What would you pay for that device ?

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If there was a handheld console that allows you to play N64, PS1,PS2,GC and possible wii games as well as older console games, what would you pay for it ?

Add: Just a question there is nothing like that in development as far as I know

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Off-Topic: Well wouldn't that make emulations non-existent? The PS3 did the same thing but realize it was encouraging piracy. So Sony stop the open source with the PS3.

On-Topic: No. For starters, the console better run those games without any frame-drops.

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd pay $400 as things sit right now. That's about the cost of the most expensive ipod touch. It was common for UMPCs to run $500 so yeah I'd go $400 for prefect emu of those comsoles

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds nice and all but unless it has its own good exclusive titles i'd stick with the original consoles and probably wouldn't pay more than like $100

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would the handheld play Wii games? Would you plug a nunchuck in and swing the console like the Wiimote? Would you sync a Wiimote and nunchuck to it and set the console down like a mini-TV?

People kept flinging Wiimotes....... wouldn't the console get flung even easier if it was the Wiimote?

As for a handheld that could emulate say up to the PS2, I'm not sure. Given how light the later PS2 models were, is it needed? The slim PS2 is lighter than some tablets. Definitely lighter than a few of the books I sometimes have in my backpack....even a couple of games, a controller, and a set of cables is lighter.

Probably no more than 300, and at that price point, it likely won't happen for quite a long time.....probably longer than it'll take Sony to rework a PS2 game or two for the Vita, or whatever they put out after it.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3oplew.jpg

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How would the handheld play Wii games? Would you plug a nunchuck in and swing the console like the Wiimote? Would you sync a Wiimote and nunchuck to it and set the console down like a mini-TV?

People kept flinging Wiimotes....... wouldn't the console get flung even easier if it was the Wiimote?

As for a handheld that could emulate say up to the PS2, I'm not sure. Given how light the later PS2 models were, is it needed? The slim PS2 is lighter than some tablets. Definitely lighter than a few of the books I sometimes have in my backpack....even a couple of games, a controller, and a set of cables is lighter.

Probably no more than 300, and at that price point, it likely won't happen for quite a long time.....probably longer than it'll take Sony to rework a PS2 game or two for the Vita, or whatever they put out after it.

Actually I have not thought about it. I just looked at some FPGAs and thought it may be possible to make a handheld console for emulation only and than I thought about what the people would pay for it if it ever got build.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That device is my laptop and I paid $ 700 for it.

But then for older games up to the Wii ( but excluded PSX and PS2) nothing would beat a $99 Wii hooked up with an old school CRT TV !
Really, in this department, the Wii fares better then most PCs or tablets, the quality and authenticity of the picture on a CRT TV ( as they were meant to be played ) has no rivals.
And it can play natively GC and Wii games at 100% speed with 100% compatibility ;) !

So I'd settle for a $99 Wii ( if I didn't have it already ) and a $35 CRT TV , = $134 :yaywii:

Reactions: DaggerV

ekko25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wii and Gamecube on a handheld would be nice, but I'd pay a ridiculous amount for a handheld that plays PS2 games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1