whats you kind of music?

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
I listen to anything, as long as i like it, i'll listen to it. Regardless of genre etc.etc. Limiting yourself to only (or mostly) one type of music and having huge prejudices against other genres only makes you a narrowminded fool. Like i always say "there's something good in everything". So anyways like i said i listen to anything, from the hardest rock to bloody opera if i like it.

Edit: although most of it's just personall taste
tongue.gif
, still think having prejudices against different genres is very dumb

RebelX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Contrary to many of the adolescent children my age, I like pretty much everything that is old. I like all genres (except for country, I DESPISE country). Stuff like 60s to the 90s, classical and baroque music, and good orchestral compositions of all times. I can't stand some of the modern crap that kids listen to. For example, "50 Cent." He is a big contributor to the massive decline in rap and hip hop that most of us have seen in recent times. Although I was not alive in the times of NWA, Run-DMC, Afrika Bambaataa, and Will Smith, I definitely appreciate the "true rap" that took place years ago.

I like pretty much everything else old. I like many great artists of all kinds; Michael Jackson, Sade, old-school rap artists, Gustav Holst, The Beatles, Black Sabbath, Elton John, Frank Sinatra, Toto, all kinds. It amazes me how much of the realm of musical genius that most kids these days are just missing out on. Kids on my bus think I'm weird for listening to "The Planets" by Gustav Holst.

Now I do like some modern music. Probably my favorite modern artists that have been releasing songs in recent years are the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Their lyrical and musical genius is just unseen in the pop culture that kids have set today.

gblock247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No kidding RebelX. Now I grew up in country West Virginia, so the rock stuff was a given, but I just recently discovered(past two years) how kick ass the Beatles are. Even though it's not a studio album, "Love" is an excellent mash-up of The Beatles material.

elton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, the Beatles are good. Lots of very alternative styles also. Lots to choose from.

Coldplay and Badlydrawnboy are okay, but my favorites are probably Pink Floyd, Yes, ACDC, Kooks, Maroon 5, Bowie and I just love Quintessence. Shows my age doesn't it
cool.gif

RebelX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gblock247 said:
No kidding RebelX. Now I grew up in country West Virginia, so the rock stuff was a given, but I just recently discovered(past two years) how kick ass the Beatles are. Even though it's not a studio album, "Love" is an excellent mash-up of The Beatles material.

It's good to see that someone else shares my feelings about music.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Joshunar said:
hardcore/screamo/metal and everything else that falls under those categories. Kinda like wabsta. Chiodos is my favorite band. Google 'em
chiodos isn't THAT hardcore/screamo/metal
tongue.gif

I would say, emocore
tongue.gif

But I like Chiodos too =D

EDIT: Megawalk, try this:
CODE[youtube]QpAP5RcYicEe[/youtube]

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
wabsta sorry to say but the video had a thing called DragonForce protection.
you are probably going
huh.gif
like now, it seems their video's are protected
ahh well i wouldn't matter with roadrunners tracks hehe they haven't got it

Twiggy12

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Toni Plutonij said:
Punk, I can find everything I need there, I just hate bands that call themselves punk but have nothing to do with it..
I'm talking about old stuff and bunch of new that has been true to the roots..
Other than that I'm really digging Psychobilly, on the other hand, Rockabilly is kinda boring, but that's just me, because music has to be fast and furious to me!! It's just something that drives me..

EXACTLY if it aint fast it aint catchy, unless its good of cause, i like heaps of songs that are fast

QUOTE(Upperleft @ Dec 20 2008, 09:39 PM) Opera
....shut up, it's nice

*snicker* *snicker* hahaha *covers mouth*

silent sniper

!dennaB
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
megawalk said:
Lets see DRAGONFORCE!!!
i am a huge addict
if you dont like this i'll swear to god ooh did i say god i mean allah
i'll kill you then!
two words: SCENE KID

I mean, I love dragonforce, but it isn't a blind love that suddenly appeared out of nowhere *coughguitarherocough*

hence, much better power metal:

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mostly rock, metal and.....whatever you call the kind of techno that is rockish, metalish.

Earl

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
More or less everything but really 'hardcore' metal, imo there is a finite amount of growing a song can have before it starts to become bad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.