Hacking What's the current state of things for Wii?

blueoakleyz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What menu system version are we at?

Anything else interesting happen after USB loader came out?

What will be needed to play Punchout?

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
we are at hacked system menu 4.0 now we have a bout a million version of usb loader even a cover flow one which si super cool we can install homebrew on 4.0 via bannerbomb now bootmii is about to release we have starpatch(starfall for 4.0) plus we got a fll guake mod on the wii to make it look like halo oh yeah and also we can run backups from the disc channel
about punchout we would need the remote n nunchuck but if ur on 3.2 it would come with an update so have preloader
also one of the best fps is about to release the conduit

Rebound

Trophies
XP
Country
What menu system version are we at?
4.0 is the newest official release by Nintendo

Anything else interesting happen after USB loader came out?
Not really, SD card loading was implemented and heaps of people made different GUI's but thats all

What will be needed to play Punchout?
Nothing special im guessing

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Warm Woolly Sheep said:
If I buy a brand new Wii, what are my hacking options?

A brand new, out-of-the-UPS-truck Wii is likely to have system menu 4.0 installed.
Fortunately, Comex's BannerBomb is a way around this. Be wary of the LU64 serial though. I'm not sure what it really means and all, but there will be bricking if DVDx and stuff like that is installed, I'm sure.

A fairly new Wii is likely to have 3.4-4.0. Again, be wary of the serial.

In all actuality, if you want a 100% homebrew, pirateable, what-not Wii, I would actually reccomend buying used, as is my reccomendations on PSPs.

blueoakleyz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rockstar99 said:
we are at hacked system menu 4.0 now we have a bout a million version of usb loader even a cover flow one which si super cool we can install homebrew on 4.0 via bannerbomb now bootmii is about to release we have starpatch(starfall for 4.0) plus we got a fll guake mod on the wii to make it look like halo oh yeah and also we can run backups from the disc channel
about punchout we would need the remote n nunchuck but if ur on 3.2 it would come with an update so have preloader

Thanks for the info

If I install a newer (mines like 1.0 or 1.1) USB loader do I need to reinstall the games I had or will they be recognized by the new version/new loader?

Is there a good guide to upgrade to 4.0 and keep most everything I had with 3.2?

If you could please tell me what you think I should install as I am on 3.2

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SFenton said:
Fortunately, Comex's BannerBomb is a way around this.

Bannerbomb is out already?
bow.gif

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
blueoakleyz said:
rockstar99 said:

Thanks for the info

If I install a newer (mines like 1.0 or 1.1) USB loader do I need to reinstall the games I had or will they be recognized by the new version/new loader?

Is there a good guide to upgrade to 4.0 and keep most everything I had with 3.2?

If you could please tell me what you think I should install as I am on 3.2
Yes your games will still be there and you can update via waininkoko's 4.0 updater just search the forums and youll find out how im using the hacked 4.0 an it works great

EDIT-I Found a guide for ya http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=143281

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1