Hacking What to Backup and How to do it?

Count

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello everyone!

Im soon getting a new wii, but before modding too much i would like to backup the Wii to be able to restore it to its original state if something goes wrong.

What should i backup? (NAND,keys etc)

How to back them up? (Is Bootmii the only thing required??)

I dont know if this console have the patched boot1 or not yet. But assuming that it has the patched version, what will brick my console that wouldn't break the ones with the unpatched boot1?

Tell me if something is unclear and i will rewrite the specific text.

Thanks in advance!

Count

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

I have read about ModMii but didnt read anywhere that it makes NAND backups etc. Since ModMii seem to include quite some "mods" I wouldn't want to install that first if I wasn't sure that it made backup of the NAND and so forth.

Just to make things clear ModMii automatically backups the required information from my Wii system? (Assuming that i use the "First time softmodding my Wii Options")

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You have to take the steps clearly explained and provided by the custom generated guide that comes with modmii when doing a PROPER softmod.
Just follow the guide letter by letter.
Anyway there''s not much to backup if you softmod your Wii.
If you have an older Wii you'de make a bootmii backup wich could be reinstalled if you have boot@boot2 installed.
Newer Wii'can only have bootmii as an ios installed. Meaning if you really screw your Wii up, a backup would not help anyway.
Any way modmii provides every nessicary step, the most secure a safest way possible.

Count

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
T
You have to take the steps clearly explained and provided by the custom generated guide that comes with modmii when doing a PROPER softmod.
Just follow the guide letter by letter.
Anyway there''s not much to backup if you softmod your Wii.
If you have an older Wii you'de make a bootmii backup wich could be reinstalled if you have boot@boot2 installed.
Newer Wii'can only have bootmii as an ios installed. Meaning if you really screw your Wii up, a backup would not help anyway.
Any way modmii provides every nessicary step, the most secure a safest way possible.

Thanks for the help! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol