Hacking What's this file type?

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've never seen the filetype .dtc before. I have it for Dragon Ball Origins and Elite Beat Agents.

I have the .sav on there, but I don't know what the .dtc is or if I should even delete it.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The .dtc file is for the DSTWO. It's just where the DSTWO saves all of your game options (if you turn on cheats, patched or clean mode, save slot, etc.)...It's even in plain text so if you just opened it you would have found that out.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, dick much?

I never opened any cheats or save slots or anything like that. I don't even know how, I just go to the games and select it, so in other words, I don't know how it got there.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
o.0 You don't have to open anything...it's settings...it's made for every ROM...whenever you run it...you don't need to set anything for default settings...but they are still settings...Rather, it's slightly peculiar how you could have noticed it now of all times...unless you needed to change to see all files rather than the usual default .nds...

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Didn't.

Plugged MicroSD into computer, wanted to add games to it.

Noticed I had:

Elite Beat Agents.nds
Elite Beat Agents.sav
Elite Beat Agents.dtc
Dragon Ball Origins.nds
Dragon Ball Origins.sav
Dragon Ball Origins.dtc

OmegaVesko

Trophies
XP
Country
The DSTwo adds those for every game, it's like a .sav but it tells the DSTwo which options/configs you have on/off for he ROM (yes, even if you didn't change them).

Make a stupid question, you'll get a harsh reply. That's how the Internet works.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
First of all, I don't see how questioning what a file type is that's never been seen before is a stupid question.

Second of all, trying to open an unrecognized file with a text editor isn't exactly the first thing that springs to the average person's mind.

Seriously guys. Heads out of asses please.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: uoiea