Hacking What's the largest NDS game per today?

loathsome

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks a lot for your replies, really helps me out. Looks like 512MB will be enough for a while. I also remember there was some kind of tool you could use to split up GBA-roms (back in the times when I owned one of these, but later got a larger one), so if Nintendo ever goes over 512MB I think somebody will make this tool again. Or I'll just upgrade my whole flash cart.
tongue.gif

Hey, thanks for the answers. My friend has this DS-X and I think it's just awesome. I have read lots of reviews etc, and in Norway, my only option was the DS-X without importing. So I'm completely aware of what I'm doing
smile.gif
Yeah ghettobob; I meant 4Gb (512MB).

brutalboy: Are you playing Zelda on DS-X, and can confirm that it's working 100%?

Again, thanks!

Yes, loathsome, I am playing Zelda on DS-X, and it's working 100% after doing this:

1. Load the JPN ROM with DSlazy, and press "unpack" on DS lazy. // Here the JPN ROM is either 0864 - SimCity or 1103 - Hoshigami.
2. Copy the "arm7.bin" file and paste it i.e. on desktop.
3. Now load the protected (not working) ROM with DSlazy and unpack (same as in Step 1) // Here the protected ROM is either 1158 - Zelda JPN, 1159 - SimCity EUR, 1170 - SimCity USA or 1181 - Hoshigami USA.
4. Copy the "arm7.bin" you got at Step 1 and paste it into the folder where the unpacked protected ROM is, overwritting the "arm7.bin" there.
5. Now click "REPACK" on DSLAZY. // It is assumed you didn't close DSlazy after unpacking the protected ROM (Step 3)
6 it will prompt you to rename it. // A .NDS file named as you choose will be generated. This is the unprotected ROM.
7. then put the unprotected ROM on your card and try to play normally.

And it works!
smile.gif

Many thanks, this will definitely be used
wink.gif

I already used this for sim city a couple days ago. Had a few bugs but nothing serious or anything that'd bother ya.

Anyways, not only has this method been known for a good bit already, but there's even a little package out there that'll do this all automatically for you via a batch file at http://m3.omgrofl.com/. This was probably posted here before (how else would I know about this page?) but let's go again for good measure. It's the one labeled "Arm7 save data fix". Just toss the Sim City (J) rom in the Donor folder and whatever rom you want to recieve the old arm7.bin in the patient folder and it'll sort the rest out for ya.

Care to elaborate on the bugs?

QUOTE(dirtycarrot @ Jul 12 2007, 01:47 PM)
I reckon this is a ploy to get the answer for the QUIZ!

If you're directing that at me, I have no idea what you're talking about
rolleyes.gif

.. no honestly, I don't.

edit; Haha, This thread is now on the front page.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You cannot request commercial roms or warez on these forums.

Can't help ya in french as all my french classes went in one ear and out the other so let's try this in as few steps as possible using ndstool with Bad_Ad's batch file instead of DSLazy.

1) Download and extract http://m3.omgrofl.com/files/patches/arm7_fix.zip
2) Put 0864 Sim City DS (J) rom in donor folder
3) Put the rom you want to play/patch in patient folder
4) Run fix.bat and enter "y" when prompted.
5) fixed.nds will be created. Once the command prompt closes, just rename it and toss it on your card of choice.

smileyw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
somewhat off topic, but I assume that Zelda is in Japanese only? In other words, there is no way to get English text? Now that I can run it, I would like to be able to read it. (Or will I just have to wait until it comes out in English? I know other games like Phoenix wright had English text...

W

loathsome

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You'll have to wait - unless some makes an unofficial translation, but I highly doubt that. You're best of just waiting.

Welcome to the forums
smile.gif

cfk3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
You cannot request commercial roms or warez on these forums.

Can't help ya in french as all my french classes went in one ear and out the other so let's try this in as few steps as possible using ndstool with Bad_Ad's batch file instead of DSLazy.

1) Download and extract http://m3.omgrofl.com/files/patches/arm7_fix.zip
2) Put 0864 Sim City DS (J) rom in donor folder
3) Put the rom you want to play/patch in patient folder
4) Run fix.bat and enter "y" when prompted.
5) fixed.nds will be created. Once the command prompt closes, just rename it and toss it on your card of choice.

Thanks for your help but... Zelda doesn't work again :/.... /_\

EDIT:
Ohw finnaly Zelda works on my DS-X.... Yes ! Thank a lot
biggrin.gif

UofG2000

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Just wanted to confirm this solution works on my DS-x running 1.1.2 , for both games in question. Was able to bypass start screen and make at least one save. Can't wait for Zelda PH in English! Great! Thanks brutalboy!

"I am playing Zelda on DS-X, and it's working 100% after doing this:

1. Load the JPN ROM with DSlazy, and press "unpack" on DS lazy. // Here the JPN ROM is either 0864 - SimCity or 1103 - Hoshigami.
2. Copy the "arm7.bin" file and paste it i.e. on desktop.
3. Now load the protected (not working) ROM with DSlazy and unpack (same as in Step 1) // Here the protected ROM is either 1158 - Zelda JPN, 1159 - SimCity EUR, 1170 - SimCity USA or 1181 - Hoshigami USA.
4. Copy the "arm7.bin" you got at Step 1 and paste it into the folder where the unpacked protected ROM is, overwritting the "arm7.bin" there.
5. Now click "REPACK" on DSLAZY. // It is assumed you didn't close DSlazy after unpacking the protected ROM (Step 3)
6 it will prompt you to rename it. // A .NDS file named as you choose will be generated. This is the unprotected ROM.
7. then put the unprotected ROM on your card and try to play normally.

And it works!"

cfk3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
It's me or... My save of Zelda is delete.... I played multiplayers with my sister, and after i follow the adventure... But my save is delete :S.... Anyone can help me ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Uncensored patch for Barbie games?