Gaming whats so good about pokemon diamond/pearl

lblk32

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arent they exactly same as all the other pokemon games like silver gold red blue green and all that other stuff.

Fieryshadowz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im getting it because...
1. wifi
2. decent game that can get me to play for a couple hrs...

thats all i can think of o.O

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
me and bothers (5 of them) all raise benches and do Pokedex and battle and just try and 100% complete game!
biggrin.gif
backed up emerald save for "cloning" technique (trade, upload save, trade, etc...) really want Leaf Green for more pokedex

2wirends

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hm.. exactly! haha. its exactly the same, which is why we buy it!

Pokemon - battle (we like)

8 gyms to fight... elite 4 - with NEW pokemon!...

must have something to do with our affinity to the same thing... kind of like sitcoms.. and episodes... :/

reilina

just a neophyte...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
arent they exactly same as all the other pokemon games like silver gold red blue green and all that other stuff.

basically yes,but you know nintendo is known for maintaining its game's charm & apeal (like zelda and mario).
same thing goes for this game.

larvi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I liek mudkips too.
wub.gif
While the story mode hasn't changed much over the years, for those who battle competively, the strategic depth and internal mechanics have changed significantly. They started with 151 pokemon and now have over 500, have added new moves, hold items, natures, abilities, type combinations, etc. You pretty much have to start from scratch with each generation and figure out new strategies. They also added features such as berries, secret bases, contests, battle frontier that give you lots of stuff to do after you beat the main story line. So while its familiar enough that you can pick up and play it immediately, it can take many many months to truly master it.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just hope they ditched the idiotic map designs of Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. The games were great, but it got really annoying to spend forever just trying to figure out how to get to the next place to go. It's kind of like a dungeon, except the whole game was like that and it eventually caused me to quit playing.

If D/P turn out to be mazes the way that R/S/E were, I'm going to be pretty angry.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not so bad; there's actually a map. R/S/E had a map as well, but it didn't really help navigate the more complicated areas, it just said where they were.

Besides, is the entire game like that, or is it just certain areas?

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if it's a dungeon then I don't mind anyway. I just didn't like that the world map on R/S/E was maze-like itself; I think it's good when the mazes are reserved for dungeons.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much, not tried the J version of the DS one but I doubt its that different. Theres minor differences but its the same game basically. Thing is some people dont care about this, they're just happy having new Pokemon, story and world to explore so good for them really.

One difference is that the GBC games are a lot better.
nyanya.gif
The GBA ones seem to be a step down from Gold/Silver/Crystal, although they have a better resolution and colour they're just feel like they're lacking something from the previous titles, and the animations have gone.

Anyway I'm sure the new DS game will please fans but I doubt anyone who isnt into it (and have ACTUALLY played it) will be into it.

I'm open to the new game, but I kinda hope that it gets a proper revision in the future like Zelda 1 to Zelda - Link to the Past.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-