Hacking What is TrueBlue, and what does it do?

lostreverie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I know this is a stupid question. But I can't find even the most rudimentary guide about this thing, and apparently the "hardcore" PS3 hacking community hates it because they delete anything that even mentions it. So I gotta go to you guys and hope someone who knows PS3 stuff is around, because gbatemp is always friendly and straight-dope.

Here are my questions:

1. Does the TB play 3.55+ games?

2. Does it only play the games that are "fixed," or are the fixes I keep seeing just responses to individual anti-piracy efforts?

3. Is there a list of what games the TB2 can play somewhere? More importantly, can it play Rayman, Catherine, and Disgaea 4?

4. Do you need to burn a blu-ray backup for it to work, or can you put the files on the HDD?

5. Are they a worthy investment? If so, where can I buy one, and should I try and find the real deal or pick up a clone?

Thanks and cheers.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To add on to what he said above, they last updated their website of patches in March. There have been a ton more releases of patches since then. The link below is a compatibility of all the PS3 games, what you'll need to get them to work, and whether or not there's a True Blue patch for it.

http://www.pshomebre...patibility_List

Everything is playable that you mentioned, however you'll need the Japanese version of Disgaea 4 and patch it with the English patch.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't know about it being a good investment, tb patches can take ages to appear and the E3 team have shown you don't need dongles to play the latest games, as with there patches for Fifa Street and Ninja Gaiden 3, but if you don't have the patients to wait, go ahead

lostreverie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thanks everyone! You guys rock. I think I'm going to go ahead and pick one up--there is a chance that a month from now someone will have a more elegant dongle-free solution, but worst case scenario I'm out $60 bucks to play a bunch of great games, and I think there is a good chance the wait on the ps3 scene could be quite awhile.

PS for anyone else buying from that site the coupon code "snapshot" saves a couple of bucks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out