Homebrew Question What will be the latest Emulator working on Switch?

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
3DS doesn't run that well on PC, why would it run better on the Switch?
Doesn't run that well doesn't mean impossible. Plus, Citra isn't perfected yet like Dolphin which is why it doesn't run well. I'm sure that after Citra is fully optimized we'll be able to run 3DS games no problem on PC and probably the Switch.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't run that well doesn't mean impossible. Plus, Citra isn't perfected yet like Dolphin which is why it doesn't run well. I'm sure that after Citra is fully optimized we'll be able to run 3DS games no problem on PC and probably the Switch.

You seem to forget Citra was written with x86 in mind, Switch is ARM, it's not something that can magically work on a completely different architecture. And Dolphin took years, and 3DS has two screens, so yeah, good luck waiting years for one.

Reactions: StarTrekVoyager

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You seem to forget Citra was written with x86 in mind, Switch is ARM, it's not something that can magically work on a completely different architecture. And Dolphin took years, and 3DS has two screens, so yeah, good luck waiting years for one.
I'm pretty sure they could still port it for the Switch. The two screens doesn't matter, sure it will look bad but that doesn't mean it won't work.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That means absolutely nothing. Optimization.

And porting code from x86-64 to ARM, and many games still suffer major graphical and audio issues. Porting an x86 emulator to ARM isn't simple, either, so....yeah. Man, people act as though programming emulators adapted to different CPU architectures was done with magic.

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And porting code from x86-64 to ARM, and many games still suffer major graphical and audio issues. Porting an x86 emulator to ARM isn't simple, either, so....yeah. Man, people act as though programming emulators adapted to different CPU architectures was done with magic.

Maybe porting a x86 emulator to ARM isn't simple, but building a ARM emulator for a ARM console, for the Switch with a ARM processor its more simple.

Bernhard

Psycho
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Citra needs as many resources as CemU to be ran, while my craptop already runs GC games at 60fps. I tried Citra, verdict, less than 10fps.

Lol here it goes again...
RAM has nearly nothing to do with gaming experience...
only with multitasking ;) should mean that if u re running a game... ... and you play it.... ... even with switch ram ... .. and the ram is expended.... ... the game still runs :O magic isnt it?.
hmmmm sooo the switch cant handel most of the multitasking things like oppening new apps.... ... you ve to close each app in order to open a new one... sooo pls be better informed before you talk about hardware ... it hurts to read that...

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only with multitasking ;) should mean that if u re running a game... ... and you play it.... ... even with switch ram ... .. and the ram is expended.... ... the game still runs :O magic isnt it?.
hmmmm sooo the switch cant handel most of the multitasking things like oppening new apps.... ... you ve to close each app in order to open a new one... sooo pls be better informed before you talk about hardware ... it hurts to read that...
it hurted to read this

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What does your unreadable post have to do with mine?

Akshuls

Comic sans
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States

What.

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
I feel like you may have reached a point somewhere, if your post was properly readable.

Bernhard

Psycho
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

its so funny how people react if someone writes like he wouldnt ve any mind.^^

i ve tested this now and you people are totally right ^^ this was hard to read and this was hard to write too :gba: i agree ^^
here s the problem... ... there was too much alcohol and my brother (who wrote this unreadableshit) has drunken too much and now he wrote such nonsense never leave kids alone with alcohol :teach:, i wanted to test this how people react to some one who has lost his mind.

so sry @StarTrekVoyager you are right i ve got the same probleme with my crapdog :P nice to know someone who has the same problemes ^^ !

so hyrule needs me :D see ya :switch:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I feel like you may have reached a point somewhere, if your post was properly readable.

he wanted to tell ya all that RAM is not needed in order to get gaming power the probleme is that he wrote it totaly wrong and in the wrong thread ^^ thats why i ve had to come back to this and solve the problemes he has taken my laptop and people who know who i am ,know that i dont write like this before! ^^
i am sorry for the confusion!
and i thought it would be stupid if i delete my post/my brothers post, so you all know that my brother is a scumpab :')

Last edited by Bernhard,

DutchyDutch

COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Get Wii U out of your heads. It's not going to happen. Perhaps a game like Shovel Knight at 1 fps. But that has no use.

This is what I'm expecting:

N64: Yes but experimental (some visual glitches)
PS1: Yes
GCN: Yes
PS2: Yes but I feel like no one is going to develop it
Wii: Yes but not all games
Wii U: No
GBA: Of course
DS: Yes, very easily even (Most hyped for this one, we can play so much games with it)
3DS: While possible, there isn't even a 100% stable 3DS emulator on PC. The Switch has similar architecture though, so again, possible.

BTW, Dual screens are reachable on Switch. Just put two screens next to each other. It's not that hard.

Last edited by DutchyDutch,
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Get Wii U out of your heads. It's not going to happen. Perhaps a game like Shovel Knight at 1 fps. But that has no use.

This is what I'm expecting:

N64: Yes but experimental (some visual glitches)
PS1: Yes
GCN: Yes
PS2: Yes but I feel like no one is going to develop it
Wii: Yes but not all games
Wii U: No
GBA: Of course
DS: Yes, very easily even (Most hyped for this one, we can play so much games with it)
3DS: While possible, there isn't even a 100% stable 3DS emulator on PC. The Switch has similar architecture though, so again, possible.

BTW, Dual screens are reachable on Switch. Just put two screens next to each other. It's not that hard.
Tho, remember there is no functional homebrew DS or N64 emulator on the Wii U. Emulators will have to be made from scratch.

DutchyDutch

COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tho, remember there is no functional homebrew DS or N64 emulator on the Wii U. Emulators will have to be made from scratch.
Yeah, but I don't think it would've been of use anyways, since I don't think porting from PowerPC to ARM would be easy. Maybe porting Android console emulators would work better?

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
3DS isn't out of the realm of possibility, neither is DS. Game Boy Advance and DS is more likely due to the fact that the Switch does indeed have an ARM7 inside of its SoC. 3DS is more likely but not guaranteed due to sharing the ARM architecture between the Switch, but not physically having the same chips itself. Wii U will never happen, Wii is uncertain unless there is a USB sensor bar released by Nintendo, GameCube is possible, but barely. Nintendo can optimise their emulators better than any third party anyway, so it isn't outside the realm of possibility.

Anything below that is also possible.

Last edited by Halvorsen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Both of mine are i5's lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon