M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Try the M3 Lite (Perfect!). It rocks!

You can choose the case color (5 colors). There is even a GBA-sized one.

It works as RAM for the browser and for GBA and DS games. GBA games compatibly is 100% (the only games that have been reported not to work are NES Classics, which work on my M3 Lite with a patch) and DS compatibly is near 100% (if not 100%). From my experience it's higher than the M3 Simply / R4 (I own one as well). Patching is a pain though, the M3 Game Manager sucks! But it does the job...

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yay for bumping a 2 month old thread!
Lol, I didn't even see that
rofl2.gif

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yay for bumping a 2 month old thread!

Dealextreme.com has the Chinese version of the G6 Lite for $45 USD with free shipping. It only comes with the white shell & GBA shell though.

What good would the Chinese version do me? Would i be able to use the english update to change it to english? Would it die on me?

P.S.: Yay for bumping my own 9 month old thread!

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Chinese version does all of the same things the English version does, it's just got the menus in Chinese. You cannot use the English loader on a Chinese G6, but it wouldn't be hard to figure out how to use it with the Chinese menus, there really aren't that many options. It quite possibly might die on you, carts with internal memory do that sometimes.

This is all irrelevant though; DealExtreme has been sold out of the G6 Lite for months now, and they probably won't ever get more. I brought it up at the time because someone mentioned the G6 Lite, and that was a very good price for that cart.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It quite possibly might die on you, carts with internal memory do that sometimes.
What dies in those carts are the internal batteries. Replacing them should have them back up and running again, although none of the ones that I've seen used battery clips, they just soldered the battery directly, but if you did/could replace I'd recomend putting in a clip to hold the battery and for easier replacement. (You'd also have to remember that you're using a clip now, and if you jar the cart enough, you could dislodge the battery, although I'd think the possibility low, and you'd obviously notice the sound of the battery rattling around inside of the case...)

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Bot, there are some resellers who sell those batteries with soldered joints, I found them when I was after fixing a Zelda ALINKtoTHEpast GBA ROM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: get a used series X?