Hacking What's the best approach for me to play ROMs now?

raibot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, I've been out of the 3DS loop since last December. I have quite a few things prepared but never really had time to dig deeper. But now I finally have time since school is over so I'm looking for advice on what's the best way(s) so that I can start playing ROMs on my 3DS.

Things I have:
New 3DS (Japanese) on 9.2 (Sysnand)
.3ds game files ready to be loaded
Gateway RED + BLUE cards

Things I don't have:
Emunand
Zelda OOT card
Cubic Ninja card
Custom Firmware (Not sure if this is better or Gateway? Looking for a guide of some sort)

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, I've been out of the 3DS loop since last December. I have quite a few things prepared but never really had time to dig deeper. But now I finally have time since school is over so I'm looking for advice on what's the best way(s) so that I can start playing ROMs on my 3DS.

Things I have:
New 3DS (Japanese) on 9.2 (Sysnand)
.3ds game files ready to be loaded
Gateway RED + BLUE cards

Things I don't have:
Emunand
Zelda OOT card
Cubic Ninja card
Custom Firmware (Not sure if this is better or Gateway? Looking for a guide of some sort)
Cold boot rxTools using homemenuhax http://gbatemp.net/threads/rxtools-...rom-browserhax-homemenuhax-to-rxtools.398420/ but if you want to stick with your gateway card you can use homemenuhax > mini pasta > cubic ninja CIA in sysnand > Gateway mode or do both and go wild.

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Either rxTools or Gateway, it depends on your preference. Gateway has .3DS ROM support so you don't have to wait for slow .CIA installs or convert .3DS to .CIA, but rxTools can autoboot on power on with menuhax.

Reactions: raibot

raibot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't need the immense number of features rxTools offers, you could always go for CakesFW or Reinand too.

Just wondering, for any of those CFWs, is it a requirement that I need a Cubic Ninja or Zelda: OOT game card? Or could I just work with what I already have at the moment?

Japanese game cards for those 2 seem to cost quite a bit, so I'm hoping for the least expensive alternative.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Reactions: daxtsu and raibot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system