Hacking What to do? o.O

razielleonhart

RazzyDee
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i bought a jap Zelda N3ds and it will be here in the morning and also picked up a red one and i am going to swap the boards and the US board is at 9.0x. I dont know if i should update the N3ds to 9.5x or leave it and just have my stock system as my regular XL. I have the gateway, DSTwo, and a few of DS and 3Ds games. I do own 2 XL's one stock and one at 4.x dual boot

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What firmware is the Zelda 3DS currently on? You have zero to gain by updating.

If I were you, I would leave the Zelda 3DS alone until the Gateway supports the N3DS, then switch from your original XL to the N3DS XL as your main console.

razielleonhart

RazzyDee
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What firmware is the Zelda 3DS currently on? You have zero to gain by updating.

If I were you, I would leave the Zelda 3DS alone until the Gateway supports the N3DS, then switch from your original XL to the N3DS XL as your main console.

Gold Link Between Worlds - 9.5x - Stock with my Nintendo ID and Games
N3ds Majora's Mask - 9.0x - getting in the morning
Pokemon X/Y Blue - 4.4x - I use my gateway

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gold Link Between Worlds - 9.5x - Stock with my Nintendo ID and Games
N3ds Majora's Mask - 9.0x - getting in the morning
Pokemon X/Y Blue - 4.4x - I use my gateway

Do NOT update the Majoras Mask 3DS. Good Lord. It's so rare and expensive, updating it would significantly take away from it's value.

razielleonhart

RazzyDee
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Do NOT update the Majoras Mask 3DS. Good Lord. It's so rare and expensive, updating it would significantly take away from it's value.

thats for the advice i think i will hold off updating it and keep it at 9.0x for the hopes of the gateway. at lease i have games and my DSTwo to play on it

mrGREEK360

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't update it, if the DSTWO+ is released before gateway update just pick up a DSTWO+ and enjoy. I also have the Majoras mask new 3ds xl 9.0u and own a 3ds 9.2u and my 3DS XL 4.5U. I am waiting for the gateway update till my money comes in at the end of the month then hopefully DSTWO+ preorders/orders will be up. It will reduce its value, the lower the firmware the better as more flash carts can be used and who knows what hacks people will find in the future.

D

Deleted-355425

Is this how cart company's work now, sell carts before they work on promises them delay the software release.. You can buy another brand of cart in the mean time. Wouldn't surprise me if they are all owned by the same Company and this is a business plan to sell more carts.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Dstwo+ has not mentioned anything at all regarding n3ds compatibility, so it would be just as dumb to instantly pre-order one of them given that they are most likely just copying the gateway exploits, so you would probably still end up waiting on gateway anyway :P

Moral of the story, stop buying stuff until it does what you want and is actually released and in people's hands :rolleyes:

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this how cart company's work now, sell carts before they work on promises them delay the software release.. You can buy another brand of cart in the mean time. Wouldn't surprise me if they are all owned by the same Company and this is a business plan to sell more carts.

Probably manufactured by the same company. Team wise, I've heard before that certain members of one team were working with another. I think this was the ps2/ps3 era, can't remember where I read that.

razielleonhart

RazzyDee
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
after a motherboard swap my N3DSLL Majora's Mask is at 9.0.0-20U and i am sticking there and waiting for the gateway to get the update out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    what are you currently playing?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    Just started God of War 2 on the PS2
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    why we saying hello again for?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, cuz you both werent here
    +1
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    oh btw, did you know that the teenage mutant ninja turtles is having an r rated live action movie?
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I did not know that
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but it would make sense
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    just look it up
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    from the perspective that the original audience that saw it as kids are now grown adults
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I heard the original comic books were as dark as that
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it's called the last ronin
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    while that was a kid-friendly endeavor, this new take will adapt the story Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin. The outlet notes that this new iteration is being written by “Tyler Burton Smith, who co-wrote the upcoming R-rated action movie Boy Kills World and who wrote the 2019 iteration of Chucky horror franchise Child’s Play.”
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    The film, titled ‘The Last Ronin,’ will be targeted at adults and promises a high-body count tale
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I grew up with the 2012 show
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    so yeah, they're will be lots of kills
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    so kinda like how they went r rated in the Loan movie for wolverine
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    and remember that time when someone had the idea to make scooby doo r rated?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    where shaggy is a stoner and a pothead?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    that's a true story
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, the first scooby doo live action film?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it's cancelled and not in the works anymore
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they kinda implied it, and joked about it in the cartoon attorney harvey birdman
    S @ salazarcosplay: they kinda implied it, and joked about it in the cartoon attorney harvey birdman