What's Dragon Ball Z?

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
shlong said:
It's Dragon Ball, but with Goku grown up, married to Chi Chi, has a son, and can go Super Saiyan.

I never saw Dragon Ball either
sad.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Dragon Ball Z is very slow compared to Dragon Ball. They tried to make an entire episode out of one chapter each time, so... pretty much in each episode there's 5 minutes of them doing nothing but staring at each other.

Hell, people make jokes about how slow it is, like it'd take somebody from the DBZ world three hours to change a lightbulb.

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dragon Ball is a Japanese manga started in 1984 and continued until 1995.

In 1986 the anime version of Dragon Ball started along with Dragon Ball Z.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dragon ball is about a Kid who fell from space (he's an alien, called a saiyan, though similar to a human, but with a monkeys tail, super strength, and the ability to transform into a giant ape during a full moon). He's raised by and old man who finds him in the forest, but dies, and leaves to him a Dragon Ball, which if collected all seven of them, and grant a single wish. He goes out and fights bad guys.

Dragon Ball Z is him grown up, he fights moar bad guys. The end.

It's more interesting than I made it sound, so you should watch it. They can be pretty funny, too.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Dragon Ball Z is very slow compared to Dragon Ball. They tried to make an entire episode out of one chapter each time, so... pretty much in each episode there's 5 minutes of them doing nothing but staring at each other.

Hell, people make jokes about how slow it is, like it'd take somebody from the DBZ world three hours to change a lightbulb.
I read that these filler moments were edited out in Dragon Ball Z Kai or they added a new scene in replace of it as like you said sometime its a whole 5 mins of them doing nothing.
Hopefully that would help it from dragging so much.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you ever plan to start watching it, I really recommend you watch Dragonball Kai instead of Dragonball Z. It basically tells you the same story like in Dragonball Z, but in only 100 episodes instead of 290 (!). So a lot less filler, no more grunting for a whole episode while they are powering up. It just goes a lot faster. Not to mention it's available in 1080p.

It doesn't tell the Dragonball saga though, so it starts with Goku (the main character) as an adult and with a kid.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Juanmatron said:
Canonbeat234 said:
I do remember seeing Dragon Ball Evolution, it was an awesome movie. Is the movie like the anime at all?

The fuck. DB: Evolution is a real big insult for Dragon Ball fans.

Why? So you telling me that movie isn't anything like the anime?

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Canonbeat234 said:
Juanmatron said:
Canonbeat234 said:
I do remember seeing Dragon Ball Evolution, it was an awesome movie. Is the movie like the anime at all?

The fuck. DB: Evolution is a real big insult for Dragon Ball fans.

Why? So you telling me that movie isn't anything like the anime?
Like most cartoon to live action movies, they don't seem to do the originals much justice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto