What's the challenge with the XCI loader?

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by Khar00f, Oct 8, 2018.

1. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    Tinfoil / Lithium v2.20

It can install XCI.. So it allow me to install xci since I am on the latest version of atmosphere ?

2. wurstpistole

wurstpistole I got 8 warning points

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Completely different question. This thread is about mounting and playing xci, not installing it.

3. Absintu

Absintu GBAtemp Regular

Feb 2, 2018
    Portugal
    There has been a xci loader since the beginning of this scene

4. wurstpistole

wurstpistole I got 8 warning points

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    God why does gbatemp attract so many dense people
    Of course there has been, but not for other cfw than SX. Which this thread is about. Which probably everyone but you understood
    Please stop raping this dead horse

P3T3 and Garou like this.
  5. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    It’s like asking the same question? why did the 3DS scene never get rom loading other than Gateway? Because it takes mega money to invest into it to get those results which the average dev cannot afford the collateral towards it for the development and also lots and lots of hard time & effort as well so no atmosphere will be exactly the same it will never happen!

Last edited by Reecey, Aug 14, 2019 at 1:28 PM
  6. Sora Takihawa

Sora Takihawa Planeptunes Male CPU

Oct 11, 2015
    Germany
    Planeptune
    and the xecuter xci loader uses Nintendos code its illegal thats why devs dont do that.

xci and nsp are both illegal but unlike xecuters xci loader the other nsp installers like tinfoil...lithium and so on dont use nintendo code

Last edited by Sora Takihawa, Aug 14, 2019 at 1:46 PM
  7. KhenemetHeru

KhenemetHeru Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2015
    United States
    New Britain, CT
    So then the better question is can the xci loader kip from SX OS be extracted, such that it can be run by Atmosphere?

Hell, create yet another fake online identity to release it under if you feel you must, but the high horse argument is rather stale.