Hardware What is this on the screen ?

tairo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just bought this on ebay and guy said screens are in good condition ??? its not that bad when its switched on but it looks like someone sprayed it with white dots ?

ojebv8.jpg
mlvmh.jpg

Wanderman_Trigge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks like they used HEAVY duty glass cleaner and left it on for TOOO LONG hope it comes off (and hasint burn into the bottom screen)

Phyl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Paint? I recently re-painted my bedroom. My laptop charger was uncovered and it was sprayed with blue dots like yours as a result of using a paint roller.

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it can't be a screen thing.
the marks are on the plastic too.

Looks like paint.

Take some nail polish and apply it to the plastic, not the screen, and see if it comes off.

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats what all my gadgets look like when I don't think and spray air scents at my ceiling fan, before I hide them under a pillow or in a drawer. I don't know what kind of spray, but it's definitely residue left by a spray.
A damp microfiber cloth or less than damp magic eraser might get the job done.

Avoid chemical surface cleaners and paper towels. And I'll even say avoid rubbing alcohol. Its good for cleaning woulds and a few copper contacts, but its shitty for cleaning transparent plastic.

If you must use a cleansing solution, google plastic-safe ones. If you use a Magic Eraser, then use light strokes and let the foam do the work. A magic eraser is basically just a soft foam pad thats micro porous. Thats why it can get things up like permanent market, because what it's actually doing is chipping away at dried marker on a micro level

Reactions: SmileCitrus

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wipe it off with some rubbing alcohol.

that's what I would try. use a micro fiber cloth if you can because a q-tip/cotton pad and even tissue will leave micro scratches. maybe try wiping the splatter off the black plastic first to see if it works. it does look like paint splatter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.