What would you do if you could change your DNA?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Technically you can change your DNA, or the expression of it. Look up epigenetics

Anyway this is probably the subject of one of my favourite red dwarf episodes (S04E02 if you have better methods).

Anyway do I get to play with clones, what sort of understanding do I have of genetics when making this, can't I just have a robot body instead? If I have got clones can I have a shared consciousness? Can I solve ageing/sort my telomeres?

"Can only survive with my favorite food, ecc ecc."
How would that work? I guess you could radically redefine your biology to do without things such a food might not provide (you would usually meet the idea when discussing the essential amino acids), or go one step further and produce it from raw chemicals. However that would probably be a fairly radical change.

But yeah live forever, be immortal (or near immortal -- not sure how twiddling my DNA might see me survive the end of the earth), have better capacity to process information (memory included in that), have better senses and so on.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Three little boys find themselves at a playground one day.
A genie appears and says this is a magic wishing slide, as you slide say out loud what you wish for and your wish will be granted

The first boy goes down the slide
"unlimited sweets!"
Upon reaching the bottom a small bag is found, in it an endless amount of sweets are found.
The second boy goes down the slide
"all the games"
Upon reaching the bottom the boy finds a top spec laptop that magically stays up with current technology
The third boy goes down the slide
"weee"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-