Whats your religion

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
...from rat-sized to gigantic. There would have been no reason to exclude the smaller dinosaurs. There would have been no reason to exclude the larger ones either since God surely would... (snip'd)

Injected, I wouldn't really take this guy's retorts seriously. If he makes simple mistakes like "fitted a lot of food" he probably isn't very intellectual.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
i always laugh whenever i see people debating evidence when it comes to religion.
religion is based on faith, it does not require any actual evidence. its reasoning lies within intuition.

why do people argue that? if you feel any sort of need to go to any length to disprove somebody's religious beliefs, you're either a basement dwelling idiot or kool and edgy teenager. probably both.

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Advi said:
i always laugh whenever i see people debating evidence when it comes to religion.
religion is based on faith, it does not require any actual evidence. its reasoning lies within intuition.

I agree. Religion is man's approach to God, based on faith.

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
injected11 said:
Necron N.N said:
1)It may sound stupid, but it was made by God. Like I said, you had to think some things with faith basis. God instructed him to construt the Arc in a way it would sunk.
2)Again, part with point one. Noah lived like 500-600 years.
3)Somewhere in the thread I said it probably was the world at that time, maybe a continent. I cant say It was like that. I will expand this point below**.
4)People has survived thousand of years without a refrigerator. And the Ark was very very big, so it could have fitted a lot of food.
5)Point one again. God helped to keep the animals quiet (for the unnatural habitat), and they ate just vegetables at that time.

**Speaking with someone one day, I asked him about the point of the animals. There were probably some animals that died too in the flood. Many scientists put one argument to say that this didn't happened: Dinosaurs.
Probably these animals were left out of the arc because of their size. Also, in some parts of the Bible (psalms) there are some descriptions of collosal things, maybe referring to dinosaurs.
Food spoils and goes to waste. Without preservatives or refrigeration (+ all the animals' body heat), it would spoil quite quickly.

Doesn't make much of any sense to me. Any of it. Also why would God give Noah so much direct help when he apparently does nothing to help people or animals today?

Also, not all dinosaurs were huge. They varied from rat-sized to gigantic. There would have been no reason to exclude the smaller dinosaurs. There would have been no reason to exclude the larger ones either since God surely would have been able to come up with a way to fit them on a boat that he created.

And what about salt-water / fresh-water marine life? Wouldn't one type have been wiped out completely as well?
Yep. Recently I was reading the Bible to remember some points.
At that time, humankind wasnt connected to God whatsoever. He intented to wipe it all, but saw Noah (Genesis 6, 5-8). If you read Apocalipsis, something like in this chapter is going to happen in the future.
About the animals, he says to Noah to take from the "clean" (cant remember how it is said in english, but you understand the point) seven couples and from the "not clean" animals, just take a couple. In this selection, these animal are the terrestrial animals. Here most of the big dinosaur could have been left out.

About the marine life, it is not named, so they werent inside the arc. Surely, some kind of fish died of not being in salty/fresh water.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
Dangy said:
Advi said:

or allah, or vishnu, or xenu.

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Advi said:
Dangy said:
Advi said:

or allah, or vishnu, or xenu.

God, as in a higher-being. Most religion's refer to their "higher-being" as God, no matter the name.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
junkerde said:
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBVrPG2qmnI
POWER OF RELigION!

Am I the only one who knew what this was going to be before I clicked it?
happy.gif

Anyways, I'm a Christian, but I'm not really into it, I actually start to feel uncomfortable when it gets to the whole "Jesus" ordeal, even if I want to, it's just weird to me... I like to keep things simple, to me, the Bible translates to; God exists, he had a son, and then he died, and now he's a zombie that knows what everybody's doing
smileipb2.png
. The End.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pyrmon24 said:
Raiser said:
pyrmon24 said:
Noah is said to have lived over 600 years.
I'm sorry, but that is just hilarious.
I know, right?
The Bible cracks me up sometimes.

@ Uncle FEFL, yes it was a Bible debate, not a debate about the actual age of the Earth. That would be stupid.
OK good. Just making sure...

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Necron N.N said:
injected11 said:
Necron N.N said:
1)It may sound stupid, but it was made by God. Like I said, you had to think some things with faith basis. God instructed him to construt the Arc in a way it would sunk.
3)Somewhere in the thread I said it probably was the world at that time, maybe a continent. I cant say It was like that. I will expand this point below**.
4)People has survived thousand of years without a refrigerator. And the Ark was very very big, so it could have fitted a lot of food.
5)Point one again. God helped to keep the animals quiet (for the unnatural habitat), and they ate just vegetables at that time.

**Speaking with someone one day, I asked him about the point of the animals. There were probably some animals that died too in the flood. Many scientists put one argument to say that this didn't happened: Dinosaurs.
Probably these animals were left out of the arc because of their size. Also, in some parts of the Bible (psalms) there are some descriptions of collosal things, maybe referring to dinosaurs.
Food spoils and goes to waste. Without preservatives or refrigeration (+ all the animals' body heat), it would spoil quite quickly.

Doesn't make much of any sense to me. Any of it. Also why would God give Noah so much direct help when he apparently does nothing to help people or animals today?

Also, not all dinosaurs were huge. They varied from rat-sized to gigantic. There would have been no reason to exclude the smaller dinosaurs. There would have been no reason to exclude the larger ones either since God surely would have been able to come up with a way to fit them on a boat that he created.

And what about salt-water / fresh-water marine life? Wouldn't one type have been wiped out completely as well?
At that time, humankind wasnt connected to God whatsoever. He intented to wipe it all, but saw Noah (Genesis 6, 5-8). If you read Apocalipsis, something like in this chapter is going to happen in the future.
About the animals, he says to Noah to take from the "clean" (cant remember how it is said in english, but you understand the point) seven couples and from the "not clean" animals, just take a couple. In this selection, these animal are the terrestrial animals. Here most of the big dinosaur could have been left out.

About the marine life, it is not named, so they werent inside the arc. Surely, some kind of fish died of not being in salty/fresh water.

If we judge it from the text, no animal should have been left out. Look:

"Take with you seven pairs of every kind of clean animal, a male and its mate, and one pair of every kind of unclean animal, a male and its mate, 3 and also seven pairs of every kind of bird, male and female, to keep their various kinds alive throughout the earth."

That means all kinds of animals should have been included, which, in logical terms, is quite impossible provided that a pair of each kind of dinosaur should have been there, even if they were, how you say, "unclean". Even if they were "unclean", all species of terrestrial animals should be there, and in that case, based on the measurements and the fact that he used wood only, the thing would break as soon as a dinosaur steps into there.

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
KingdomBlade said:
Necron N.N said:
injected11 said:
Necron N.N said:

If we judge it from the text, no animal should have been left out. Look:

"Take with you seven pairs of every kind of clean animal, a male and its mate, and one pair of every kind of unclean animal, a male and its mate, 3 and also seven pairs of every kind of bird, male and female, to keep their various kinds alive throughout the earth."

That means all kinds of animals should have been included, which, in logical terms, is quite impossible provided that a pair of each kind of dinosaur should have been there, even if they were, how you say, "unclean". Even if they were "unclean", all species of terrestrial animals should be there, and in that case, based on the measurements and the fact that he used wood only, the thing would break as soon as a dinosaur steps into there.
:/ Translations differ from one language to another. In my bible it doesnt say "their various kinds", but it is implied. So now Im pointless about the dinosaurs (at least, the big ones) Gotta read some parts if I find something.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont think the bible should be taken literally - none of it. even in all my years of catholic school (prek -> 12th grade), no teacher of mine has EVER said the bible should be taken literally. but that still doesn't stop people from doing that ;/

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ProtoKun7 said:
pyrmon24 said:
ProtoKun7 said:
DSGamer64 said:
The story of Noah's Ark is from 600 AD from what I have read, so how is it that this flood which lasted from January of 600 AD until February of 601 AD, did not wipe out these civilizations along with the rest of the planet?
Where is it you heard that? Noah was around closer to the beginning of human history and before Jesus, rather than 600 years afterwards.
It's actually closer to 2300 BC. Hardly the beginning of human history.
I said closer to the beginning, not the beginning.
Either way the Egyptians date back to 5500 BC, and still exist today along with their monuments and their society of worshipping gods and creating mummies existed until the Roman Empire took rule in 35 BC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E