Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vinneke23 said:
yes you are right wabsta, vista is'nt bad it's just not what it should be.
It's stable but it juses from itself in my opinion a little bit too much of the ram memory and cpu memory.
a little question. can you reset your flag because I come from holland and not from the usa.
alot of people just rant about how bad vista is because hey heard its really bad from other places
like it needs 4-8GB of ram to run stable (wrong, I myself ran vista ultimate on my dell with 512MB fine, no problems, not only that but where XP would lag the whole system up if it was unraring/burning a CD or DVD / or any intensive CPU program, it would go at a snails pace where as vista installed on the same system would not get the lag [on a P4 @ 2.40ghz], I wouldnt even notice if a program like that was running)

as far as its using memory, it cache's commonly used programs in the memory so they pretty start in a instant like FF
if you need the memory back for something else, it free's it and gives it back to the system
a common mistake why people complain vista uses so much memory

anyway to change your region flag go to
My Controls > Edit Profile Information
it will be the first option on the top

chrisman01

Trophies
Website
empireofsteel.thecomicseries.com
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
vinneke23 said:
It's stable but it juses from itself in my opinion a little bit too much of the ram memory and cpu memory.
a little question. can you reset your flag because I come from holland and not from the usa.
alot of people just rant about how bad vista is because hey heard its really bad from other places
like it needs 4-8GB of ram to run stable (wrong, I myself ran vista ultimate on my dell with 512MB fine, no problems, not only that but where XP would lag the whole system up if it was unraring/burning a CD or DVD / or any intensive CPU program, it would go at a snails pace where as vista installed on the same system would not get the lag [on a P4 @ 2.40ghz], I wouldnt even notice if a program like that was running)

as far as its using memory, it cache's commonly used programs in the memory so they pretty start in a instant like FF
if you need the memory back for something else, it free's it and gives it back to the system

WTF?! You're running Vista on 512MB of RAM?!?! huhwhaaaa?

In my computer repair class, we were always told Vista needs at LEAST 1GB of RAM... in fact, in every review I've read the user could only bring down Vista's RAM usage to 1GB.

Either you're lying, or you are a tech WIZARD! Could you make a video or take some pics to prove it??

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try it yourself if you dont believe me
my dell dimension 4550 with vista ultimate installed on it says other wise though
the minimum requirement for vista is only 512MB

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chrisman01 said:
Joe88 said:
vinneke23 said:

In my computer repair class, we were always told Vista needs at LEAST 1GB of RAM... in fact, in every review I've read the user could only bring down Vista's RAM usage to 1GB.

Either you're lying, or you are a tech WIZARD! Could you make a video or take some pics to prove it??
Maybe that Vista was a Home Basic? The one with no AERO?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
naglaro00 said:
chrisman01 said:
Joe88 said:
vinneke23 said:

Maybe that Vista was a Home Basic? The one with no AERO?
it was vista ultimate, however I couldnt use aero since the 9250 didnt support it

acesniper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
try it yourself if you dont believe me
my dell dimension 4550 with vista ultimate installed on it says other wise though
the minimum requirement for vista is only 512MB
True, the minimum requirements for Vista is 512mb, but it will have VERY poor performance. I have first hand experience. 1gb is just recommended.

moose3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm running Vista right now, tried Win7 (basically vista sp3 with less annoying UAC). I'll admit it's not as bad as I had thought, and while annoying at first, you get used to the UAC. It can always be removed if you really can't stand it. But I'll probably see about getting a copy of 7 sometime when it's available from where I work, But I'm in no rush.

I would have stuck with XP myself just out of habit, but with building a new system, I'd be wasting RAM with XP's cap, being an x86 based system. And no, I didn't want to try the x64 ver of XP.

I really was getting into Ubuntu, but then I let it upgrade itself to 9.04.... and it really didn't like my shiny new video card. However, Win 7 beta hosed something somewhere (or a GRUB repair was not the only thing needed) so GParted can't distinguish the partition table to re-load 9.04 or even 8.10 without a complete system wipe, or serious and potentially risky repairs.

I still prefer windows for 1 reason: Fallout 3. Excluding that, it's a toss up for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E