OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow this forum has gone to hell! Every single topic is about Pokemon! Can't we have a Pokemon subforum or something???

Wuschmaster

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
u stole meh pokemans
frown.gif

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think claws is right. I only joined a few days ago, so I'm being a bit forward saying this, but the pokemon surge is definitely having a negative effect on the forum.
Don't get me wrong, I like pokemon, but there are some really interesting threads that get buried amongst all the pokemon related ones (as I write this, 13 of the 22 most active threads are about pokemon)

Maybe we should all vote on the subject?
Could someone please sticky a poll? I would do it myself but I iz nought but a n00b

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
kinda hard to sum up my thoughts on this...

I myself, have clocked in almost 10 hours into the game.. and I haven't looked in a single pokemon topic.. infact I don't think I even opened the dump topics.

why? because nothing important is going on in there.
I assume, most of it is friend code trading, people stuck in the game, people having problems with the rom or .sav file
and all that could probably be summed up in one topic, or perhaps even one post

so when you consider that, pokemon doesn't deserve it's own section, these forums are pretty cluttered already.
all I think is needed is some common sense amongst the people feeling the need to post about it

nileyg

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think claws is right. I only joined a few days ago, so I'm being a bit forward saying this, but the pokemon surge is definitely having a negative effect on the forum.
Don't get me wrong, I like pokemon, but there are some really interesting threads that get buried amongst all the pokemon related ones (as I write this, 13 of the 22 most active threads are about pokemon)

Maybe we should all vote on the subject?
Could someone please sticky a poll? I would do it myself but I iz nought but a n00b
...You joined after the pokepocalypse ...

I second teh hrth subform...
It would be sooooooooo...
hrth.gif

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I assume, most of it is friend code trading, people stuck in the game, people having problems with the rom or .sav file and all that could probably be summed up in one topic, or perhaps even one postYou're right, it could be, and that's the problem - it's not being confined to one post and it's just going to continue

so when you consider that, pokemon doesn't deserve it's own section, these forums are pretty cluttered already.
Agreed, these forums are pretty cluttered (mainly coz of pokeposts). A dedicated pokemon section would help tidy the place up

ambitous21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i agree having a sub forum would be nice.
i mean we all saw how many users there were on THAT day.
it was crazy.
that thread was crazy.
then GBATEMP went offline lol.

i think thats proof enough that pokemon has a huge fanbase here even on gbatemp.
plus there are a lot of discuss, it will not be able to be summed up in one thread.

theres teams, trading, battling, story, game mechanics, where to find
etc etc etc

dsbomb

Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Face it, in all the interwebnetube's lifetime, noobs have never used search, read old posts, etc. They will ALWAYS post a new topic with the same question asked a dozen times on the front page.

Things will quell down, eventually... There haven't been any other good games to come out on the DS since Sunday. Wait, I see a Harlem Gloobtrotters game. Um .. bbl.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

phuzzz

Hooha!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I remember when Ruby and Sapphire came out. Worse than what it's been now ('cause you could play it on an emulator, but had all sorts of different problems *cough*realtimeclock*cough*). This is nothing.

And a subforum won't do shit to get rid of the topics, nor will it really do much to clear the clutter. There's no point in adding a pokemon forum.

Editors Note: Apparently, Firefox doesn't think "pokemon" is spelled correctly, but "Pokemon" is. Hmm....

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
phuzzz hit it right on the pokeballs. If they dont use the search buton, what makes you think noobs will keep posts confined to a specific sub-forum? And yeah, I've lived through the R/S release.

If you're complaining about it, theres only one thing you gotta do to survive, dont view them. Sure they come up when you hit View New Posts, but all it takes you to ignore that is the opposite of a glance. Let people ask for help and if you're not willing to help, its not worth your time to even read the entire topic title.

Wonder what firefox thinks of pokemans and Pokemans. Hmm, doesnt like either of them XD

Verocity

Ö!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Firefox knows, it knows Pokemon is spelled wrong because it doesn't want it spelled at all.

Anyway how is Pokemon?

....try to cut down on the pokemon, its getting annoying and the shoutbox is now called the Pokemon shoutbox.

Dr. Senbei

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Never tried Pokemon. never thought I ever would. But the lack of quality games is making me rethink this. I might have a look at the cause of all this hype madness later tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.