Hacking What R4i to buy for my 1.4.1e firmware update DSi?

Zakkky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My DSi was updated to firmware update 1.4.1e so which R4i cards would still work for me? Thanks in advance

Zakkky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really torn over which one should get. But what I mainly wanna know is would the R4i still work? I have a used DSi that was already updates to 1.4.1e. Thank you in advance. I wish I could reply but I won't have access to internet for the next few days.

Nathanaël

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
R4i Gold & R4iDSN are better than Acekard or Supercard now.

They boot faster, they are cheaper and the casing is much better than Ace or Super.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
look at post counts when looking for info

all noobs have r4 and they are terrible for quality and game compatibility.

acekard 2i and suoercard dstwo are the best

they not always need updates because they don't need them
and when they do there fast

r4 you either have to wait for a update for every game or buy a new card as a ds update has blocked it and you can't get round them

Akiranon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't quite understand all the hate against the R4i clones (talking about the R4iDSN and R4i Gold), to be honest. Have you ever used any of the new ones that support Wood? They work absolutely fine with great game compatibility, and if a game doesn't work, YWG releases another version of Wood that makes the game work. Wood is fast and on top of that looks pretty and is customisable!

And let's be completely honest here; there aren't going to be a lot of new game released for the DS anymore. It's in the last stages of its life. There are only a few new titles coming out that might require patching. The other 5,000 titles already work fine on Wood.

Nathanaël

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
The Supercard kids are angry now, of course. That explaines a lot.
mellow.gif

Supercard needs fixes / flashing for DSi and 3DS firmware updates. - R4iDS works right out of the box.

Supercard claims auto anti-piracy. - But there are no new games.

Supercard costs 23 Euros - R4iDS costs 7 Euros.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Nathanaël said:
The Supercard kids are angry now, of course. That explaines a lot.
mellow.gif

Supercard needs fixes / flashing for DSi and 3DS firmware updates. - R4iDS works right out of the box.

Supercard claims auto anti-piracy. - But there are no new games.

Supercard costs 23 Euros - R4iDS costs 7 Euros.
The R4i doesn't work out of the box as you still have to install the kernel onto a SDHC card which is identical to the SCDS2.

The Supercard doesn't need flashing at all. You just install the latest EOS and the latest update onto the SDHC card and away you go.

The SCDS2 does have Auto Anti-Piracy bypass and 99.9% of games work on it perfectly ,even the newest of games. Also because of the way the SCDS2 works it doesn't need constant kernel updates when new games come out unlike R4 cards.

The SCDS2 costs 23 Euros because it has an extra CPU and memory so that it can run emulators that will not work on R4 cards like SNES and GBA it also has many other homebrew emulators and it's own video player which will play 640x480 resolution .avi files. It also has a built in cheat generator, slow motion, in-game guides and a real time save. All features that no R4i has.

Nathanaël

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru

Akiranon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'd just like to add that I own both an R4i Gold and a Supercard DSTWO and that I hardly ever use any of the features of the DSTWO, simply because I have other devices that do the job better (PSP, iPhone). Don't get me wrong, I love my Supercard as well, but I hardly use any of the extra features it comes with. In this aspect the R4i Gold is perfect for my needs (that, I and I have a lot of other flashcarts that I don't use
tongue.gif
), because all I ever want to do is run DS games with my flashcart. The R4i Gold works perfectly fine for that and is cheaper.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Nathanaël said:
@Buleste: I have Acekard 2.i and DSTwo and I don't use them anymore since I got my R4iDSN 3D. If you would have a R4iDSN, you wouln't use your Supercard anymore. It's that simple.
I had an AK2i and I have a SCDS2 and a iSMM. I use the SCDS2 for emulators and watching videos and the iSMM for everyday use as it doesn't drain the battery as much as the SCDS2.

I don't want or need a r4idsn card because it hasn't got any of the features I want like Auto Anti Piracy bypass (I would have to wait for a kernel update), cheat generator or in-game guide. It's that simple.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Nathanaël said:
Pong20302000 said:

You can read?

GBAtemp Golden Award:
http://gbatemp.net/t293386-r4i-gold-3ds-compatible-review

Nintendomax:
http://www.nintendomax.com/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=13208

@Buleste: I have Acekard 2.i and DSTwo and I don't use them anymore since I got my R4iDSN 3D. If you would have a R4iDSN, you wouln't use your Supercard anymore. It's that simple.
What's so good about R4iDSN 3D?

Nathanaël

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
People have different needs. I use DSTwo for GBA emulation only now (Pokémon, yeah).

But when you had an Acekard and liked the GUI, and then you get a Wood card (Gold or DSN), you'll be a bit surprised because it's simply like everything you liked and loved - just a bit better.
laugh.gif

Everybody agrees that it's annoying that these Wood cards have "R4" in the name. That's something we just have to get used.

But they are not bad, they are really good indeed.

And the Auto-AP feature is simply a bit useless now, no matter if it's on Akaio or DSTwo.

@FireGrey: Casing is much better than Acekard, it has Favorites (what Acekard doesn't have), it boots faster than Acekard (or Supercard), cheat menu looks much cleaner, you can customise much more with the skin than it was possible with Acekard, and you can display 8 games with icons now on a single page which looks even nicer than on Cyclo now. It's really good.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Nathanaël said:
Pong20302000 said:

You can read?

GBAtemp Golden Award:
http://gbatemp.net/t293386-r4i-gold-3ds-compatible-review

Nintendomax:
http://www.nintendomax.com/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=13208

Yes but R4i Gold Compatibility is done by the Team making YWG do all the work with WOOD

if he stops then the card is dead in the water

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Nathanaël said:
And the Auto-AP feature is simply a bit useless now, no matter if it's on Akaio or DSTwo.
How can the Auto Anti-Piracy bypass be useless when it means you don't have to constantly update your kernel or search for patched ROMs when new games come out?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto