OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
thanatophobia66.livejournal.com
XP
Country
United States
I have an original DSi I recently got from my cousin. It was running Version 1.4U but I just updated to Version 1.4.5U because it did not have the DSi Browse installed and I wanted to use the DSi Shop, but unfotunately it only had the 3DS Transfer Tool. I plan to install homwbrew on the DSi and I have a few questions.

1. What is the easiesr and quickest way to get the Browser on the DSi?

2. Can homebrew be installed on Version 1.2.5U and are any patches made for any exploits found on earlier firmware versions? And if homebrew can be installed, how do I install it on the DSi?

3. If I can't install homebrew on Version 1.2.5U, is there a way to downgrade the firmware?

Last edited by Thanatophobia,

Thanatophobia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
thanatophobia66.livejournal.com
XP
Country
United States
If you have flipnote studio, you can install homebrew and downgrade.

Yeah, I do have Flipnote Studio, but do I need to hook it up to a computer or download software on an SD card to be inserted to the DSi, or can it be untethered? By the way when I try to connec to Flipnote Hatena, it connects to the Internet but says services are discontinued.

Last edited by Thanatophobia,

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I do have Flipnote Studio, but do I need to hook it up to a computer or download software on an SD card to be inserted to the DSi, or can it be untethered? By the way when I try to connec to Flipnote Hatena, it connects to the Internet but says services are discontinued.
Hatena is not necessary, it's completely unrelated to homebrew.

You will need an sd card that you can put files on. It doesn't have to connect to a computer specifically, an android phone will do.

You can't store homebrew on the DSi itself currently, that's why you need the SD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Coming.