Hacking What is with the CFW Wars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted-406011

So how about adding a 'delete config' to the Luma settings then? So this can all be done on a 3DS?

I believe your perception of confusing end users is off. I highly doubt this setting would affect anything, other than give the user more choice.

Not happening. It can already be done all on a 3DS, use CTRXplorer, GodMode9, 3DShell, whatever. There is no extra "choice" added, the result from setting an impossible menu combo is exactly the same as adding a menu toggle. There is literally zero difference between it "listening for the combo" and not, no consequence, no nothing.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Not happening. It can already be done all on a 3DS, use CTRXplorer, GodMode9, 3DShell, whatever. There is no extra "choice" added, the result from setting an impossible menu combo is exactly the same as adding a menu toggle. There is literally zero difference between it "listening for the combo" and not, no consequence, no nothing.
B-but muh 1 CPU cycle!

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
I guess I should've specified that the 'delete settings' was a joke.

And again just to be clear, this was about adding an option to the Select-on-boot Luma config menu. Not adding a setting to the Rosalina L+Sel+Down menu.

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
Eh, I admit I went a bit overboard there. Had a long day and have already seen too many threads like this and was a bit more harsh than I should have been.

Being harsh is nothing compared to being "Destroyer of Civilization". Don't be so humble. XD

It's good to know that simply asking for a single option, I'm now being attacked. It really shows you care about your users.

If you have no plans to introduce an ability to disable Rosalina, that's fine, and that's all you had to say. As I said, I'll be gladly sticking with Luma 7.1 until I have a reason to switch.

I laughed when you said that he cares about his users. As if these users you are speaking about have payed any of the developers of luma (or any other CFW for that matter) for their work and the things they have added/keep adding. If you pay I can understand asking them for something in return. But if you aren't paying then you can ask for stuff to be done, not impose.

Also, as how I see it, in the same way people claim some members or the developers of Luma are "forcing down the throat" to use that CFW, some people are "forcing" -blackmailing, or being ungrateful for FREE stuff- developers to add or remove features they might want or don't want.

Last edited by Bullseye,

Sonlen1414

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how about adding a 'delete config' to the Luma settings then? So this can all be done on a 3DS?

I believe your perception of confusing end users is off. I highly doubt this setting would affect anything, other than give the user more choice.

Edit: Just so I'm clear, and this all hasn't been a misunderstanding, I mean adding a toggleable option to the Luma 3DS settings. The menu that opens when holding Select on boot.

Go hangout on the Nintendo Homebrew Discord, read r/3dshacks help channel, watch people struggle to just download Luma, to struggle to (somehow) open Rosalina, and struggle to even access HBL using it, Luma3DS is supposed to be "Noob Proof" we don't need yet another thing that people cant understandand and argue about when trying to actually help people. You are asking for a feature, that already exists, to be re-implemented into a 2nd layer of pointlessness to make those same users struggle even more then they already do just to use the basic features of Luma.

D

Deleted-406011

that actually sounds like a good idea, the developers could add an option in the luma configuration menu to "reset all default settings".

Pointless, the same is accomplished by removing or renaming config.bin. I'd understand if there were a lot of complex menu options, but there's only a few.

Reactions: DarthDub

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
What's ludicrous is the amount of backlash I've received about adding a small menu item. God damn.
That's not why you're receiving backlash..

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Oh I'm well aware. I didn't think that suggesting one of the many useful features of Luma have a setting to be disabled would deal such a blow to the dev's confidence that this backlash would happen.
You didn't deliver a blow to anyone's confidence, get over yourself.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
That could potentially confuse users in order to psychologically jerk you off, no thanks.
Potentially is the keyword. I'm certain it'd confuse no one.

Sure you'd have to get Plailect on the line to add another line to his Luma Config step, or hell maybe even not. But I really doubt it'd confuse anyone.

Wow, you're really cocky.
It's been an hour an a half. More even.

Reactions: Xiphiidae
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Cyberpunk computer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge0DcGBnC9o