DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Raiser said:
pyrmon24 said:
Noah is said to have lived over 600 years.
I'm sorry, but that is just hilarious.
And just another reason to believe the Bible is a joke and is filled with false tales of people who never existed and a man who is proclaimed to be the saviour or the human race yet no one can actually prove that he did all the things that are claimed in the Bible. I mean, a man turning water into wine (hypocritical because most die hard Christians think drinking is immoral), walking on water (witch craft is also apparently against the Bible) and dying on a cross only to be resurrected is either the work of the Devil or some other source of evil doing according to many religious folks. A man living for 600 years is physically impossible, not to mention the earliest known structures of any kind were primitive at best, building a ship that can hold literally tens of thousands of animals would be humanly impossible from a design point of view as there was neither the technology nor the know how to do so.

I see more evidence that we evolved from primates thousands of years ago then being created by some invisible being.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
Raiser said:
pyrmon24 said:
And just another reason to believe the Bible is a joke and is filled with false tales of people who never existed and a man who is proclaimed to be the saviour or the human race yet no one can actually prove that he did all the things that are claimed in the Bible. I mean, a man turning water into wine (hypocritical because most die hard Christians think drinking is immoral), walking on water (witch craft is also apparently against the Bible) and dying on a cross only to be resurrected is either the work of the Devil or some other source of evil doing according to many religious folks. A man living for 600 years is physically impossible, not to mention the earliest known structures of any kind were primitive at best, building a ship that can hold literally tens of thousands of animals would be humanly impossible from a design point of view as there was neither the technology nor the know how to do so.

I see more evidence that we evolved from primates thousands of years ago then being created by some invisible being.

of course, all that is implying that the bible is meant to be taken 100% literally

not everyone does. like i said, after all the years in catholic school, and knowing many, many different people in multiple denominations, not once have i met someone who took the bible literally (at least irl).

im for neither side in this argument however i do think the bible does have some stories that show good morals that people should live by.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pyrmon24 said:
injected11 said:
Necron N.N said:
injected11 said:
Argentum Vir said:
In fact the only reason everyone wasn't wiped out when God submerged the earth was because of the devout Noah.
I've always wondered about this. How did he get 2 of EVERY creature (from all over the world?) onto a boat, prevent them from killing each other, keep them fed, dispose of the waste, etc by himself? I'm not trying to make jokes, I'm seriously curious as to how this is explained.
I can answer that. But you need to supose some things based on faith.
When God said to Noah to make the arc, he gave him some instructions on how to make it. I can't remember now, but it was very very large and big (it took him like 100 years to make it)
God guided the animals to the arc. The thing is, that the animal didn't need to kill each other, because the only ate vegetals and plants at that point(God allowed to eat flesh to the man after the flood)
About the food, probably Noah and his family gathered the food, plus God's help.
Inside the Arc, there were eight people (Noah, his wife, his three sons and their brides) so they must have done all that stuff, probably it took them all the day to do that, but in that time, it is supposed that the human body could endure more than now.

Oh, and probably some animals died too, but I cannot assure this at this point.
-Even if God told him how to make it, how did he manage to construct a ship that wouldn't sink under world-ending conditions, when modern (ie made with better technology, materials, and tools) boats sink and capsize relatively frequently under non-dangerous conditions?
-How did it take him 100 years to make when the life expectancy would've been significantly less than it is today? (Likely close to 25-35 years)
-How did God 'guide' the non-flying, non-aquatic animals across vast bodies of water?
-How did they not only gather enough food for 2 of every animal on the planet (with distinct dietary needs) for 40 days, but how did none of it go bad without any refrigeration? One elephant alone eats ~650 pounds of food per day, and there would have been 2 of every variety of elephant.
-How did 8 people have the knowledge of each animals specific needs to keep it alive for 40 days, outside of it's habitat, and on an unnatural diet?
And Moses is said to have lived over 1000 years (I'm not joking). However, they say that time is distorted. Alot. Those 1000 were acually much less, somewhere around 100 IIRC.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pyrmon24 said:
Terminator02 said:
i remember reading something about people living a looooot longer before the blood, and there is some scientific evidence to back it up
Except there wasn't a flood.

actually, i do remember reading that there was a great flood, and how it was mentioned in other texts aside from the bible. i could be wrong though

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MFDC12 said:
DSGamer64 said:
Raiser said:
pyrmon24 said:

of course, all that is implying that the bible is meant to be taken 100% literally

not everyone does. like i said, after all the years in catholic school, and knowing many, many different people in multiple denominations, not once have i met someone who took the bible literally (at least irl).

im for neither side in this argument however i do think the bible does have some stories that show good morals that people should live by.

Of course it shouldn't be taken seriously, in fact none of the Bible should be. Some people try to act like everything in the Bible is accurate and true and that we shouldn't make fun of it, yet some of the stories are completely contradictory to what people believe these days.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
MFDC12 said:
pyrmon24 said:
Terminator02 said:
i remember reading something about people living a looooot longer before the blood, and there is some scientific evidence to back it up
Except there wasn't a flood.

actually, i do remember reading that there was a great flood, and how it was mentioned in other texts aside from the bible. i could be wrong though
The was a major local flood a few thousand years ago, the Black Sea flood. That's where the stories come from. Because there never was a global flood in known history.

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pyrmon24 said:
The was a major local flood a few thousand years ago, the Black Sea flood. That's where the stories come from. Because there never was a global flood in known history.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Dangy said:
pyrmon24 said:
The great flood would have happened around 4000 BC. That's part of known history. A flood of such magnitude would have left traces that would be easily seen today. We don't see them. Ergo, there wasn't a global flood. Stop arguing, it's pointless.

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pyrmon24 said:
Dangy said:
pyrmon24 said:
The great flood would have happened around 4000 BC. That's part of known history. A flood of such magnitude would have left traces that would be easily seen today. We don't see them. Ergo, there wasn't a global flood. Stop arguing, it's pointless.

Yet you keep arguing.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Dangy said:
pyrmon24 said:
Dangy said:
pyrmon24 said:

Yet you keep arguing.
Because I'm right and yet the debate continues.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
pyrmon24 said:
So I'm guessing you were alive back then? Such arrogance...

You never know what parts of history might not have been recorded, or which parts were falsified, etc. Assuming you're right just because it makes sense to you is pretty ignorant, and it makes you sound like a complete jackass.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
TDWP FTW said:
pyrmon24 said:
So I'm guessing you were alive back then? Such arrogance...

You never know what parts of history might not have been recorded, or which parts were falsified, etc. Assuming you're right just because it makes sense to you is pretty ignorant, and it makes you sound like a complete jackass.

This isn't about history, it's about paleontology and common sense. A global flood that would have happened in 4000 BC would leave traces all over the globe. Yet there aren't. It's not making sense only for me, it makes sense for a whole lot of people. There simply never was a global flood. Period. In fact, most geologists agree that that would be impossible.

QUOTE(Vulpes Abnocto @ Apr 10 2011, 11:20 PM)
Well this topic actually progressed much further than I expected it to before degenerating into "I'm right about everything!" comments.
Never said I was right about everything. Just that it was fact that a global flood didn't happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: