Emulation Gaming GUI launcher?

Thenastyb0y

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
are there any launchers that simulate the GUI of the console you're emulating?

like, if you started the PS1&2, xbox, or gamecube with no disc in, there was the saves and settings and once you put a game in, it would show up and you select it to start - is there something kinda like retroarch but with themes that make it look like the xbox/PS2/wii/etc.?

ive got a good feeling im not the first one to have this idea lol so im guessing if there IS something like what im talking about it'll be locked behind someone patreon or something - it doesnt seem like it would be simple to actually make lol

Yodakiller3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Various Nintendo ones here:

Gameboy line
There are plenty of Gameboy and Gameboy Color ones that boot from a bios file you have (Just the basic thing lol). You can press L+R on the menu to have the menu pause for loading stuff too. I have used the "My Boy!" and "My Old Boy!" apps for both of these

Gamecube and Wii
Dolphin has the gamecube menu. It let's you browse the "memory card", change time, and just about everything else. I think you can get the funny boot up screens too!

NDS

There's a few DS emulators with the home screen emulated, but last I checked there is only one with the DSi homescreen. I booted the DS screen on Drastic IIRC, and the DSi menu was booted on No$gba

NES, SNES, N64

I believe these are all possible, even the 64DD

3DS, Wii U

These are both possible but look very buggy, and a little funny

Switch

Not possible IIRC. The Mii maker applet bots though so HORRAY

There's other consoles you can do it to like the Dreamcast I believe. Emulation has come so far that we can even emulate a tiger electronic LMAO.

Also, heres another cool thing! Ever used the Citra mobile app? The buttons are images, and you can replace them with just about anything to your wanting. I believe you can with drastic too, correct me if I'm wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +2