Android What is the most powerful Android tablet right now?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't say that is the greatest thing if you want to actually go out and play.... I mean you could but then you will just look silly doing it. At least with a PSP you will be able to smoothly run PS1 and PSP games as well. If you were going to just play at home should just invest in a Wii and hack that and play Wii games as well. Why spend 500$ on a tablet if you could spend less than 100$ for all the things he wants to do with it.

Protip, the Nexus 7 is $200, and N64 emulation isn't all that great on the PSP.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

LegendAssassinF

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Off topic but I also want to try out emulation on the Nexus 7. Is the PS3 controller as good as it gets for bluetooth controller or is there something smaller so I could throw it in my suitcase the next time I go on a plane journey?

I would buy a Wiimote for the best portability but you can kick N64 games since not enough buttons on wiimote but you could just buy a Classic Controller but would end up being more trouble to carry around then a PS3 controller.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Nexus 7 runs N64 games just fine, the problem is the emulator, at least in my case it was. N64oid runs Super smash bros and all of the LoZ games just fine for me, and that's all I really care about. If you wait a bit longer, the newer version of the Nexus 7 should be released soon.

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I don't know you but carrying a tablet plus a controller, need to pair the controller everytime, need a stand for the tablet cuz you can't have both things in your hands and play at the same time. Imagine trying to play in a Bus or a Train.

Reactions: LegendAssassinF

LegendAssassinF

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't know you but carrying a tablet plus a controller, need to pair the controller everytime, need a stand for the tablet cuz you can't have both things in your hands and play at the same time. Imagine trying to play in a Bus or a Train.

I don't think people are understanding that lol

The Riolu

Emanation Pokémon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've played some N64 games on my Nexus 10 and they run smoothly. I'd vouch for the N10 but the Nexus 7 is also a great deal for its hardware. Keep in mind that (at least for me) I had problems with the screen flickering, crappy on/off Wi-Fi connection, etc. But maybe they fixed it in their latest batch of the N7, I just upgraded to the N10 because size didn't really matter at that point anymore.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's not all that bad. I carry along with me a PS3 controller and just set my tablet on my lap to play.

trigger_ftu

The FantomPhox
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most n64 emulators you see on the play stor has been stolen and modified code from pauls code. look at the interface and the plugins involved it's all the same just changing the name. i end up reporting every kanged emulator i find that wants money and not even giving credit for the original developer.

TheCasketMan

Keyblade Apprentice
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most n64 emulators you see on the play stor has been stolen and modified code from pauls code. look at the interface and the plugins involved it's all the same just changing the name. i end up reporting every kanged emulator i find that wants money and not even giving credit for the original developer.
What about n64oid, I seen some people say it is better than Paul's code, but you have to pay for it. Is that true?

trigger_ftu

The FantomPhox
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried it once, never used it after trying Paul's code. That's all about preference, I had purchased n64oid used it for a while but after the other came out I have been using it instead. I like the fact that you can use different plugins for the emulator, I have a few on hand I play with but nothing more.

Rockhoundhigh

Man with a mission
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IRC a Nexus 7 successor is coming relatively soon. In all honesty I would just hold out for that and as for GCN emulation, even though Dolphin for Android is currently in public pre-alpha I wouldn't count on anything on either the software or hardware side improving enough for at least another year for that to even be something anyone should use to make their purchasing decisions.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
The most important feature I'm after if I buy a Nexus 7/10 and use a custom ROM, is the ability to use OTG cables and usb sticks for movies, game controllers, etc... Neither of my samsung phones have OTG support, and it pisses me off that what should be a a standard feature, isn't so standard...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.