Mines of Titan
Prophecy: The Fall of Trinadon
Circuit's Edge

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too many to list, but my favorite non shooter (as it's easy to toss out DOOM, Wolf3d, Duke3D, Rise of the Triad, etc) would be the talkie CD version of Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (which I still own with the box and the couple manual sheets too believe it or not!)

Beyond that the older Apogee stuff like Commander Keen and Duke Nukem 1 and 2 were great. Epic before being graphics whores did wonderful work with Silverball(pinball) along with the Epic Pinball table packages. I remember having fun with a space top down adventure/trading game called Solar Winds. Wing Commander 1 and 2 w/all those addons, same with Xwing and Tie Fighter and their packs were unbeatable in quality for the genre too. M1 Abrams Tank simulator was like early polygons but fairly accurate and bad ass stuff too. A good bit of the arcade/nes ported stuff was fun to mess with like Gauntlet 2 or Simpsons the Arcade Game.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Damn...how could I have forgotten monkey island? I remember exchanging all sorts of hints and things to classmates.

Played monkey island 2 on windows, but never got THAT much into it.

Also: the incredible machine. I even remember playing it on a monochrome color monitor at some point (though not at home).

...and now I think of it: I think I played heretic about as much as doom. Hexen as well, but that was in the windows-era.

Perhaps I should mention duke nukem 1 and 2 as well, but to be honest...they weren't that much fun. Especially the first was basically commander keen with a different look.

DDJM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
IMHO nothing beats Death Rally. Best Game Ever. Period.
smile.gif
And recently Remedy released a version for Windows (no DOSBOX required) and also a very good remake for iPhone (but the original is still better).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=316EzjrLhHo

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Steel Panthers was technically originally dos. It has long since been beaten into Windows using, although the code does suffer a bit from it's origins.

Man I would just kill to have the game PROPERLY re released back to the market as a proper Windows game, and not just one where the code has been beaten on till it cooperated mostly.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
I was Commodore 64 and Amiga when PC's were still DOS although I did love playing Knights Of Legend on my friends PC and of course there was X-Wing and Tie-Fighter.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
My favourite (well, only) games were (I was only ~5 years old):

Lemmings
Hexxagon
Blockout
Pipe Dream
The Incredible Machine

There was also this other game which I think was called 'Spider' in which you controlled a spider from a bird's eye view and you had to get him to the end of a maze by pushing blocks. (Black with a green cross couldn't move, light grey could be moved etc.). Can anyone remember / find this?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As much of a retro gamer I am, I'm ashamed, but I have to admit that I've only played a few, and I mean very few, so:

Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
Ultima I-V

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo