are added to a base game, the outcoming XCI should still have the title ID of the base game (at least that's what I thought).
    @JRoad @EventAssistant any idea why Checkpoint won't work with custom XCIs?

13. Essasetic

Essasetic Your local TX Fanboy

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    It's because its literally illegal to do so. There will probably NEVER be an XCI Loader for free CFW's. Besides NSPs are serving everyone just fine. I don't get the need for them.

Illuminaticy likes this.
  14. MasterJ360

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    No clue tbh checkpoint just crashes the switch with an error code if I hover over the game icon. But JKSM works fine with them its definitely worth the look at maybe a newer checkpoint to fix this bug.

lordelan likes this.
  15. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    I shared that opinion until it was possible to load XCIs from an external HDD too. Also It's pretty cool to have all-in-one-XCIs (base game + newest update + all DLCs) with this fantastic tool.
    This way you can install all the NSPs to your mSD you would like to play in handheld mode as well while having all your (other) games as those all-in-one-XCIs on an exFAT HDD (mSD exFAT issues are not present on exFAT HDDs) to "discover" them at any time when your Switch is docked. Have to admit that's pretty cool and I wish that feature would come to our beloved free custom firmwares as well as I prefer them over SX OS for many reasons.

Bargy likes this.
  16. josete2k

josete2k GBAtemp Regular

Apr 24, 2009
    Illegal a proper Loader for your legit card dumps?

Well... Before, NSP files were more Illegal as they had to get from NCSP servers...

17. P3T3

P3T3 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Nothing to do with the legality of it, if no one noticed there are clones of tx being realised, look like complete dumps and just changed couloirs of gui. More the people that have cracked it are looking at selling it. This clones will probably be easy to crack and dump so maybe someone who is not looking to profit from it may realise it!

naddel81 likes this.
  18. Essasetic

Essasetic Your local TX Fanboy

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Its the way TX got it working that makes it illegal.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

NSPs don't need illegally stolen software to get working. Just signature patches. Whilst TX stole code from Nintendo's Gamecarts to get the XCI format working.

19. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 16, 2008
    They're the same, we're the same, PIRATES regardlessly

20. JRoad

JRoad GBAtemp Fan

May 18, 2018
    Spain
    Doesn't make sense really since you can delete the xci, install a nsp with the same ID and continue playing. It must only look for games installed or something. No much issue since SX installer exports your saves now.
    I still use one of the older versions of Edizon though for exporting my saves. And you probably can do so with nxmtp too (manually)

lordelan likes this.