Hacking What type of brick is this??

tHciNc

Total Random
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Ive just encountered someone with this error today . 4.1e with homebrew channel, no modchip, ios249v14, updated to 4.2 through sys update, connect to wifi and now, whenever he boots up the wii, he gets this error: "unauthorized device detected". (He is not even able to get to the main menu). Any ideas

lll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That sounds awfully like a standard Error 003 brick to me, which means it's a Korean Wii that has had its region changed. That results in a brick when you upgrade to 4.2.

I don't think there's any known fix once it's bricked.

tHciNc

Total Random
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
No, no region change no modchip, bought here in NZ at jb-hifi new, updated to 4.0 when it came out using the standard ways, it had hbc and ios249rev14, i onsold it 6 months ago, got an email saying that their son updated it as it asked and then connected through wifi apparently, now it wont boot to anything and he wants a refund. I got the other wii here that was bought same day same time, its got 4.2e on it just without the updated boot2

thchang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol
someone sold u korean wii and region changed to fool you it is european wii
error003 is hard to fix
basically u are game over

lll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Someone could've pulled a returns switcheroo.

Buy a new one, put the old one in the new box, return it for your money back...but the next person to buy it gets screwed.

Edit: What are the letters at the beginning of the serial number at least? If they're LKM, it's a Korean Wii. I think a NZ Wii will have the same prefix as an Aussie Wii, LAH.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...