What steps to take before selling a CFW Vita?

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used my Vita in a long while and I think it may be time to move on from it. But I have CFW on it now, and SD2Vita, so I imagine doing a factory reset is gonna be complicated. Is there a correct order to do everything, or should I say undo everything, to avoid messing something up?

There's also the question if I need to factory reset it at all. Maybe it's enough to simply unlink my PSN account, assuming that's possible, seeing as my PSN was required to perform the hack in the first place. But one minor issue is that I set a parental pin on my system. (I had to in order to be able to play that cyberpunk bartender game, Vall-Halla or however it's spelled.) (Yes, the default Vita blocks that game by default, unless you set esrb restriction to none. I am not even making this up.) There seems to be no way to remove the system having a pin once you've created one, the most you're able to do is change what the pin to something else. (hopefully there is a plugin that fixes this)

Last edited by zeello,

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3.65 something-2

_20231129_232929.JPG

I suppose the first step is to undock the microsd. Bad idea to just remove it, right? I should first change the setting that tells the Vita to treat the microsd as a Vita memory card. I just gotta remember where it was..

After that it ought be pretty simple I guess. Just deactivate my psn account and reset.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3.65 something-2

View attachment 406586

I suppose the first step is to undock the microsd. Bad idea to just remove it, right? I should first change the setting that tells the Vita to treat the microsd as a Vita memory card. I just gotta remember where it was..

After that it ought be pretty simple I guess. Just deactivate my psn account and reset.

You need to remove enso if you installed enso and then do a factory reset.

Reactions: The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto