What Is Your Favorite Type Of Gaming? (Poll +)

What Is Your Favorite Type Of Gaming?

• Handheld

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Home Console

• PC

• Gadget(iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android/ect.)

• Other (please elaborate)

• Total voters

JsdMaNintendo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Post a comment on which you've picked, and why. Also, in your comment, only explain the one. I tried this on another site and everyone was always just saying, "I like this one, but this one is good too," and it was just annoying, so please don't do that, it's annoying.

Me, I love handhelds. I just love sitting in the back of the car and making sweet, sweet technological love to the system of my choice, giving it cute little nicknames, making it into my best friend, and imagining what it'd be like to be married to it.

Okay, no, that's not true, but seriously, I do love my my handhelds. They have never done me wrong like some of my consoles have. The Nintendo DSi is my current favorite, but I also love the GameBoy series and the PSP series, which I don't even understand myself since I don't like the PlayStation's.

Don't forget to tell what your choice was, and explain your decision! ^-^

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Home Console. Whether I'm lost in a great single player game, or I'm playing local multiplayer with my buddies, the home console is my favorite type of gaming.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a handheld gamer.

Not only is it progressing more rapidly than console and more affordable than PC, it's also easy to pick it up and take it wherever I need to. No need to search for a save point and stop playing when something comes up.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hand held gaming is for me. I love the fact I can play a 3D game while laying down on my bed. It's just fun... Need Ocarina of Time 3DS, now.
yaynds.gif

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would have liked to have said paper n pencil role games ie 4th edition Dungeons and Dragons currently.

But in the realm of things that run on electricity, I am compelled to pick hand held.

Because I can take it anywhere. And sometimes you just don't want to game at home.

Because a walk to the library/mall/park/beach or at the cottage, on the way too or from work (or school) is better with a game.
You can't bring your console of computer with you like that.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Handheld for me. Nothing beats curling up on the couch playing a good game AND not having to compete over the TV and deal with people complaining that they want to watch something.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably a home console. I love controls on a PC but it still feels so "confined", being hunched over a keyboard and what not. Maybe my PC area setup sucks. Handhelds always give me cramps too. I have an iPod Touch, DS, and PSP and they all cramp up my hands depending on how I hold them (mainly if I have to use the bumpers).

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PC. I used to be a console gamer until I got a PC that didn't suck.
Generally, if it's on PC and console, it's better on PC. A few exceptions of course. Mostly sandbox games, they seem to take a nose dive going over to PC.

Though of course, I still love my 360 and DS/PSP. 360 has some great (console)exclusives, mostly in the form of jRPGs. My favorite games are ones with great stories, and you just really don't find that too often on a PC.
DS/PSP of course also have some great games you'll never see on a PC. Plus they're convenient.

But still, PC just...reigns supreme.

Javacat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The biggest factor in PC being my favourite is probably because adventure games are my favourite genre, and they generally suck on consoles (when/if they are even released on them).
PC also gets most of the good games released on any of the consoles, so you don't really miss out on anything (although I'm still waiting for Red Dead Redemption
mad.gif
).
The range of interfaces is great with keyboard, mouse, joypad, joystick, steering wheel, etc and they can all be easily mixed and matched.
I generally find talking to other players on PC games is better as well as I can quickly flame somebody using my keyboard or annoy people using my mic.
Although not so much of a big deal these days with the 360 and PS3, but being able to update games and easily install modifications/addons is great.
Games are also generally cheaper on the PC, which is a big +++ since I've stopped pirating so much (arg!). I can't remember the last time I bought a Wii game, most of them are just sillyoverpriced.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night