Hacking What's most likely going to happen

IncredibleWhanG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
i doubt they will be any more updates..well maybe one more once they stop selling it etc any hacks released by then will be patched obv they will probabily patch userland also so i guess people might end up sitting on 5.6.0 with a kernel exploit and no user land accsess

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another upper hand is that our IOSU exploit will work on yet another firmware if they patch 1 kernel exploit

Just trying to understand stuff here: because they only patched one of the two kernel exploits, you'd be able to use the other one to into IOSU behind their backs after the update dropped?

MrRean

WiiU Helper / Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOSU? I thought it was PPC Kernel, or do you have both?
I was just talking in general; sorry :P
one of them exists that we know of, and if we release 1/2 kernel exploits, that kernel exploit will be patched in an update, but the IOSU bug will still be there

Just trying to understand stuff here: because they only patched one of the two kernel exploits, you'd be able to use the other one to into IOSU behind their backs after the update dropped?
that's the general idea, yeah, since IOSU exploits are more wanted

Reactions: Supster131

Dylon99

Lord of Dank
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was just talking in general; sorry[emoji14]one of them exists that we know of, and if we release 1/2 kernel exploits, that kernel exploit will be patched in an update, but the IOSU bug will still be there
So after that you could go to IOSU using the Kernel Exploit via userspace, if thats what im understanding.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion, patience is prudence in this situation. It takes the brain of a five year old to understand why the exploit isn't released. If they release it now, it gets patched, which means no more online play, which means worrying about buying consoles on the right firmware, and an long and arduous game of cat and mouse with Nintendo. Or you can wait until we have another exploit and be one step ahead of Nintendo at any given point in time. And unless you're a legitimate capable developer, there's no reason to argue for the first scenario.

Last edited by endoverend,

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just talking in general; sorry :P
one of them exists that we know of, and if we release 1/2 kernel exploits, that kernel exploit will be patched in an update, but the IOSU bug will still be there
Thanks for clarifying! What are the odds of Nintendo actually patching it or taking a while to patch it?
I know a lot of people (myself included) keep on comparing the Wii U with the 3DS. Nintendo has yet to patch the exploit for the 3DS, it still works on the latest firmware, and Nintendo supposedly still cares about the 3DS. If they aren't patching the exploit for the 3DS, what are the odds they patch the exploit for the Wii U?

MrRean

WiiU Helper / Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for clarifying! What are the odds of Nintendo actually patching it or taking a while to patch it?
I know a lot of people (myself included) keep on comparing the Wii U with the 3DS. Nintendo has yet to patch the exploit for the 3DS, it still works on the latest firmware, and Nintendo supposedly still cares about the 3DS. If they aren't patching the exploit for the 3DS, what are the odds they patch the exploit for the Wii U?
I can't quite answer that, but it costs quite a bit to release an update (and have it approved)...but I still don't know what their mindset is.

So there are already 2 exploits that give kernel access? Because IOSU = kernel aswell. So why is there no release with 2 exploits that will get the elite haxors there precious kernel, or did Hykem not share with mn1 and others?
MN1 has enough information to duplicate it, yeah

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
In my opinion, patience is prudence in this situation. It takes the brain of a five year old to understand why the exploit isn't released. If they release it now, it gets patched, which means no more eonline play, which means worrying about buying consoles on the right firmware, and an long and arduous game of cat and mouse with Nintendo. Or you can wait until we have another exploit and be one step ahead of Nintendo at any given point in time. And unless you're a legitimate capable developer, there's no reason to argue for the first scenario.
You mean what we already have right now...

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well technically, yeah, but the choice to release the exploit was made after it was patched. There was no point in withholding a patched exploit. This situation is different.

At the very least, we now know where it stands and that it's a matter of waiting till an alt kernel exploit is created, a contingency plan if you will.

Reactions: endoverend

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well technically, yeah, but the choice to release the exploit was made after it was patched. There was no point in withholding a patched exploit. This situation is different.
I know, but that was you should have given that argument the first time instead of saying that the shit we are in right now will return (which it will but only after ninty fixes it so we do get a short period (at least) of blissful hacking happiness).

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
So how far away is the second exploit from being completed? Surely the first could be released a few weeks before the second is finished and it would still have the same outcome?
It often hard to predict if an exploit is going to work, but I do agree that if they know they have an entrypoint that they know they can exploit they should already release

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ARM is the key, on boot up 0x01000000 arm loads with no restriction , all protection is off, it can access to ppc mem. Cold, boot.
So where's the release XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🚽 [flush] [walks in without washing my hands] Hi guys 👋 :)