What to do? o.O

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by razielleonhart, Feb 25, 2015.

  1. razielleonhart
    OP

    razielleonhart RazzyDee

    Member
    320
    99
    May 21, 2008
    i bought a jap Zelda N3ds and it will be here in the morning and also picked up a red one and i am going to swap the boards and the US board is at 9.0x. I dont know if i should update the N3ds to 9.5x or leave it and just have my stock system as my regular XL. I have the gateway, DSTwo, and a few of DS and 3Ds games. I do own 2 XL's one stock and one at 4.x dual boot
     
  2. Haloman800

    Haloman800 a real gril

    Member
    1,730
    514
    Dec 18, 2009
    United States
    What firmware is the Zelda 3DS currently on? You have zero to gain by updating.

    If I were you, I would leave the Zelda 3DS alone until the Gateway supports the N3DS, then switch from your original XL to the N3DS XL as your main console.
     
  3. razielleonhart
    OP

    razielleonhart RazzyDee

    Member
    320
    99
    May 21, 2008
    Gold Link Between Worlds - 9.5x - Stock with my Nintendo ID and Games
    N3ds Majora's Mask - 9.0x - getting in the morning
    Pokemon X/Y Blue - 4.4x - I use my gateway
     
  4. Haloman800

    Haloman800 a real gril

    Member
    1,730
    514
    Dec 18, 2009
    United States
    Do NOT update the Majoras Mask 3DS. Good Lord. It's so rare and expensive, updating it would significantly take away from it's value.
     
  5. razielleonhart
    OP

    razielleonhart RazzyDee

    Member
    320
    99
    May 21, 2008
    thats for the advice i think i will hold off updating it and keep it at 9.0x for the hopes of the gateway. at lease i have games and my DSTwo to play on it
     
  6. mrGREEK360

    mrGREEK360 GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    107
    71
    Sep 3, 2014
    Canada
    Don't update it, if the DSTWO+ is released before gateway update just pick up a DSTWO+ and enjoy. I also have the Majoras mask new 3ds xl 9.0u and own a 3ds 9.2u and my 3DS XL 4.5U. I am waiting for the gateway update till my money comes in at the end of the month then hopefully DSTWO+ preorders/orders will be up. It will reduce its value, the lower the firmware the better as more flash carts can be used and who knows what hacks people will find in the future.
     
  7. mech

    mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

    Member
    4,776
    3,044
    Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    Is this how cart company's work now, sell carts before they work on promises them delay the software release.. You can buy another brand of cart in the mean time. Wouldn't surprise me if they are all owned by the same Company and this is a business plan to sell more carts.
     
  8. gamesquest1

    gamesquest1 Nabnut

    Member
    14,135
    9,478
    Sep 23, 2013
    Dstwo+ has not mentioned anything at all regarding n3ds compatibility, so it would be just as dumb to instantly pre-order one of them given that they are most likely just copying the gateway exploits, so you would probably still end up waiting on gateway anyway :P

    Moral of the story, stop buying stuff until it does what you want and is actually released and in people's hands :rolleyes:
     
    mech and tony_2018 like this.
  9. tony_2018

    tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

    Member
    3,106
    1,050
    Jan 3, 2014
    United States

    Probably manufactured by the same company. Team wise, I've heard before that certain members of one team were working with another. I think this was the ps2/ps3 era, can't remember where I read that.
     
  10. razielleonhart
    OP

    razielleonhart RazzyDee

    Member
    320
    99
    May 21, 2008
    after a motherboard swap my N3DSLL Majora's Mask is at 9.0.0-20U and i am sticking there and waiting for the gateway to get the update out.