Hacking What is the future of wiiUSB?

RobotMunster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got Wii USB loader up and running and love the organization of it not needing to look for all my games in each others case is grate just back them up!!!nice! but this got me thinking will it be possible at some time to back up DVD movie iso's and play them in the Wii?

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Use your PC to pack the movies to .avi.. There is a 0.01% chance someone will make such a program for wii, but it definitely won't be the same program as usb loader.. (Is WiiUSB something you made up because you thought it sounds cool or have I missed something?)

ED: typo

Cubed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I miss this type of program as well, would be awesome to be able to watch DVD movies without having to burn them.

But if you "unpack" the iso file, so that you get vob files and stuff instead, and open the vob files with Mplayer-CE you can watch the movie. However, I don't think it's possible to activate the DVD subtitles this way.

RobotMunster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry i meant usb loader
wacko.gif
but i was more thinking of other programs to run different backups off the hard drive ie.. DVD backups ,Mp3s, jpegs and so on!

franky86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a few hard drives set up for my media center.

1 TB hard drive full of movies/tv series connected to an old pc which is connected to the TV and used to stream them all.

1 500 GB hard drive connected to the wii full of games.

1 250 GB hard drive connected to the ps2 also full of games.

actual discs are all collecting dust on the shelves. =p

RobotMunster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW i use dvdshrink to backup my dvds to a hard disc folder so i can play them on my computer and i was thinking of buying the Seagate FreeAgent Theater Media Player so i don't need to rummage threw all my cases but was thinking it should be possible to do this with the wii

franky86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think it'd be possible, but most people wouldn't bother because its just extra work to get it to work on the wii compared to using a 360/ps3 or an old pc/server to do it.

RobotMunster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
franky86 said:
i have a few hard drives set up for my media center.

1 TB hard drive full of movies/tv series connected to an old pc which is connected to the TV and used to stream them all.

1 500 GB hard drive connected to the wii full of games.

1 250 GB hard drive connected to the ps2 also full of games.

actual discs are all collecting dust on the shelves. =p

connecting a pc to the tv was my first thought and a vary good idea for mutable uses!! but it is also space consuming for me . a 1tb hard drive to keep all you movies in is the way to go i hate loading discs (you know misplacing them putting them into a different case gets to be a hassle)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER