Hardware What's the circular speaker thing under the serial number sticker on the Original 3DS?

Joey5802

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember seeing a tiny circular speaker looking thing underneath the serial number sticker on the original 3DS. There may have been two. Was this a speaker? If not, what was it?

Joey5802

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The microphone probably.
The mic was at the bottom of the 3DS, unless there were more mics under the system for some reason?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can you be any more specific?

As far as I know, there are only 2 speakers on the 3ds, located on the top screen.
They were two tiny, circular, silver grilles. Like speaker grilles. Underneath the sticker with the serial number on it. I'd provide a picture but I don't have an O3DS on me.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The mic was at the bottom of the 3DS, unless there were more mics under the system for some reason?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

They were two tiny, circular, silver grilles. Like speaker grilles. Underneath the sticker with the serial number on it. I'd provide a picture but I don't have an O3DS on me.

See if there's any pictures there that points to what you're referring to.
https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Nintendo+3DS+Teardown/5029

Thedge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
its probably just because of how plastic crap is made, usually they have a mold that has a small hole so they can get the plastic into it, kinda a jelly doughnut? that would be my guess, a lot of other products i have has similar things and use serial code stickers or w/e to cover them up. also it might be a way to trick people into thinking there are screws under the sticker, so if people try to open it it voids their warranty or some shit, thats what i would assume anyways. they dont serve any purpose

Last edited by Thedge,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated