Apple What other sites to get Ipod Touch hacking info and news?

AC/DS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, tomorrow I'm going to get a new IPod Touch 4, I'm so excited.
I'd like to know which other sites you guys use for some hacking info, news and such. I am also interested in the emulator scene, is there a comprehensive list of emulators for IPod Touch with game compatibility list and such?
Also is it true I can run PS One games on this device and how do the games run?
Also will it run my mp4 movies the same way as my PSP used to? Can I just copy them to the iPod?
I am a complete noob to this, so please bear with me.
Thanks for any input.

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
You will need to jailbreak it using greenpois0n then install cydia, buy PSX4all the PS one emulator to play PS one games and the iPod can play MP4s, just drag and drop them into iTunes.

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
AC/DS said:
Hi all, tomorrow I'm going to get a new IPod Touch 4, I'm so excited.
I'd like to know which other sites you guys use for some hacking info, news and such. I am also interested in the emulator scene, is there a comprehensive list of emulators for IPod Touch with game compatibility list and such? Not as such, but anything PS one and older as available for emulation. Also google modmyi
wink.gif

Also is it true I can run PS One games on this device and how do the games run? It runs like crap, Seriously
Also will it run my mp4 movies the same way as my PSP used to? Can I just copy them to the iPod? Just add them to you iTunes library
I am a complete noob to this, so please bear with me.
Thanks for any input.

kjb1686

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is a wonderful site called ipodtouchfans.com that has all sorts of info along with a nice board. You can play mp4s on your ipod yes but they just released a app called vlc that allows you to play movies without conversion. Enjoy your new ipod
yaywii.gif

AC/DS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Forgot to ask 1 important thing:
Is Greenpois0n a tethered or untethered JB?
If untethered, is there a permanent JB for 4.1?

AC/DS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
kjb1686 said:
Greenp0sion is untethered
Does it mean the JB is gone once the device is completely turned off? Akin to the PSP's "temporary downgrade"?

Some new questions spring to mind, apologies again but I am a total noob in this:

- Is the only way how to charge the device through the USB connection to the PC? (this could be bothersome)

- Can it connect to the internet through the PC's USB port, bypassing iTunes and using my PC DSL internet connection , and download stuff from the web directly?

Thx again.

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Untethered means that the device stays jailbroken after turn off (Tethered is when you have to connect you device to the computer to turn it on again)

You can buy a mains charger or charge on an iPod dock

and no it can only connect to wi-fi, USB is purely for charging and transferring data

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night