QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was chowing down on my supper of homemade fried chicken tonight after a couple of hours on the forums and I got to wondering, what you guys ate for dinner?

Not just what you ate, but how you ate and with who?

I normally eat in a room with some of my many siblings and make misc. small talk, or by myself in the room I share with my sisters--so I'm often not alone.
I eat a lot of home cooked food, like potatoes, rice, beans, veggies and meat/fish/chicken. I guess I eat the foods typical of a southern American--deep friend and barbecued foods, roasted, buttery veggies and anything that can be deep fried. But I also eat some Middle-Eastern dishes, like couscous, lamb and goat, and fish made in methods typical of those areas. There are nights when I eat stuff out of boxes--like Pasta Roni or--one of my favorites--Shrimp Ramen. Being Muslim I cant eat any pork or 99% of the meats sold in the stores because of religious standards and regulations but I can still eat various meats, just not out the stores and restaurants.

So, discuss:
What do you eat typically?
What do you like to eat?
Where do you eat?
Who do you eat with?
Is there anything you dont eat?
Oh, and who cooks your food?

My sister and I do alot of the cooking around here, but my mom also cooks too. My brothers, bless their little hearts, cant cook to save their lives--or ours for that matter
tongue.gif

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am the cook in the house. I cook/eat/like to eat many diff things.
Main thing I enjoy eating is grilled/steamed vegis and roasted garlic.

I dont eat raw anything because im extremely paranoid about it. I usually eat with my family.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Haha, deja vu. Great minds think alike, eh?

At any rate, lets see, I'm not really a picky eater. I'm willing to try just anything at least once. I like to expand my horizons, why just stick with the every day norm when there is a plethora of foods to titillate the taste buds? Normally I would eat anything I have available at home or growing around my housse. I tend to grow some seasonal fruits and vegetables to use in my cooking. When I have the chance, I made and try something new, perhaps a new dish I just heard about or saw on TV for example. I always find it amazing how foods differ between different cultures from around the world.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think monkey meat is good :]
wait. lemme try
*takes a bite outta herself*
yup. nice and chewy. mm. needs more salt and hot sauce though

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
distorted.frequency said:
tinymonkeyt said:
cannibalism!
im cooking
and GBAtempers is on the menu tonight!
who wants some fried BoneMonkey?
:]
I do! Wait...is he edible?

What you never sucked marrow out of bones before? Its the best part! Bones make an excellent stock as well and oh, did you know gelatin like jello are made from bones and well, sometimes horse hooves? Yay for proteins!

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, Narin would you get out of my head--give me back my thoughts!
laugh.gif

Seriously, which topic should be locked.

As for thinking about food, I had a long tough day and I was really hungry at dinner time but my mind was still surfing the cyberwaves of the interwebs.
blush.gif
sorry, about the repeat topics guys. I'd meant to make mine right after dinner, but real life beckoned and I had to do a few personal/business emails also.

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gizmo_gal said:
Wow, Narin would you get out of my head--give me back my thoughts!
laugh.gif

Seriously, which topic should be locked.

As for thinking about food, I had a long tough day and I was really hungry at dinner time but my mind was still surfing the cyberwaves of the interwebs.
blush.gif
sorry, about the repeat topics guys. I'd meant to make mine right after dinner, but real life beckoned and I had to do a few personal/business emails also.
Neither should be locked, this is for testing the other is for gen off topic. Also eww narin.

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
a cup of hot and spicy ramen, best ramen ever, and only 35 cents per cup.

I normally eat junk food and ramen
I eat everywhere except the bathroom, basement and attic.
my self or around parents
theres a lot of things I don't eat
I cook my own ramen
happy.gif

PizzaPasta

Son of p1ngpong
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gizmo_gal said:
I was chowing down on my supper of homemade fried chicken tonight...

That sounds really good. Tonight, I'm making myself some BLTs and corn and my new cat will be dining on processed fish and lamb guts.

I typically eat a lot of noodles or rice but I also like burgers and pizza.
When I eat out I like to get sushi, vietnamese food, Burger King, Adriatico's Pizza or Chipotle. I'll eat just about anything at home but lately I've really been into cold soba noodles with dried benito and sesame seeds on top.
I usually eat with my girlfriend.
I hate saifun or glass noodles (the ones that are made from mung beans)!
Either me or my girlfriend will cook, we try to switch it up to keep it fair.

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are good lookin.

BEER BRAWTS!!!

Here's what you need...

6 Beer Brawt's (they come in a 6 pack )
4 12oz Beers (I like to use Heineken or Foster's)
1/2 White Onion sliced and peeled (optional )
1/4 cup Worcestershire
2 tblsp Garlic Powder

Place all the ingredients, except the brawts, into a large pot. Bring it to a boil, then place the brawt's in, cover, and turn the heat down to a simmer. Let this simmer for about 30 minutes stirring occasionally.

While that is simmering start up your grille and fill a spray bottle with water. Spray your cat. At least once, becuase odds have it your cat has it coming. If not, your wife probably does. Blast her.

When they are finished boiling they should be almost white in color, that is when you throw them on the grille to finish them off. The spray bottle is for those flare ups of fire that come when you grill brawt's. Once they are on the grille it should take anywhere from ten to 20 minutes to be cooked properly. Also make sure you rotate them every few minutes to keep the outside from burning.

I like mine a little crispy on the outside but that is up to you.

Taken from http://www.rustyseabutter.com/Website/reci...-robsbrats.html
I enjoy it very much. Dont use fosters though. Not good enough to drink, not good enough to cook with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1