OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dupthattroop said:
kiwovo said:
What the hell are u talking about?
im almost 20 and i love pokemon games...
its awesome rpg (one of like 2-3 i actully enjoy).. and it passes time very quickly!
GO HG AND SS!

Hah, I agree, as shown by my large post above. I'm 19 and have been playing Pokemon since I was 8. I see no reason to stop.

Maybe because the game has not had a noteworthey improvement sense the transition to color?

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
You know, I'm totaly not crazy over that shit. I wasn't even trying hard to find it hard yesterday, but it spread so fast yesterday. I'm just gonna calmly wait for the US release and buy it.

Though I think, so what if the art style and the names are for kiddies? There are still plenty of older people who play it, you can't say its a kiddies' game. Its your opinion really. Their opinion may be its a well made and solid rpg, with lots of characters to use. Yes, I personally think pokemanz are like characters in FF, just with less moves. And do small kids go out of their way to train EV and all the like? This more strategic stuff are targeted at the older audience.

Saying you shouldn't play pokemanz when you are over 12 is stupid, you can enjoy it even if you are over 12, so you shouldn't play any games that are rated "E"? Video games are for everyone to enjoy. I enjoyed the cartoonish zelda and dragon quest rocket slime too. I think these games have a more "kiddy" look, but they have awesome gameplay.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
What's the deal with Pokemon? They aren't very monstrous and don't tend to poke things.

No but seriously, I expected an 11 year old version of Jerry Seinfeld making pokeymon jokes.

Also I only play Pokemon ironically, and that's only so I can ironically battle with people online who are also playing it ironically.

BilliePop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm almost 19 and I still play the Pokemon games. I own almost all the DS and GBA titles of the Pokemon games. I've been a fan of Pokemon ever since I was a little kid. I still collect the cards and enjoy the show whenever I catch it. Just because it's generally aimed at children doesn't mean that not everyone is free to enjoy it.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Come on, Pokémon games are among the best RPG's of all time. Sure, there's some flaws in it, but saying Pokémon's bad is just YOU being childish. If you don't like Pokémon, you don't like RPG's and you're trying to be cool (but you're NOT).

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
Overlord Nadrian said:
Come on, Pokémon games are among the best RPG's of all time. Sure, there's some flaws in it, but saying Pokémon's bad is just YOU being childish. If you don't like Pokémon, you don't like RPG's and you're trying to be cool (but you're NOT).
Agreed,

Though if It was called ninja masters 5 and it had ninjas instead of pokemon I'm SURE you guys would love it. Great idea for a rom hack though(*hint).

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah, if Pokémon had let's say Mario or Zelda sprites all of you would play it, just because of the sprites. Or if the newest Pokémon would've been called Pokémon: Call of Duty GBAtemp would be dead by now.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
There's a major flaw in that statement saying Pokemon are among the best Role Playing Games of all time and that is there is a fairly boring story in Pokemon.The best Role Playing Games have great story lines that you still remember years after playing them. Pokemon is just a grind fest and unless you plan on battling online with other people(which most people will) there is nothing to look forward to.Story is the reason people level for hours to beat the next boss to find out what will happen next in the story.There are tons of Role Playing Games that have awful story lines that are still better then Pokemon so making a statement that Pokemon are among the best is not true.Pokemon games only appeal to Pokemon fans where good RPGs will appeal to A LOT of people.

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I see are opinions, not facts
tongue.gif

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Overlord Nadrian said:

FUCK Grandia and Valkyrie Profile, Pokemon is where it's at!

Edit: Tales of Phantasia? More like Tales of Gaytasia, AM I RIGHT?!?

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
on the surface, yes, pokemon is a kiddie game. but the reality is, pokemon appeals to so many people because it encapsulates not only the people who want to rip through the game, but also those who want to use each of the many complex features of the game to full advantage. from memory, the game can easily take from 30-40 hours to complete the game. even after, there is still so much to do. i assure you that the average 12 year knows nothing about EV training. something like this can only be aimed at the more mature audience. heck, i salute developers for recycling the same great formula for all its pokemon games. its what keeps the nintendo handheld afloat really.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
syko5150 said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
There's a major flaw in that statement saying Pokemon are among the best Role Playing Games of all time and that is there is a fairly boring story in Pokemon.The best Role Playing Games have great story lines that you still remember years after playing them. Pokemon is just a grind fest and unless you plan on battling online with other people(which most people will) there is nothing to look forward to.Story is the reason people level for hours to beat the next boss to find out what will happen next in the story.There are tons of Role Playing Games that have awful story lines that are still better then Pokemon so making a statement that Pokemon are among the best is not true.Pokemon games only appeal to Pokemon fans where good RPGs will appeal to A LOT of people.

Now to answer the lines in bold.
1. Most Nintendo games don't have much stories to speak of. It's the replay value, variety and gameplay that people play them for.
2. Great story lines I'll remember? Such as? If you say Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest or any of that I'm not going to reply.
3. Grind fest? Not really, Pokemon is actually fairly easy with the grinding, leaving it completely up to the player.
4. Pokemon isn't played for the story. It's played for the FUN. Why can't really polished games be played for the FUN anymore? Also don't say "Pokemon isn't fun" because the latest games D/P/Platinum sold over 25 million copies combined.
5. Pokemon games only appeal to fans? Sorry, but Pokemon is Nintendo's SECOND most popular franchise, right behind the jumpman (Mario) himself in terms of sales and popularity. Plus, go to metacritic, not a single main stream Pokemon game has gotten a bad review. Plus I think Pokemon is easily the most accessible RPG out there, appeals to younger and older audience.

Whew that took a while.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
syko5150 said:
Overlord Nadrian said:

1. Most Nintendo games don't have much stories to speak of. It's the replay value, variety and gameplay that people play them for.
2. Great story lines I'll remember? Such as? If you say Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest or any of that I'm not going to reply.
3. Grind fest? Not really, Pokemon is actually fairly easy with the grinding, leaving it completely up to the player.
4. Pokemon isn't played for the story. It's played for the FUN. Why can't really polished games be played for the FUN anymore? Also don't say "Pokemon isn't fun" because the latest games D/P/Platinum sold over 25 million copies combined.
5. Pokemon games only appeal to fans? Sorry, but Pokemon is Nintendo's SECOND most popular franchise, right behind the jumpman (Mario) himself in terms of sales and popularity. Plus, go to metacritic, not a single main stream Pokemon game has gotten a bad review. Plus I think Pokemon is easily the most accessible RPG out there, appeals to younger and older audience.

Whew that took a while.
First of all Nintendo games do have stories Legend of Zelda games and even newer Mario games have some form of story but those aren't on topic.Second i don't care if you reply or not but EVERY SINGLE Final Fantasy,Star Ocean and Dragon Quest game in their respective series even the Mario & Luigi,Paper Mario and Super Mario RPG game are 10 times better then any Pokemon game and for the record I'm not one of these oh my god Final Fantasy VII advent children was so awesome now Final Fantasy VII is the greatest game ever type of people.Final Fantasy V,VI and IX are a lot better then VII.I used to play Pokemon when i was like 12-13 which was a decade ago yes it was fun for a month then it got old fast.The whole point of Pokemon is to catch Pokemon and spend hours training them(grinding)regardless if its easy or not so you can battle against NPCs or against friends online etc.The fact that you try to compare sales to a good game is ridiculous.I have like 30 cousins that are 5 years old or younger that don't even know what Pokemon is but forced their parents to buy it and its the same thing with a lot of little kids around the world.Sales don't prove anything other then Nintendo has a good sales pitch and a lot of parents give in to their kids' whining.I mean how good can a game really be if they keep releasing the same game over and over for 10 years they barely change anything and as long as Nintendo keeps selling these same Pokemon games over and over its gonna look the same for another 10 years they figure why change it when it still sells.Ratings on a website aren't much to go by when critics and Pokemon fans vote on it. What do you consider older audience because i don't know anyone older then 16 that plays Pokemon it doesn't appeal to many people over 18.

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
syko5150 said:
8BitWalugi said:
syko5150 said:
Overlord Nadrian said:

Whew that took a while.
First of all Nintendo games do have stories Legend of Zelda games and even newer Mario games have some form of story but those aren't on topic.Second i don't care if you reply or not but EVERY SINGLE Final Fantasy,Star Ocean and Dragon Quest game in their respective series even the Mario & Luigi,Paper Mario and Super Mario RPG game are 10 times better then any Pokemon game and for the record I'm not one of these oh my god Final Fantasy VII advent children was so awesome now Final Fantasy VII is the greatest game ever type of people.Final Fantasy V,VI and IX are a lot better then VII.

If you're unable to name at least 50 RPGs that are better than Pokemon, Pokemon is officially the best RPG ever.

You have one hour.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1.Final Fantasy
2.Final Fantasy II
3.Final Fantasy III
4.Final Fantasy IV
5.Final Fantasy V
6.Final Fantasy VI
7.Final Fantasy VII
8.Final Fantasy VIII
9.Final Fantasy IX
10.Final Fantasy X
11.Final Fantasy XII
12.Dragon Quest
13.Dragon Quest II
14.Dragon Quest III
15.Dragon Quest IV
16.Dragon Quest V
17.Dragon Quest VI
18.Dragon Quest VII
19.Dragon Quest VIII
20.Dragon Quest IX
21.Star Ocean
22.Star Ocean Second Story
23.Star Ocean Till the end of Time
24.Star Ocean The Last Hope
25.Kingdom Hearts
26.Kingdom Hearts II
27.Chrono Trigger
28.Chrono Cross
29.Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars
30.Paper Mario 64
31.Paper Mario Thousand Year Door
32.Super Paper Mario
33.Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga
34.Mario & Luigi Partners In Time
35.Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story
36.Tales of Symphonia
37.Jade Cocoon
38.Lunar Silver Star Story Complete
39.Lunar 2 Etnernal Blue Complete
40.Earth Bound
41.Secret of Evermore
42.Parasite Eve
43.Parasite Eve 2
44.Lufia & the Fortress of Doom
45.Lufia II Rise of the Sinistrals
46.Seiken Densetsu 3
47.Xenogears
48.Suikoden
49.Suikoden II
50.The Legend of Dragoon
There's A Lot more RPGs better then Pokemon but you asked for 50 so yeah...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...