Whats next...how do I get to EmuNAND 11?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by sarcoptic, Aug 25, 2016.

1. sarcoptic
    OP

sarcoptic Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2006
    United States
    So I jumped in with my 3ds and followed the latest guide. I got LumaCFW all running with my SysNAND being 9.2. Now how do I go about getting an emuNAND setup for 11? Booting into my SysNAND and doing a system update seems fatal and I don't want to lose where I am at. I have FBI and Homebrew all working fine. Just ready to emuNAND 11. Thanks!

2. Temarile

Temarile (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

Jan 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    Did you get a9lh or not?
    If not, you should go to your Emunand and use system settings to update your Emunand to 11.0. Make sure it's your Emunand!!
    If you have a9lh, you can just update your sysnand to 11.0 because a9lh protects your CFW ect ect.

3. sarcoptic
    OP

sarcoptic Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2006
    United States
    Yeah I have a9lh all going at least I think. What is the best way to verify that is indeed working? I do have HourGlass9 and Luma configuration loading from dead power off. Sorry all seems to easy as most videos I have seen shows 3ds going back and forth between an emu and sysnand. So if a9lh is indeed good then I just update my sysnand and never worry about a emunand?

4. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Addict

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    As long as you are running Luma, then you can safely update your SysNAND. Luma blocks writes to FIRM0 and FIRM1, which means your A9LH will be kept when you update.

You don't really need an emuNAND anymore. I ditched mine ages ago.

sarcoptic likes this.
  5. LinkSoraZelda

LinkSoraZelda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    Land of the Rising Orange
    a9lh doesn't, the payload after it does. If you're new to 3DS hacking and are not using Luma, updating will likely brick or uninstall a9lh.

6. sarcoptic
    OP

sarcoptic Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2006
    United States
    This was the answer I was l looking for. I do have a9lh going with lumacfw (all following the latest 3 part guide). Thanks for the quick help!

7. sl33p

sl33p GBAtemp Regular

Dec 7, 2008
    United States
    Hold Y while powering on? If you end up at EmuNAND9 config menu, you have A9LH. If you followed Plaicet's guide to completion, you also have A9LH. Ifyou boot to your CFW without seeing lots of flashing colors at boot, you also probably have A9LH.

8. sarcoptic
    OP

sarcoptic Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2006
    United States
    Yep followed Plaicet's guide to a T and I don't have random color at all booting. Already pressed the button to update so here is hoping heh.

9. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Just verify although I'm guessing you do! There is nothing fatal at all especially if you keep a spare backup

10. sarcoptic
    OP

sarcoptic Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2006
    United States
    Upgraded to 11 and good to go. Thanks again everyone!

11. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    No problem man!

12. LinkSoraZelda

LinkSoraZelda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    Land of the Rising Orange
    Welp, that's something you don't hear everyday.
    Good that you got it set up.

13. sarcoptic
    OP

sarcoptic Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2006
    United States
    Just shows you how far 3ds hacking has come :)