1. Agjsdfd

Agjsdfd My title

Just for testing purposes. If i cant finish a game(cause its too hard or watsoever reason), i just leave it...

2. metron

metron GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Only after I beat the game. If the game is to hard for me I deal with it and try to get better. I never use cheats unless the game is beaten, and when I say that I mean beaten by me!

3. Mr.Seiko

Mr.Seiko GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I don't usually have a lot of time to play some games, so if I run into a situation where I have to play a game for hours to collect a certain amount of a certain item, I will sometimes cheat to speed that up.

But in general, I wait until that game is completed normally, then delve into cheats to change the experience, and push the game to it's limits.

4. LordMelkor

LordMelkor Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    i use cheats to avoid games that have a lotta repetition. ie FF games where I enjoy most of the aspects of the game like story etc, but couldnt be damn bothered to sit and waste my life grinding.

5. cupajoe

cupajoe Have a cup of joe!

United States
    When do I usually cheat in DS games? Never.

6. loony747

loony747 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    RPGs, usually EXP multipliers. Nothing too harsh. Usually 2x, maybe 4x if I find the grind too boring.

7. Reaper

Reaper Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂

United States
    I have cheated in every game I played

8. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....
    Former Staff

United States
    About the only time I cheat in games is when I'm completely stuck and need some kind of help to get passed whatever I'm stuck on, then I'll turn the cheats back off.

But if I already beat a game, sometimes I'll go back and have fun with it using the cheats. [​IMG]

9. Toni Plutonij

Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
    Former Staff

Croatia
    So far, I haven't cheated...But my idea is to cheat when I don't have any intentions on playing some game seriously, because I'm not that much into it, so I'd make it more interesting with cheats, and with games that I have already beaten, and I want some more fun.

10. JPH

JPH Banned
    Banned

United States
    Cheats seem to ruin games for me, so I usually never cheat - even if I'm stuck in a game or find the game difficult.

So, for almost every game ever - I never use cheats.

However, cheating in the Grand Theft Auto games make them so much more fun (not necessarily when in Story mode),

11. Canonbeat234

Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

On two occasions, 1) When I'm rushing to beat the game. FFIV is an example where right now I'm at the part where I have to find the dark crystals. I use the item after battle cheat. Items: Adamant Armor, Crystal Ring, Soma Drop, Golden Apples, Atermis Bow, and Crystal Shield. Then I use the Gil Mutiplier cheat until I max it out. I never use the Exp multiplier but I did use the item cheat that maxes out when you go to the inventory.

2) When I want to complete the game in its all entirely; TWEWY which I stopped playing so it doesn't matter.

12. TwilitSky

TwilitSky Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I always want the progress in the games I play to reflect my own effort, so I don't ever think of cheating, even if the game is frustrating. That's the reward of challenge, and it doesn't apply to just games. If everything was handed to you on a platter, you would be spoiled and have no sense of achievement.

Just for fun though, I've used the rapid-fire handgun cheat just for a few minutes in Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (100% complete game, I have the Chaos Ring after several hours of grinding for rare souls [​IMG]), and in Hotel Dusk, I turned on the cheat that allows you to click anywhere on the screen to continue the text, a feature that weirdly isn't part of the normal game; a minor issue that doesn't bother with the greatness of the game.

13. Balrogs.Pain

Balrogs.Pain GBAtemp Fan

i usually will use a cheat when either, A. im stuck and a cheat may help me, or B. a harmless cheat that will just help me out when i want to use it.
    But, i have some conditions on what type of cheat i will use. I will NEVER use a cheat if it permanently change stats (Health, magic, defense, bla bla bla.) The exception to that condition is that if it is for gold or something which i use very often (Mabye like press R to refill rockets, hold select and L for 99999999 gold) and it drains itself, then i will use it, but only if i feel like using it. And i also will not use a cheat if it progresses me further than where i currently am, such as in metroid prime, if it skips me 4 worlds, then i will not use it.

14. Nadz

Nadz Member
    Newcomer

If I want to keep playing but have hit a difficult spot and am about to give up the game, I'll cheat my way past it then turn off the cheats (usually [​IMG] )

15. Shivers

Shivers Member
    Newcomer

Haven't had my flashcart that long yet but I haven't used any cheats yet [​IMG]

16. Goli

Goli RPG

Cote d'Ivoire
    So far I've cheated twice:
    1) Getting a Rainbow Tail in FFIV
    2)Yesterday trying to beat FF XII: RW, I completed the game 100%, but the final fight was too overpowered (lv 99) so I used the 1 hit kill cheat.

17. Lily

Lily One Scary Lady
    Former Staff

Canada
    Generally, I use cheats in every game that I play. Sometimes I won't even play a game if there are no cheats available, because I like to have the option.

What can I say, I'm a dirty cheater. [​IMG]

18. Anakir

Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    I only cheat to unlock all characters and such for games that I never plan to play alone.. like Bleach 2nd, Mario Kart, etc. I only play them when its with friends. Other than that, I don't cheat. Unless its super hard.. or I'm stuck

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - usually, cheat, games