Hacking What to do before sending a9lh 2ds with broken screen to nintendo for repair?

FTRBND

Waifu
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Idk just a little clarification, I don't care whether I lose a9lh or not, I can downgrade using the dsiware method and my other 3ds again.
What I need to know is how to make sure they don't know it was hacked, what should I do to remove a9lh.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
We all agree that they will update, it's just by what means. If they use recovery mode or the 2DS firmware to update she is good. If they flash a nand via another hardware or replace the motherboard then yeah it will be un-hacked.

The way I see it:
If you do nothing, 100% you will end up on 11.1 un-hacked.
If you at least go this route, then there is a 50/50 chance you may get back a A9LH console on 11.1 SysNAND.
I'd say they flash the NAND. It seems more efficient tbh.

Also, @axewfious , the 2DS is pretty easy to disassemble, even more so due to the single display. I've done so several times to switch displays from one of my 2DS's to the other.

I'd recommend you to try and find a 2DS display and just assemble it yourself, especially if your 2DS is no longer under warranty.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Idk just a little clarification, I don't care whether I lose a9lh or not, I can downgrade using the dsiware method and my other 3ds again.
What I need to know is how to make sure they don't know it was hacked, what should I do to remove a9lh.
It doesn't matter. If they find A9LH, they'll most likely just remove it completely, and be done with it.

FTRBND

Waifu
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I'd say they flash the NAND. It seems more efficient tbh.

Also, @axewfious , the 2DS is pretty easy to disassemble, even more so due to the single display. I've done so several times to switch displays from one of my 2DS's to the other.

I'd recommend you to try and find a 2DS display and just assemble it yourself, especially if your 2DS is no longer under warranty.

It doesn't matter. If they find A9LH, they'll most likely just remove it completely, and be done with it.
It'll cost more for me to do it myself, timewise and moneywise. It is under warranty, which is why the price went from 75 to 40.
Also,
I know back in the Wii days, they'd just send the console back if they found any kind of modification, so be prepared for that. I'd imagine that's the worst case scenario really.

wsquan171

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I'm surprised that the new sdless method can boot a9 payload from ctrnand. Can anyone send me a link?

I guess for OP the best bet is to install a CFW as minimum as possible which does firm protection but doesn't require a SD to run. That way will minimize the possibility that Nintendo notices console being hacked.

BTW, I believe updating without firm protection will cause a brick rather than removing a9lh. The proper way to remove a9lh is to restore a nand backup or to uninstall using AW's installer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
It'll cost more for me to do it myself, timewise and moneywise. It is under warranty, which is why the price went from 75 to 40.
Also,
I'm pretty sure other users here sent their 3DS's to get fixed to Ninty and they did take it.

Not to mention displays are not that expensive either.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm surprised that the new sdless method can boot a9 payload from ctrnand. Can anyone send me a link?

I guess for OP the best bet is to install a CFW as minimum as possible which does firm protection but doesn't require a SD to run. That way will minimize the possibility that Nintendo notices console being hacked.

BTW, I believe updating without firm protection will cause a brick rather than removing a9lh. The proper way to remove a9lh is to restore a nand backup or to uninstall using AW's installer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not necessarily. The o3DS/2DS will boot, the n3DS will brick.

Then simply reflash a NAND backup using decrypr9 with the force option. This will remove a9lh
Or just use SafeA9LHInstaller.

@axewfious if you do remove A9LH by restoring a backup, you can later restore a backup ( made while having A9LH) using DSiWareHax, as opposed to having to go back to 2.1 for it. However, you have to make sure it is the same console, and the same motherboard. Or you'll brick.

FTRBND

Waifu
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Then simply reflash a NAND backup using decrypr9 with the force option. This will remove a9lh
n4RtXhB.jpg

what IS decrypt9? :))))

Last edited by FTRBND,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh shit boi could you pls<3
Do you have a backup WITH A9LH installed? If you do, keep it safe.

Also, you can just use SafeA9LHInstaller to remove A9LH easily afaik. It'll be way easier than using D9.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No worries!

This will work with this version of the payload: https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases/tag/20160919

I would suggest re-naming the payload b_decrypt9wip so that you are guaranteed to start at the main menu top option (just in case you hold on to a or down a little too long).

Key:
Down -> Down -> A -> A -> Down -> Down -> Down -> A -> Right -> Down -> Left -> Down -> A -> A

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
No worries!

This will work with this version of the payload: https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases/tag/20160919

I would suggest re-naming the payload b_decrypt9wip so that you are guaranteed to start at the main menu top option (just in case you hold on to a or down a little too long).

Key:
Down -> Down -> A -> A -> Down -> Down -> Down -> A -> Right -> Down -> Left -> Down -> A -> A
Why not just use SafeA9LHInstaller? It'd be much easier and faster.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not just use SafeA9LHInstaller? It'd be much easier and faster.

Haven't used that payload, but yeah if you have then give her the key combo to start the option.

BTW, did you hit your boyfriend over the head with that 2DS or what? LOL :)

Last edited by el_gonz87,

FTRBND

Waifu
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
No worries!

Key:
Is it possible for D9 to choose other .bins in the files9 folder such as those that don't start with NAND? i got my aeskeydb

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Haven't used that payload, but yeah if you have then give her the key combo to start the option.

It's much, much simpler, and faster. I don't remember out of the top of my head, but I read you press START.

Is it possible for D9 to choose other .bins in the files9 folder such as those that don't start with NAND? i got my aeskeydb
No, don't worry, it'll only select the NAND backup.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't think so, it seems to be pretty good about selecting the right ones, but to be safe just have the nand.bin and nand.bin.sha

Or if @gnmmarechal gives you the key combination, use safea9lhinstaller payload to do the job

It's much, much simpler, and faster. I don't remember out of the top of my head, but I read you press START.

No, don't worry, it'll only select the NAND backup.

I don't have it out of fear lol!

FTRBND

Waifu
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis

Since when can a9lhsafeinstaller remove a9lh wtf
nah it died while playing fe:f and i haven't saved in almost an hour

FTRBND

Waifu
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
No worries!

Key:
Just started the restore process
do you remember how much time it usually takes to restore?

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just started the restore process
do you remember how much time it usually takes to restore?

To be safe give it 30 mins, then you should be able to press the following:

First press b
Then hold left and press start

If the console turns off, then you are good to go.

that poor soul that was beating you at FeF ;)! :ph34r:'d

Last edited by el_gonz87,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: we are fucked