What Should I Do To These DVDS?

DoggaDude Aug 24, 2019.

1. DoggaDude
    OP

DoggaDude Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2019
    United States
    Recently, I bought these 8 DVDS, with 4 Gigabytes of storage on each of them.

But, what should I do with these things? Make CDS for my radio speaker to play?

Put games on the DVDS, and then run them on another PC?

I don't know what to do with these DVDS!

2. pasc

pasc Newbie

I used to use those for Game backups. DS and Gbagames don't take up much space.

But be warned. DVDs won't last forever (my old backups were unreadable after 6 years)

H1B1Esquire and DoggaDude like this.
  3. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Dvd's? What are these... The zeroties? Online and NAS storage is where it's at nowadays. B-)

Honestly, I have no idea. My own pc's dvd player could be broken for years for all I know. After installing windows (ahem) and perhaps network drivers, I can't find a reason for them. Even Linux live dvd's. Yes, you can burn them and have a backup, but there's no advantage over a pendrive (which can also be re-used when a new version comes out).

Perhaps your original idea is the best. I have an audio player that can read mp3's on DVD 's. After burning at least a few dozen albums on a single DVD, I calculated that if you just press' play', it plays about 2 full days before it played the last one. :P

Erm... Perhaps a last suggestion, though a Nas would be better : subscribe to humble monthly, download every game you want from their trove (they're drm free games) until you hit 32 gigabytes - or have everything - and burn those to the disc's.

4. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    Sell them? Collect them? Microwave them?

Play Frisbee?
    Blind people on the street?
    Microwave the DVDs, throw them at blind people like a Frisbee, and collect anger?

5. CallmeBerto

CallmeBerto The Lone Wanderer

GBAtemp Patron
    CallmeBerto is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 1, 2017
    United States
    USA
    Becoming a ninja and use them like shurikens.

Jiehfeng and DANTENDO like this.
  6. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Take em back ask can you exchange them for a DVD wallet

7. Extrasklep

Extrasklep gbaTemp Fan

Aug 24, 2017
    Poland
    Browser’s Castle
    Linux distros

8. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Okay, what about the comical option: use them as coffee cup holders?

At first I dismissed it as I imagined they'd be a bit too expensive for that, but then again...are they really? 4 GB USB drives are almost given away with cereal boxes, so surely an easy-to-scratch and somewhat outdated DVD disc can't be much more expensive (if anything, it should be cheaper. And going by a quick google that showcases things like 10 bucks for 50, it's not like I'm very wrong).

That certainly does NOT invalidate the reason to have a DVD wallet in the first place! :creep:

9. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    Why did you buy 4GB DVD's? Why not 8GB dvd's? you could store more junk to it :rofl2:

10. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    He asked a stupid question so I gave a stupid reply :D

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted