Is there anything more disgusting than when people eat with their mouths open?

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone has pet peeves. Some have auditory triggers or misophonia (I have all three).

There is NOTHING. As in NO THING on this planet that I find more disgusting, revolting and repulsive, than when someone eats with their mouth wide open, chomping on everything that can be chomped, crunching everything that can be crunched, smacking their lips and sucking their teeth on every bite.

This drives me out of the room. I literally CANNOT be in the same room as someone else who is eating chips/crisps, or smacking their lips or tongue or mouth when they are eating. It seriously sets me off to almost a panic attack, where I have to either escape, or destroy the sound. I've almost come to blows with old friends over this. And I am not sorry for wanting to literally punch anyone in the face who is smacking in my fucking ear when they are eating.

What other behaviors do people exhibit that cause you to go into a rage?

Reactions: Lostbhoy

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Last edited by JuanMena,

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Selfishness, entitlism, lack of manners, the general populous of the planet, truck drivers who try and overtake other trucks at 50mph when the other trucks are clearly doing 60mph and when they finally get past and move in.... They start going 70mph...

Sorry wandered off there.... people who put milk in before the tea. These people need round up and beaten with reeds.

Reactions: WalterSlovotsky

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone has pet peeves. Some have auditory triggers or misophonia (I have all three).

There is NOTHING. As in NO THING on this planet that I find more disgusting, revolting and repulsive, than when someone eats with their mouth wide open, chomping on everything that can be chomped, crunching everything that can be crunched, smacking their lips and sucking their teeth on every bite.

This drives me out of the room. I literally CANNOT be in the same room as someone else who is eating chips/crisps, or smacking their lips or tongue or mouth when they are eating. It seriously sets me off to almost a panic attack, where I have to either escape, or destroy the sound. I've almost come to blows with old friends over this. And I am not sorry for wanting to literally punch anyone in the face who is smacking in my fucking ear when they are eating.

You must have a hard time around kids lol.

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must have a hard time around kids lol.
Luckily, the only kids I am ever around are family members, and my brother and his wife have raised them properly.

My mom took a different approach. I was like six years old, smacking my foot, and she took her plate, sat right next to me, and smacked in my ear very loudly for the entire meal, and would not let me cover my ears or get up until my plate was clean.

Since that day, I cannot abide loud chewing or smacking. It definitely worked. Might have slightly scarred me for life, but I keep my mouth shut when I eat.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[talks with my mouth full of Rice Krispies Cereal] What do you mean OP? [some of it falls out of my mouth] oops

Anyway, KARENS is my answer.
1689869936136.png

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Is there anything more disgusting than when people eat with their mouths open?"

Personally I would rather put up with that than someone pooping on my face

But to each their own

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ll be honest and say that when most people do anything with their mouths open I find it disgusting.

Yawning? Nasty. Eating? Gross. Poking your tongue out while thinking? Eww.

But talking is probably the worst. I mean 90% of the fecal matter that comes out of people’s mouth when they talk is exactly that: shit. It’s utterly disgusting how fake people are.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

One thing, when people eat with their mouth open and food drops out of their mouth.
Other than that, I guess not much.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The switch was about 350 in 2017