Hacking What's taking M3 Sakura so long? (Poll)

Vote for your opinion on most-likely delay reason.

• M3 Team is really one 12-year-old hacker, and he went to summer camp.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M3 Team has spent all our money on trip to Tokyo, Pocky and Kirin.

• M3 Team had opinion "incompatible" with the Chinese government, was jailed and beaten unti

• M3 Team is only one guy, and he's just REALLY BUSY.

• M3 Team has "Olympic Fever", and won't get anything done until September.

• A suffusion of yellow.

• Ninjas.

• Aliens.

• Alien Ninjas.

• Shadow Government.

• Total voters

DarkRey

still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
it should be coming soon..
latest m3 firmware was 3.9a X and by looking at that X i think this might be the last firmware
biggrin.gif

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
my guess is they are taking it easy with m3sakura, slowly fixing all problems, because we already have a working version of m3sakura.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
laugh.gif
at choices.
I vote for "M3 Team has "Olympic Fever", and won't get anything done until September."

powerpuff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I thought I'd provide just a little comic relief...
wink.gif

I'm a little worried, I picked M3 over Supercard this time, but the Supercard team has a MUCH better track record for actually updating the software... not to mention having a working web site from which to download said software.

Roman_42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I still don't understand why the old, ugly and unresponsive M3real firmware gets updates to fix soft-reset problems for "My Male Baby" while Sakura still isn't homebrew compatible or available in English language. The people from this board here needed 2 days to translate it in English and hack it to make it work on English M3reals and M3's other 2 current firmwares (itouch and m3real) are (almost) perfectly homebrew compatible already. So what's the problem?

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Roman_42 said:
I still don't understand why the old, ugly and unresponsive M3real firmware gets updates to fix soft-reset problems for "My Male Baby" while Sakura still isn't homebrew compatible or available in English language. The people from this board here needed 2 days to translate it in English and hack it to make it work on English M3reals and M3's other 2 current firmwares (itouch and m3real) are (almost) perfectly homebrew compatible already. So what's the problem?

Translating is easier than making.

My guess is they're trying to make it the best it can be before its released...or they're at the olympics cheering the athletes on...

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
powerpuff said:
Well, I thought I'd provide just a little comic relief...
wink.gif

I'm a little worried, I picked M3 over Supercard this time, but the Supercard team has a MUCH better track record for actually updating the software... not to mention having a working web site from which to download said software.

We've still been getting the updates, just that it's for the original firmware fixing games.
And there's a site that always works for firmware: http://handheldsources.com

multoque

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really haven't minded the delay at all, because as others have said, I do have a working version right now. What I do mind is the complete lack of meaningful updates from the team, leaving us to speculate about what (if anything) they're doing to get an official English Sakura out to us. The fact that they've evidently stopped communicating at all through the usual channels on this board is mildly disconcerting.....

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to think that Sakura is being re-written from scratch. After all, it's been months from its initial "coming soon" announcements in the stock firmware loading screens to its actual release.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
AXYPB said:
I'd like to think that Sakura is being re-written from scratch. After all, it's been months from its initial "coming soon" announcements in the stock firmware loading screens to its actual release.
Not likely..It's been made out very well, and Moonlight never re-did his work..It is possible, however, that some changes are being made..
Also, newer batches of M3 Real, with the Sakura logo, shows that they haven't abandoned the new firmware, the main problem is that they left us in dark..
This way, with the release, if it's drastically updated (new features, or some changes from Japan release). they'll make another "impact" and cause a new hype about it..And they'll probably make up on those delays (they always somehow manage to do that)..

But if they simply translate Sakura, and release Official version that is actually the same we're using for months now..that would be really shame, and that would be failed move!!

Unless they give us some announcements, we really can't know what to expect.......and that's actually starting to be bad after all this time....

Perseid

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Other possibilities include:

Ninjas stole the source code.
Aliens abducted the lead programmer.
China no longer exists and all Olympics coverage are faked by the One World Government.
Mario dropped a hammer on 'em.

Reconnin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I"m happy with the Hacked version I've got. As long as it still work with everthing I use it for and wait til the offical release!
yaynds.gif

Archimdae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I don't see why everyone is so obsessed with the firmware, it'll get here when it gets here. If your spending so much more time in it instead of games, why the heck did you get a DS? :0)

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkRey said:
it should be coming soon..
latest m3 firmware was 3.9a X and by looking at that X i think this might be the last firmware
biggrin.gif
that X has always been there
check any firmware info (by clicking the question mark in the main menu top right hand corner) there will always be an X

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: what are you currently playing?